IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Just started Very British Problems on Netflix and the first episode was pretty cute. Should probably be a 20-30 minute show instead of 45 minutes, but I just run shows like that in the background only half paying attention anyway.

been watching bates motel, it's really good despite some glaring weaknesses. the relationship between the two main characters and the ensuing psychodrama are superbly conceived. that borderline-too-weird-for-tv grownup son-mother relationship gets very uncomfortable, and it's exciting, it's something i don't think i've ever seen on tv. vera farmiga's acting is really the best i've witnessed for a while on the screen. pretty much every scene with the two main characters is engaging and full of energy, even though highmore tends to overact from time to time. it's just captivating even without any actual development into some particular direction.

but then all of it couldn't really exist in a vacuum so there's this fucked-up-but-high-brow, oregon crime town that's been conceived to give characters a world to inhabit, and that's where the show is significantly weaker. it gets bogged down in (mostly) boring crime related story lines (the whole weed wars/zane/nick ford shit was just dull), and poorly developed characters. there's something twin peaks about it, at least it tries to go for that with all kinds of mysteries and webs of lies and messed up teenagers, but it never really takes off anywhere interesting apart from that weirdly nonchalant and casual attitude to death and murder (which happen very often) by most of the characters. although i can't even say if it's an oversight by the writers or actually something intentional, in any case it kinda makes it amusing in a way. all those interleaved town proceedings make the show a quite a bit soapy and sort of mask its real strengths, but keeping up with it payed off.

Mr. Robot S02 season finale - Thoroughly enjoyed. The season got tied up nicely setting up an interesting season 3 with more parts in motion. No Phillip monologue though...wtf?

Joanna Face meat/10

Mr. Robot S02 season finale - Thoroughly enjoyed. The season got tied up nicely setting up an interesting season 3 with more parts in motion. No Phillip monologue though...wtf?

Joanna Face meat/10

Seriously, I hope they open Season 3 with a 10 minute Philip monologue - it should start with an amusing anecdote about the American civil war, touch briefly on sexual hedonism in the 1960s, and close on why he is the most powerful person in the world.

At least we can kind of see where this is going now.

Joanna Face meat/10

Seriously, I hope they open Season 3 with a 10 minute Philip monologue - it should start with an amusing anecdote about the American civil war, touch briefly on sexual hedonism in the 1960s, and close on why he is the most powerful person in the world.

Heh. I love me some Phillip monologues. Even though his scenes are basically a monolgue or nothing, I enjoy them.

Seriously, he's probably my favorite character on the show.

bbc is running ads for series 3 of The Fall, so its iminent

as much as i love Belfast & could bathe in Ms Anderson's allure the fact they couldnt wrap it all oop in one series was a bit of a pisser imho

after the end of series 1 i gave up tbh, although a mental health worker as a psycho was a different take on mutilated womens (why's it always the ladies getting butchered btw?)

Edited by cwmbrancity

Joanna Face meat/10

Heh. I love me some Phillip monologues. Even though his scenes are basically a monolgue or nothing, I enjoy them.

Seriously, he's probably my favorite character on the show.

I don't know about my favorite character, but I do honestly love his monologues. When he was haranguing the people at the Fed, that was quite lush.

I just finished a BBC 3 series called "Flowers" that is on the streaming service "SeeSo".

It was one of the most brilliant and moving stories i have ever seen told through a visual medium.

I couldn't recommend it more highly. It stars Julian Barratt AKA Howard Moon of the Mighty Boosh.

Season 2 is up on Nexflix

I don't know if season 3 is happening now or not

Yeah, I've seen the first seasons, was hoping new stuff appeared. After the letdown at the end of The Killing, The Fall seemed to scratch the same itches to me. Just waiting for more now...maybe forever :(

I just finished a BBC 3 series called "Flowers" that is on the streaming service "SeeSo".

It was one of the most brilliant and moving stories i have ever seen told through a visual medium.

I couldn't recommend it more highly. It stars Julian Barratt AKA Howard Moon of the Mighty Boosh.

lol, the vast differences in taste on this forum never fail to surprise and amuse me..

i don't think i've hated a show that much in such a short amount of time, i gave it exactly 13 mins (i remember) before deleting the whole thing and i was just overflowing with hate and awestruck about how something that obnoxious and disingenuous could be made and offered to human audience.

Edited by eugene

lol, the vast differences in taste on this forum never fail to surprise and amuse me..

i don't think i've hated a show that much in such a short amount of time, i gave it exactly 13 mins (i remember) before deleting the whole thing and i was just overflowing with hate and awestruck about how something that obnoxious and disingenuous could be made and offered to human audience.

That's the one with the weird Asian stereotype right? I posted about it before, really didn't like it either. I'm usually a sucker for dark British comedy but could not gel with Flowers.