IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

First ep of the new MST3K was great. Seemed a little shaky at first, and sometimes the jokes seemed like they came too fast/too often but overall I dig it, and I'm excited to watch the rest of the season.

Yeah, Reptilicus was some funny shit, they seemed to get better at ad libbing as the film went on.  The fake station breaks take some getting used to.  Also, the new guy didn't seem to mind too much being kidnapped and held against his will with the lunatic robots.

Nice to see Joel wrote, directed and acted in this ep.

First ep of the new MST3K was great. Seemed a little shaky at first, and sometimes the jokes seemed like they came too fast/too often but overall I dig it, and I'm excited to watch the rest of the season.

Yeah, Reptilicus was some funny shit, they seemed to get better at ad libbing as the film went on. The fake station breaks take some getting used to. Also, the new guy didn't seem to mind too much being kidnapped and held against his will with the lunatic robots.

Nice to see Joel wrote, directed and acted in this ep.

The well-groomed / thermostat / door ajar gag was the one that won me over 100%. I almost had to pause the movie, I was laughing so hard.

5 episodes in now, and Cry Wilderness is my favorite.

Just finished 13 Reasons Why. Definitely flawed, especially in the first few episodes, and in particular most of the acting was pretty cheesy, but it really has its heart in the right place and it was paced really well. I don't know if enjoyed it was the right word, but I'm glad it's out there.

Fargo (Season 3 Premier) - Everything looked good & production is on point, but I was left feeling meh about it sadly. The premise that sets things into motion is pretty ridiculous even by Fargo standards.

I'm sorry, Ray's plan to steal his stamp back from his brother is wack. Who's the first person his brother is going to accuse? c'mon. Ofcourse all kinds of hijinx ensue.I know, I know...it's TV...

None of the characters are all that interesting really. Some Lebowski/Arizona vibes to this one.

5 yahs/10

all that talk of s02 of expanse being deece made me want to try it again after ditching it mid-season last time. but omg, i know remember why i ditched it. the aforementioned criticisms are spot on, it's just sooo fucking dull and lifeless when it comes to dialogue and characterization. there's definitely some good stuff in it due to interesting and properly developed backstory and world building, that trilateral conflict keeps things interesting, and production wise it's fine (though, better when it comes to CGI and lesser when it comes to interiors and costumes and such). it's like a burger with buns made of paper, you have to chew through all those fucking scenes of bored looking actors reading their lines passionlessly to get to some meat.

nail on head

I'll still get round to watching season 2 like a dolt anyway

Aww... I thought the Fargo season premiere was q good.

What was up with Hawley using the Erhmantraut name from Better Call Saul/BB fame? C'mon Hawley...

Edited by olo

Watching Fargo S3 Ep.1 tonight. I also think I'm gonna rewatch The League of Gentlemen in anticipation for possibly moving to rural England. 

LoG is p accurate

I recommend Monkey Dust for an insight into the more urban life of England is well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjAxivgRSmM

thought Fargo was great, Ewan's accent can use some work. I wonder if there will be any connection to past seasons.

Right?! The guy is a good actor and all but why the fuck does he get so many roles as Americans? His accent is always terrible. 

oh yeah, i like it a lot, it really does seem like they can do and go pretty much everywhere with it by this point, but there's a strong dramatic heart supported by great acting in it that really pins it down. was very happy to see that coon woman in fargo as well, she's really good.

Is anyone doing The Leftovers on HBO? Never in my life have I seen a show flip the script across its seasons in my whole life. It's only getting wilder now that the final season is underway

I fucking love this show so much. It got a million times better once they ran out of source material, too. And yeah, Carrie Coon is amazing.

protect ya neck

well it's trash, a poorly paced and heavy handed allegory about dangers of fascism and patriarchy (wow, how important and innovative!) with constant, phony, over-dramatized misery that drags on and on with lots of slowly bowed cellos and slow mos. it's like the idea was to completely distill this banal allegory/cautionary tale exercise from any kind of plausible world-building. it could be sort of interesting and more believable if they made the main character actually susceptible to that tyrannical social order and show her gradual submission (some review mentioned that it's how it was in the novel), but they fucking kept her immune and turned her into this predictable and tropey freedom fighter-in-development that mentally transcends her situation.