IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

4 episodes into the Handmaids Tale & its a class act

Elizabeth Moss is superb & the tone is as nuanced as anything else lauded over from the last couple of decade's worth of US telly

Ann Dowd also shines as the uber-cunt midwife come gestapo-type, a face that beams love but that can switch to psychopathic in a heartbeat

Between THT and Leftovers, Ann Dowd is my new favorite Margo Martindale

rick and morty - i watched one episode and it's pretty close to unwatchable. doesn't look good, voice acting bad, jokes that i don't care about (cartoon marriage on the ropes etc). everyone and their spectrum brother seems to rave about this one (often a bad sign) and my fears were confirmed. it's probably one "you just have to get into" but I'm not going to do that when rewatching space ghost is better than most television. especially "indie" TV. or oh my god that new hulu category of "edgy animation" chinesus clist that's stupid.

You used to be such a nice boy.

Starting to go through the new MST3K on Netflix. I'm very much enjoying it so far. Having the new characters and voices was a bit off-putting at first, but I warmed up to it. It seems like the pace is faster with a lot more jokes crammed in.

Couldn't get into this either. The first episode was just limp dick for me. Did it get better after that?

I wanna watch Atlanta and Handmaid's Tale but I don't have cable or Hulu and I don't feel like hunting for sketchy streaming sites.

Watch 'Time Travelers.' If you don't like that one, you won't like any of them.

rick and morty is terrible

i can barely sit still in a room near it

some good concepts but mainly it's worse than king of the hill or that elk. fuck it.

lol

///

anyone watching Fargo S03? Hadn't even realized there's a new season until recently.

The new main bad guy is quite fantastic, but not feeling this season as strongly as season 2, so far..

Edited by Guest

American Gods - Very impressive first two episodes. No idea what the fucks going on but I like it. And hot diggity dang, the cgi on this muthafcka!! This is a lesson on how to great cgi for every other motherfucker out there. Damn.

lol

///

anyone watching Fargo S03? Hadn't even realized there's a new season until recently.

The new main bad guy is quite fantastic, but not feeling this season as strongly as season 2, so far..

david thewlis? it's all a little on the nose. there's something comforting about this show, the setting and fairy tale quality to it, but i can't shake the feeling that there's nothing to it beyond the style, which doesn't seem to be founded in any overarching purpose or aesthetic. watching legion felt similar. like, it's cool that a tv show is so visual, but why is this happening and why is a simplistic story being conveyed in such a convoluted and obscure way? the most recent ep for instance. why the peter and wolf thing at the beginning? i mean, i know why. but on a deeper level, what's the point? it won't carry over to the next episode. i feel like the showrunner is just trying to show us how visual and fluent he is in film language. well i get it dude, just stick to the story. the coens did.

if the Coens had to stretch a movie out over 10 hours or whatever they'd do more than just stick to the story, in fact, as it is they tend to cram in at least one totally unnecessary visual sequence per movie (not that I'm complaining, the bowling dream from lebowski is great for example).

Edited by caze

yeah David Thewlis.. think I haven't seen anything else with him, enjoying all his stuff in Fargo..

but yeah, it's like someone keeps having these little ’creative ideas' and someone else goes 'heh neat, let's definitely put this in there too', and it's a bit unfocused and over indulged.. the set pieces kind of work in themselves, but the episodes almost fall apart.. odd! still, mostly enjoyable overall.

you've never seen anything with Thewlis in it? (he's in Lebowski for one). You need to check out Mike Leigh's Naked, Thewlis is amazing in that, great film.

if the Coens had to stretch a movie out over 10 hours or whatever they'd do more than just stick to the story, in fact, as it is they tend to cram in at least one totally unnecessary visual sequence per movie (not that I'm complaining, the bowling dream from lebowski is great for example).

nah, they're rarely as indulgent as this show. fargo in particular is a pretty restrained work, so is no country. lebowski is one of their loosest most indulgent movies. and when they go crazy, there always seems to be a reason. with this show it's just random elaborate sequences that serve no real purpose and don't really strengthen the show or feel consistent in any way. but that seems to be this guy's style, legion is the same. maybe worse actually.

i like the show though. it's consistently entertaining, high quality tv, but it's also totally empty.

I can't get enough of Berserk. There has been so much backlash over the new series because of the CG, but I don't think it looks bad at all. I'm glad to finally see the anime continue. I went back and watched the 1997 series and the 3 movies, and I can see why people would be upset in comparison, but I'm into it. Anyone else watching the new Berserk?

I can't get enough of Berserk. There has been so much backlash over the new series because of the CG, but I don't think it looks bad at all. I'm glad to finally see the anime continue. I went back and watched the 1997 series and the 3 movies, and I can see why people would be upset in comparison, but I'm into it. Anyone else watching the new Berserk?

I watched the new version where they basically recap half of the first series. Did they add another one?

I used to collect the manga after watching the original anime, but they took forever to come out and were kind of expensive.

There's a new series that continues after the eclipse of the first series. It's currently up to 20 episodes. Did you see the movies or the first season of this new series?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk