IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Finished Fargo S3. Had some great moments, but just not quite up there with 1 and 2. But 1 and 2 were brilliant. Varga was one of the most repulsive characters I've witnessed in fiction. Had to look away a few times when he was on screen. The main two cops were sweet and the scene where the faucet turned on for the main one was unexpectedly touching. But yeah, overall it didn't seem to come together and add up to more than its parts. 

The main theme of truth being simply a malleable tool for those that are capable and willing to use it that way is nauseatingly relevant.

Watching 'House of Cards' currently. 

Really I just like watching Kevin Spacey do his best impression of Colonel Sanders and FDR. That and because my GF doesn't understand USA politics in the least, it provides a good vent for after work so I can go brain-dead for a while before dragging my anxieties into her life. 

8/10 political dramablabamlba 

manhunt: unabomber - very poor, unimaginative and cliched as hell tv, but the topic of text analysis itself and its integration into investigative work is pretty interesting, so i'm sticking with it for now.

Finished Fargo S3. Had some great moments, but just not quite up there with 1 and 2. But 1 and 2 were brilliant. Varga was one of the most repulsive characters I've witnessed in fiction. Had to look away a few times when he was on screen. The main two cops were sweet and the scene where the faucet turned on for the main one was unexpectedly touching. But yeah, overall it didn't seem to come together and add up to more than its parts. 

The main theme of truth being simply a malleable tool for those that are capable and willing to use it that way is nauseatingly relevant.

I really loved season 3. It got surprisingly spooky, and yeah V.M. Varga was unstoppably evil and just WTF. The parallels between this and current events rang true to the point where it was scary and really kicked it up a notch. 

I really loved season 3. It got surprisingly spooky, and yeah V.M. Varga was unstoppably evil and just WTF. The parallels between this and current events rang true to the point where it was scary and really kicked it up a notch. 

Yeah, the height of the spookiness (and also one of the best eps) for me was the bus crash/woods/hunting episode. Was definitely venturing into straight thriller/horror territory which is new for the series.

love that track so much. It's one of their biggest and used all over the place but it never gets old. Can is just the fucking best

Can is awesome but this is probably my least favorite track on the album, and The Get Down played it so much that it was actually starting to get on my nerves.

that is the only can track anyone ever uses in media

Wow. Never heard Can in any soundtrack before. Living under a rock I guess. Don't watch many movies nowadays.

Lots of Can in Morvern Callar

Edited by kichiguy

Still watching Preacher. Pretty entertaining. Last nights episode would probably piss a lot of Christian folk off. If any watchdogs caught it, I would imagine they'd want the show pulled from TV. 

hahaha nailed it

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1695490/people-are-mad-about-the-vile-jesus-sex-scene-on-amcs-preacher

the first ep of the deuce is out, david simon's new big budget hbo thing. and the first thing that bothers me about it is why even set the whole thing in the 70's. if the driving idea is to explore prostitution as an institution then why go 45 years back? is there really not enough material to work with for a script with today's prostitution business? i doubt it. and although they make conscious effort to de-glamorize the whole setting, the effect is still the same. that 70's brown and gritty criminal seediness, the sleaze of the prostitution business, the music, the sound, the painstaking production design (for which there will probably be a dedicated segment in the upcoming blu-ray with talking heads explaining how much effort was made to recreate the era convincingly and all that blabla) and the showy wide angle shots of 70's cgi new york are pushed to the forefront, it's the main axis of attraction of the show, and i'd say it goes at the expense of the actual exploration of prostitution and is somewhat of a distraction.

with that said, the first ep is quite engrossing overall, it's piloty and full of exposition and jumping from one character to the next a lot, but it does suck you pretty much from the start with the dialogue and the feel of the city of that era. the idea of double james franco is of course pretty stupid, but the whole thing is based on a real events and people (i think) and it's seen as a good attraction so it was inevitable i guess. the two core tension building bits based on his moral ruminations/cowardice ("will he find his courage and do the right thing or not?!?!") were pretty dumb dramatically, i expect something sharper from simon. the gyllenhaal bits were really good. it does seem like a high quality show in general, the writing usually manages to outsmart and not to snap onto a trope, so im in.

but it does suck you pretty much from the start

Sounds great! Will definitely watch it. Edited by Gocab

the first ep of the deuce is out, david simon's new big budget hbo thing. and the first thing that bothers me about it is why even set the whole thing in the 70's. if the driving idea is to explore prostitution as an institution then why go 45 years back? is there really not enough material to work with for a script with today's prostitution business? i doubt it. and although they make conscious effort to de-glamorize the whole setting, the effect is still the same. that 70's brown and gritty criminal seediness, the sleaze of the prostitution business, the music, the sound, the painstaking production design (for which there will probably be a dedicated segment in the upcoming blu-ray with talking heads explaining how much effort was made to recreate the era convincingly and all that blabla) and the showy wide angle shots of 70's cgi new york are pushed to the forefront, it's the main axis of attraction of the show, and i'd say it goes at the expense of the actual exploration of prostitution and is somewhat of a distraction.

with that said, the first ep is quite engrossing overall, it's piloty and full of exposition and jumping from one character to the next a lot, but it does suck you pretty much from the start with the dialogue and the feel of the city of that era. the idea of double james franco is of course pretty stupid, but the whole thing is based on a real events and people (i think) and it's seen as a good attraction so it was inevitable i guess. the two core tension building bits based on his moral ruminations/cowardice ("will he find his courage and do the right thing or not?!?!") were pretty dumb dramatically, i expect something sharper from simon. the gyllenhaal bits were really good. it does seem like a high quality show in general, the writing usually manages to outsmart and not to snap onto a trope, so im in.

Did you like Treme?

This character pretty much made it unwatchable for me, without him I probably would've endured past the first handful of episodes.

9ekU2sJ.jpg

Edited by Gocab

watching the leftovers. it's hokey but i kind of like the stephen king vibe of the thing. i'm expecting it to go completely off the rails though, this being a lindelof joint.

season 1 is the worst season and it's still got some incredible episodes of television. against all odds, that show improved with every season, to the point that it's probably one of my top 5 or 10 favorite shows of all time.