IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Finished Big Little Lies last night on HBO. Just 7 episodes so it's an easy one to binge watch or take a chance on over a few nights.

Hard to care in any way about a bunch of super rich twats.

ahhhh yess the dumbest argument ever

Yeah if it involves murder and mystery who fucking cares.(one of the "twats" isn't rich at all btw, in fact the class issue thing is brought up a lot) It's not season 1 of Girls FFS, and besides the rich bitch characters are to add catfight drama fluff. Hell I'm pretty sure they just wanted an excuse to film in and around Monterrey. 

I'll gladly rail against subtle upper middle class fantasy bullshit that spews out of most sitcoms (Modern Family for example) but c'mon dude, that's a ridiculous reason to not check out a miniseries. That's like saying I'm not going to watch the Sopranos or The Wire because it's "hard to care about criminals"

Just watched all of Freaks & Geeks again, forgot how good this show was / how awful Neal was, but overall just an incredible exploration of the American public high school experience that goes out of its way to humanize even its most tertiary characters. Gut-bustingly funny to boot. Wish any of these guys' later works were as good (including Apatow, ugh).

I'd guess that without the huge stars it wouldn't have got any views. Made me think of trashy dynasty Dallas days of out lives soaps carried solely by stardom.

Nah, people watch that stuff still, practically forms like half of Bravo TV's programming.

I get where you are coming from in terms of apathy though, fair enough.

I'd guess that without the huge stars it wouldn't have got any views. Made me think of trashy dynasty Dallas days of out lives soaps carried solely by stardom.

it wasn't really that at all but ok. 

Mr. Robot s03. Still quality. Love the way they use music, both incidental and soundtrack.

S03e01 was weird as fuck too, in that twin peaks good sort of weird but unsettling at the same time.

oh man, I have that on VHS somewhere.

Edited by Gocab

The Maxx

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112065/

very WOWish!..

oh man, I have that on VHS somewhere.

me too thanks

still love it

The comics are good too, if you like the cartoon definitely read them as well. I dunno where it went after about issue 30 though, I think they ended up killing the run soon after I lost it. The cartoon follows the comics surprisingly closely, I remember how strange it was to see the panels and dialogue so often (most often? almost always?) directly ported to animation. A little clunky if I remember right, though it's been probably 10 years since I rewatched it too. Also on the VHS :)

who gives a shit about political satire

armando ianucci, and therefore, me. 

i dont give a shit about american horror story though.

Edited by messiaen

Just about to start the third episode of the new Stranger Things.  Pretty good so far. Visual effect are way better this time around, but the music isn't as good. Not bad, but so far not memorable.  Everything else is really solid as a sequel and I'm enjoying it. Definitely wouldn't stand on its own without the first one, but that's fine.