IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

babylon berlin is lush.

still very good.

it's a funny mix of verhoeven's black book, moulin rouge, noir and netflix. the main characters are slippery and multi-thronged and are interesting to follow. in the background are the commie and (soon to be) nazi forces working to reshape germany of that era, the latter, the creeping militarism and nationalism and the spaces it fills is especially well portrayed. the commie thing is a little sillier, especially the invincible kardakov. it leans more towards pulp than towards serious, historical beardstroking and realistic and sophisticated screenwriting, but it does deliver all the necessary goods when it comes to providing the former. the production, the visuals and sounds, the acting, it's all terrific.

and of course it goes fucking stupid in season 2, aping the worst high end american tv moves and cliches. just can't win with this shit nowadays.

Tried to watch the new X-men show "Legion" but it immediately lost me when the scene in which the "dream-builder" mutant performed telepathic communication on a broken reel to reel to find clues about the protagonist. It expects the viewer to believe that the reel-to-reel had a brain and eyes and witnessed what happened in the room before being smashed to pieces. I couldn't suspend my disbelief on that one and stopped watching. In addition to that, the show relies heavily on stealing storyline elements from Inception, Mr. Robot (most notably Mr. Robot) and 12 Monkeys and characters themselves are very flat and uninteresting for the most part. I felt like the director was trying to make the lead character sympathetic, but he comes off as overwhelmingly narcissistic and having a god delusion (goes with the schizophrenia diagnosis at least).

It's getting more difficult to find anything worth investing the time into watching anymore. :(

Heh, I thought Legion was decent, they had some fun with the concept and took it pretty far out there. Superhero stuff is straight up nonsense and suspension of disbelief anyway, so little things like that didn't bother me much.

Tried to watch the new X-men show "Legion" but it immediately lost me when the scene in which the "dream-builder" mutant performed telepathic communication on a broken reel to reel to find clues about the protagonist. It expects the viewer to believe that the reel-to-reel had a brain and eyes and witnessed what happened in the room before being smashed to pieces. I couldn't suspend my disbelief on that one and stopped watching. In addition to that, the show relies heavily on stealing storyline elements from Inception, Mr. Robot (most notably Mr. Robot) and 12 Monkeys and characters themselves are very flat and uninteresting for the most part. I felt like the director was trying to make the lead character sympathetic, but he comes off as overwhelmingly narcissistic and having a god delusion (goes with the schizophrenia diagnosis at least).

It's getting more difficult to find anything worth investing the time into watching anymore. :(

Heh, I thought Legion was decent, they had some fun with the concept and took it pretty far out there. Superhero stuff is straight up nonsense and suspension of disbelief anyway, so little things like that didn't bother me much.

although it starts pretty ok, at the end of the series, when they have a fight/war, it gets pretty superhero silly... lets see where the second season takes us, but it's better to keep my hopes down...

i remember having a huge urge to re-watch the first episodes but when i did it i actually lost interest...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Watched the episode "San Junipero" of Black Mirror with my conservative (in some ways) family and it was a bit awkward. It's the episode that centers on a lesbian relationship. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I watched it alone. Thought the set design was quite cool, like a lot of Black Mirror.

Channel Zero: Butchers Block - Not too bad for the SyFy channel. Some creepy moments for "TV horror". Elements are borrowed from other films many would know, but with it's own spin. What American Horror Story should be as an anthology "horror" series. And no Evan Peters is an added bonus.

I'm down/10

Edited by olo

s03 of inside no. 9 is so fucking gooooood, best thing on tv right now!!! not just imho. take that!

ep3 is so twisted and ep4 is funny as hell, so well written and rich.

s03 of inside no. 9 is so fucking gooooood, best thing on tv right now!!! not just imho. take that!

ep3 is so twisted and ep4 is funny as hell, so well written and rich.

I find that show a bit hit and miss. When it hits it's great. Reece Shearsmith is great.

Season 2.2 probably my fave of what I have seen.

i felt the same in the 1st 2 seasons... have you seen the 3rd season? i'm only missing the final episode, the first 5 were all very good but 3 and 4 really stand out, at least for me... apparently there's already a 4th season... they're both really versatile actors... sometimes the episodes start and i don't even recognise them, the makeup characterization is also top notch...

Ive seen bits of all 4 seasons. Depending whether im on netflix or iPlayer and which one grabs me at the time.

Need to watch psychoville too. Ive only seen one episode which was kind of hitchcocks rope style.

Never really got into League of Gentlemen though. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Reese Shearsmith is also great in vic and bobs Catterick series.

And in serious role as a wife killer (true story) called the widower.

I would elaborate a little about my love for Reece Shearsmith but am typing on my phone while dealing with a customer at work (on the phone)

i loved him in a field in england but maybe that's because i also loved the movie, i think i'd never seen him before on anything... yeah i'm l8 to the show...

Need to see a field in England. Ben Wheatley was on an amazing run until high rise which I had to turn off :(

yeah no doubt, don't even try to watch his latest free fire... what a pile of utter... 

until a field in england, although i didn't really liked sightseers:

MV5BMTMyMDAxODIyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg5

after...

220px-Ben_Wheatley_%28cropped%29.jpg

i just quit brooklyn 99, i guess it stands up there with the past material but i must have grown bitter or something, i don't find it funny anymore, i actually find it despicable and annoying... don't know how last year i had such good laughs with this show...

i also loved the 1st 2 seasons of bojack horseman but right now it's getting so dramatic that i don't find any enjoyment at all in watching it... did i grew up or something? shit, is this what's like being old?

i also couldn't stand vice principals 2nd season, had mixed feeling with the 1st season but could't keep up with this new one...

anyone here seen UTOPIA??? i watched the 1st episode and it was quite entertaining but it seems like it's the kind of show that will go downhill in the future episodes...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/?ref_=nv_sr_1

really like that actor that's also featured in ben weathley's kill list...

anyone here seen UTOPIA??? i watched the 1st episode and it was quite entertaining but it seems like it's the kind of show that will go downhill in the future episodes...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/?ref_=nv_sr_1

really like that actor that's also featured in ben weathley's kill list...

I enjoyed Utopia. it didn't go downhill.