IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

anyone here seen UTOPIA??? i watched the 1st episode and it was quite entertaining but it seems like it's the kind of show that will go downhill in the future episodes...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/?ref_=nv_sr_1

really like that actor that's also featured in ben weathley's kill list...

I enjoyed Utopia. it didn't go downhill.

Both series of Utopia were fucking awesome.

+1 for Utopia! Loved the soundtrack too. I was a little gutted when it was cancelled but I could see it going downhill a bit after season 2.

Finished Altered Carbon. It was alright, totally agree the sister subplot was garbage. I don't mind hammy acting/writing with gore and nudity, would have made for a fun pulp cyberpunk detective show or something. Instead it couldn't really sit on a theme - pulp detective, introspective cyberpunk, low budget sci-fi shot in some forest. A mess overall but the ideas were interesting enough to keep me coming back.

The Utopia guy is doing a TV version of Iain Banks' Consider Phlebas for Amazon. One of his more straightforward actioney space opera works, so should be pretty straightforward to adapt. It has some epic cinematic sequences in there, can't wait to see how they turn out. Banks himself really wanted someone to make a movie out of it, I think the only attempt anyone made to do anything before was a Luc Besson helmed Player of Games which never got off the ground.

David Fincher was supposed to remake Utopia at one point too, but nothing seemed to come of that.

I love the concept of The Expanse.

I love the sound design in The Expanse.

I love the dialogue in The Expanse.

I love the acting in The Expanse.

Yes. The Expanse is pretty pretty good.

I'm going to watch another episode now because the whole of Ireland is on lockdown because of Storm Emma :D

I thought the acting and dialogue of Expanse was pretty bad, but overall an excellent show.. Pour yourself a drink and enjoy, my dude, the snow and wind is gonna be around for a while.

I thought the acting and dialogue of Expanse was pretty bad, but overall an excellent show.. Pour yourself a drink and enjoy, my dude, the snow and wind is gonna be around for a while.

hmm, I've been sucked into The Expanse world so now I love even the bad bits like some odd Avasarala scenes. apple and cinnamon tea poured and ready. Commence Expanse binge :)

Also I'm writing some short sci-fi stories at the moment based in the future when we are colonising the solar system (started them before i started watching The Expanse) so it's like research

You could do a lot worse for research, the setting and concepts are excellent and well grounded, and the whole plot is guided by the rules of the future it depicts. Definitely the best sci-fi show in a long time imho.

Yeah, the acting is pretty bad but I still like it.

:)

You could do a lot worse for research, the setting and concepts are excellent and well grounded, and the whole plot is guided by the rules of the future it depicts. Definitely the best sci-fi show in a long time imho.

damn! just ran out of episodes to watch, got to the end of season 2, season 3 not out yet.

maybe just as well... time to do something productive :)

WACO first episode was interesting,but i,ve seen every actor in this in some other series,and i dunno why but its really distracting me,think i,ll carry on tho, gave ALTERED CARBON a try,interesting idea about the elite super wealthy being pretty much immortal,but its one dumb cliche` after another,and the acting isn,t stellar either,shame

WACO first episode was interesting,but i,ve seen every actor in this in some other series,and i dunno why but its really distracting me,think i,ll carry on tho, gave ALTERED CARBON a try,interesting idea about the elite super wealthy being pretty much immortal,but its one dumb cliche` after another,and the acting isn,t stellar either,shame

I was really disappointed with the lead in Altered Carbon... he’s got two expressions and they’re both different variations on a plank of wood. Ortega is great though, and kept me watching.

I don’t know why they didn’t just have Byron Mann play Kovacs the whole time. Or Tahmoh Penikett - he’s worthy of so much more than the bit part he got.

Think I'm gonna give Altered Carbon a go and hope for the best. Finished House of Cards, not the greatest season but I don't see how they can easily write the next one without Spacey in it.

Gave up on American Horror Story latest season. Don't know what kept me watching but after what's happened this time I cannot possibly go back to it.

Altered Carbon looks really nice, and the action scenes are decent, lead actor guy could indeed be replaced by a muscular plank, it's filled with tropes and terrible dialogue/exposition. There are some fun ideas in there along with a lot of junk. Still anything sci-fi/cyberpunk/blade runner-ish automatically gets + 4 points. If this was a regular crime show it would be a 2/10, since it's not it gets a 6/10 just for scratching that itch.

Edit: adjusted my brain fart number bonus and rating

Edited by Gocab

Watched all of Mozart in the Jungle S.4 today with the wife.

I am obsessed with Lola Kirke's breasts.

They are astonishing.

I can't stop watching them.

I have no idea what else happened.

Watched all of Mozart in the Jungle S.4 today with the wife.

I am obsessed with Lola Kirke's breasts.

They are astonishing.

I can't stop watching them.

I have no idea what else happened.

Ditto but + her friend who opens the speakeasy. I think I like her even more. Dear lord.

Gael Garcia Bernal is also on the list of men I would absolutely switch teams for. Bernal himself though, not Rodrigo - too high maintenance.

Watched Manhunt: Unabomber. Got better as it went along. The bombing scenes were unexpectedly graphic, which I guess serves as a counter balance to any accusations of garnering sympathy for the guy. The episode about his formative years was pretty cool. Still, Mindhunter mined similar subject matter in a far more interesting way, and with better acting.

You saw them in boardwalk empire

Waco 7/10

Trying to plough through Altered Carbon at the moment. The first episode was promising, but it's been an uphill struggle ever since: too much cliché and virtue signalling for my taste

baskets  s03 - keeps up with the last season, not the kind of laughing out loud show but it's damn fun and kind of dramatic all in one...

ash vs evil dead s2 - 1st episode was pretty entertaining, didn't thought i would enjoy it as much as i actually did... the high school scene with the bleeding tiger costume was pretty cool and the harp sliced face also had top notch special fx :thumbsup:

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON