IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Atlanta's choice of showing individual stories this series was a wicked move....was Paper-Boy's Mum a ghost or a dream or just a random call in while dozing? Either way, the mix of farce, satire, tension (that stanley blade), relationship stress, music, gummy bear face-melts, Darius dropping philosophy/pasta, humid steamy shady woods etc = good shit

The Terror - couldnt give a fuck about the creature/craythur effects, the cast & story were strong enough to carry it thru. The shifting angles of the ship getting pushed out of position stuck in the ice added a warped sense to the unfolding chaos. Plus that ending. Really well adapted, maybe Lady Silence's role wasnt quite as developed, but small elements in a grand piece of story telling

Atlanta's wicked although it makes me want to just drive around smoking blunts all day whilst saying the n-word a lot.

Tuned in tonight all psyched for the final of University Challenge and realised it was a repeat, fwp incarnate

Final's tomorrow though so not long to wait. Makes me feel smart and stupid simultaneously; smart when I get something right and thick as fuck the rest of the time. Always feel slightly biased in favour of non-Oxbridge teams, some kind of reverse snobbery at work, oh well

i used to love the young ones so much when i was 14 odd. its one of those programs where i remember vividly how exciting and unique seeing the advert made me feel. i watched it again a couple of years ago and its absolutely ridiculous. rip big rik. 

Ash vs Evil Dead Series finale - Gave me blue balls. Set up for a fun season 4. But alas, supposedly Campbell has retired ashy slashy for good.

i used to love the young ones so much when i was 14 odd. its one of those programs where i remember vividly how exciting and unique seeing the advert made me feel. i watched it again a couple of years ago and its absolutely ridiculous. rip big rik.

yeah it hasn't aged well at all.

bottom faired better, still great.

Just watched the last couple of Barry episodes, really fucking good. great premise, fantastic execution, even the bit players are nailing their characterisations, everyone has a story. mostly just filled with genuine lols tho,

...like the future kids teleport bit.

Handmaid's Tale.

Pretty good for the most part. I read the book about 10 years ago, not Atwood's best imo.

It feels a little bit like the flipside of the 'this is the future liberals want' mentality. Horror fantasy for people with septum piercings who spend all their time on leftbook groups.

6 episodes in.

Was interesting to read the book was originally inspired by the Iranian revolution and Reagan's America.

yeah it hasn't aged well at all.

bottom faired better, still great.

PopularPlainHummingbird-max-1mb.gif

Semi-binged through the Netflix reboot of Lost In Space pretty quickly, not bad... Nothing too deep, but pretty fun watch, decent acting, and Molly Parker has kinda a MILFy attractiveness.

Legion was well trippy last night. Very much enjoyed. Naked Aubrey Plaza was a bonus.  :wub:

wtf, this is a portuguese beer, but they swapped the brand's name with cerveja which means beer translated to english:

post-155-0-69483500-1525299724.jpg

cerveja-sagres-garrafa-33cl.jpg

post-155-0-69483500-1525299724_thumb.jpg

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

obviously just avoiding product placement. ive not noticed any in legion. im incredibly oblivious to product placement at the best of times though. 

The Looming Tower - pro's & cons, excellent at reincorporating OBL footage into a dramatic production, the individual stories of certain key & minor players (the kid in the boat ffs, that was hard to watch), blended with clunky inter-agency rivalry plot-lines which could be retold with a lot more heft

Jeff Daniels is good, its more nuanced than fkn Homeland, eg: how recruits are/were derived from US militaristic misadventures & the introduction of Mohamed Atta brought the focus right in, but it can meander & chunks come across like national confession-box hand wringing when the lessons clearly havent been learned

I had no idea they made it into a tv series. Book is great.

MV5BMzZlYzFkMGYtZmE1Ni00MWFkLTkxNzYtZTc3

hey, this was actually really enjoyable. it's cheesy as hell and don't expect any good martial arts choreography- but it's like a really dumb dreamwave movie staring the karate kid and his nemsis (forget his name)- in present day los angeles (burbank). there's even a scene where the guy (the nemsis) is watching iron eagle. c'mon man- i think that's the part where i said: no more beer, i'm switching to bourbon.

yup. it's dumb. it's FREE on youtube. and it's karate kid. anyone remember bmx bikes and just how important those things were? you owe yourself this if you know what i mean.

also episode 2 is free but haven't watch that yet. 

p.s. least favorite actor so far is daniel larusso. he's kind of annoying. 

also gotta mention- it has a strange drive-in quality movie to it. that cheap 2 movies for 1 deal with a very over processed color palette. recommended for the eyeballs if they like cheese

It is really quite fun. Unfortunately in the UK there's no Youtube Red subscription (and thus no free trial); having to shell out £1.89 per episode brings the series to £15.

unfortunate and i totally agree. it's a really fun show. i'm honestly considering paying for youtube red to finish this show. sometimes i just want to have a good time watching something. shame the episodes are so short but maybe that's also a good thing

hope you find the full series as well and please keep me informed on your enjoyment (or dislike)