IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Sally4ever

Julia Davis can do no wrong

When I worked in a bookshop she coughed in my face without covering her mouth so I will not agree with this sentence.

Sally4ever

Julia Davis can do no wrong

When I worked in a bookshop she coughed in my face without covering her mouth so I will not agree with this sentence.

aka bohemian flirting

ep2 has lesbian tribadism (yeah had to google scissor frottage) & a mother-in-law side gag thats supreme

That's what it was?

The Haunting of Hill House - Kinda enjoyable fluff but one part of episode 5 got me good. I hope it picks up from here.

really looking fwd to s3 of True Detective.

I somehow got onto this Castlevania animated series from Nutflix and I'm enjoying it. highly spammable with just 25-min episodes. season 1 was just 4 episodes and felt a bit thin in some places but they're really making the most of the extra breathing room they've been given in season 2, there's a surprising amount of character study and depth of exposition that I would not have expected from a tentative series based on an old video game franchise. trust Warren Ellis. the weakest point is the animation though, the action sequences look like a damn slideshow at times, though somewhat improved in s2.

I never watched season 2 of TD - should I ?

if you're lukewarm on the show, prob not. it wasn't great. rushed and undercooked and didn't tie together all the multiple threads it had tightly enough. however, it had a TD feel and atmosphere, and some compelling characters, so I enjoyed it still.

I never watched season 2 of TD - should I ?

I wanted to like it, but I could not. Rachel McAdams is hot. I do remember that. 

But I rewatched season 1 a while ago and it's like, kinda classic. 

td2 is underrated 

it does try so hard to be serious and noir and profound and desperate and grimey...but because of this it has a clunky charm that i enjoyed

Edited by bendish

patriot s02 went completely off the rails ridiculous, and i think it's better that way. it feels much freer to fuck around with its characters in all kinds of absurd ways and doesn't feel needlessly emotionally heavy handed as before. it's still kinda moody, the charachters are ultimately people, but everything else is just completely absurd, farcical and very often hilarious (the investigation tactics of luxemburg male detective team are just flol).

A Dangerous Dynasty - BBC doc on Syria's Assad clan & recent history.

Not quite sure the subject focus is anywhere near tight enough, or critical enough, in terms of international relations. Mrs Assad Jr always gets the interpretative deferment pass, that because "she was a Londoner, she was, cough splutter, civilized", when anyone marrying into a middle-eastern ruling dynasty must surely have a whiff of the Lady Macbeth about them.

She smiles a lot for a tyrant's wife too.

thanks

Final episode of Parts Unknown was very somber, Tony kinda looks back on his life as he tours the Lower East Side of NYC. Mostly remembering the 70s; musicians, artists, drug dealers, & a few dives and eateries. A fitting end to the series and true to Bourdain's personality.

RIP

Final episode of Parts Unknown was very somber, Tony kinda looks back on his life as he tours the Lower East Side of NYC. Mostly remembering the 70s; musicians, artists, drug dealers, & a few dives and eateries. A fitting end to the series and true to Bourdain's personality.

RIP

Makes me sad all over again. A great series.  :catcry: