IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

5c4fc83f82b74.jpg

this has- so far been- pretty damn intriguing. especially if you know some of the history surrounding the black dahlia. 

chris pine is having the time of his life playing this role

Though the ancient Celts were probably pretty hardy as they were hunter gatherers. No feudal system where you had do get permission to hunt on the kings land.  

Neolithic (farming, ceramics, deposition & monuments) arrived in north-western Europe 4000BC + entirely feudal. Reason I watched Britannia was some of the main sources for the utter strangeness of European pre-history were the impressions it made in Roman historical sources - biographies, shrines, art, epigraphs & monuments. So despite bias factors, eg: civilised vs barbarian, the Roman record in Britain is one way to tease out traces of pagan traditions that the Romans sought to eradicate. They were still pretty spooked about invading, Caesar's 2 failed incursions were bad juju, the legionary mutiny scene during the tv intro is pretty accurate

If yer "into it" would recommended these, the first for the deeper chronology of practices (40,000BC onward), the 2nd for more general Neolithic to Iron Age contexts & traditions, then Sacred Britannia for the finale:

41IHBYihkFL._SX355_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

415Z8CQWV9L._SX369_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Get stuck in (also avoids clear Brexit analogies in tv series), besides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo

part II of arrested development s05 is out...

I have to admit, I started to watch season 4 a couple of years ago and had to quit after maybe 3 episodes. It wasn't happening.

part II of arrested development s05 is out...

I have to admit, I started to watch season 4 a couple of years ago and had to quit after maybe 3 episodes. It wasn't happening.

Am a huge fan but in hindsight they should have left it be. None of the Netflix stuff has been good at all.

did u guys tried watching s04 alternate version? the director re-edited it and instead of, different episodes focusing on a single character, it follows a chronologically order...

i felt the same in s04 and something that helped a lot was re-watch all the first 3 seasons in a binge and then go straight to s04 edited chronologically...

Had the same feeling about ad. It was weird seeing him drive a google street view car like it was some product placement

Edited by o00o

Love, Death + Robots. 

=D

I've just finished the first 'episode' - have high hopes for the other 17. 

I'll probably be lost in these various worlds for the rest of the night. 

Wooo!!!

5c4fc83f82b74.jpg

this has- so far been- pretty damn intriguing. especially if you know some of the history surrounding the black dahlia.

chris pine is having the time of his life playing this role

Same here.

Love, Death + Robots. 

=D

Wooo!!!

yeah watched the first 3 and i really liked it, some more than others obviously but tight shit nonetheless...

The 'adult' anime thing on Netflix is easily the best series they've put out so far. This is where movies are going imo. Actors will not longer be required.

what are u talking about? i don't have netflix... is it any exclusive content? Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Love, Death + Robots. 

=D

Wooo!!!

yeah watched the first 3 and i really liked it, some more than others obviously but tight shit nonetheless...

The 'adult' anime thing on Netflix is easily the best series they've put out so far. This is where movies are going imo. Actors will not longer be required.

what are u talking about? i don't have netflix... is it any exclusive content?

Love Death and Robots

I saw they're adding Farscape to ....Amazon Prime, I think it was? I just watched it all through about 3 years ago for the first time so don't feel the need to again right yet but I'd sure suggest it, fun and weird stuff. 

I saw they're adding Farscape to ....Amazon Prime, I think it was? I just watched it all through about 3 years ago for the first time so don't feel the need to again right yet but I'd sure suggest it, fun and weird stuff.

I’m a little scared of the HD render. Sure, they shot on 35mm, but like Babylon 5, all the CGI was lost or destroyed due to improper storage. Also if they change the aspect ratio like what happened with Buffy it’ll be unwatchable.

p16594935_b_v8_aaiqj50.jpg

disliked this a lot. basically it's just a mix of motion capture toons with either some big orc like creature yelling, some guy cursing, a little robot or whatever moving around and sex cyborg chicks walking around trying to calm the dude yelling. 

it also has a stupid title so maybe that should have been a hint

list_page_p10805684_b_v9_ab.jpg

i thought this was a remake of ikarie xb-1 as a lot is similar (except it's not anywhere near as good as that film) and there is a sub-narrative that has to do with those back on earth and how they're dealing with knowing the ones on the ship are 50 years into their destination. 

it does give away it's own plot by the 2nd episode (somewhat a shame) but i'm guessing because it was only meant to be a mini series had something to do with it. 

loved this show- but i think i only got to finish the first season or something. i remember someone telling me they killed of zhaan and i was like "okay, i have no interest" but then i watched one of those war episodes and i liked that pixie looking chiana girl but by then it was a few years later 

I’m a little scared of the HD render. Sure, they shot on 35mm, but like Babylon 5, all the CGI was lost or destroyed due to improper storage. Also if they change the aspect ratio like what happened with Buffy it’ll be unwatchable.

Didn't realize it was gonna be a redux or something, idk how that works but it sounds like it could be bad. They did a lot of practical effects and puppets/etc but there was def CG in there...fingers crossed there's some quality control.

loved this show- but i think i only got to finish the first season or something. i remember someone telling me they killed of zhaan and i was like "okay, i have no interest" but then i watched one of those war episodes and i liked that pixie looking chiana girl but by then it was a few years later 

I was worried when she left the show too, and I'm not saying every decision/character they brought in after was the best, but overall it was a fun ride. Didn't really show too many cracks 'til the last season imo. Some dodgy episodes here and there tho but overall worth watching, just pick it up on S2! 

Was someone here recommending Kiian Frequency? Or maybe it was a podcast and the Netflix show is a totally different thing? Because holy shit the latter is bad. It looks like a mid-aughts Flash animation and the writing and music are cringey as fuck. I was watching while folding laundry and when it got to the witches turning the kids into rats, I had to shut that shit down.

Season 2 of Atlanta was good. Especially the Barbershop episode.

Safe was alright but had one of the dumbest theme songs I've ever heard.

I wanna rewatch Aeon Flux, mostly because of auxien's avatar.

Edited by sweepstakes