IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Re: l d and r, started watching the first episode and it looked like a video game opening sequence ? Started watching the second one and fell asleep . Was watching it with my wife who wasn't into it which I'm sure didn't help ... may flick thru and check some of the ones u listed above . I am a big fincher fan for the most part so want to see what is up with it

lol yeah, i watched some of the first episode and just found myself looking for the "Skip Cutscene" button. probably worth another look at some point tho

ramy is very nice, a musulman's louie/atlanta, though maybe a bit lighter. both the lols and the drama hit well and the ethnic flavor is well integrated and not just for show.

Really enjoyed some of the Love Death and Robots shorts.

Black Summer frustrated the shit out of me... i guess it was made for people who have somehow never seen zombie stuff up until this point. There were some unique aspects that i appreciated but over all it just felt like a mid grade zombie movie that was too long. I guess i just want a WWZ miniseries already. there were soo many good ideas in that book :cattears:

Wrapped up true detective season 3 a few days ago and really enjoyed it. So much so that I actually kinda want to give season 2 a second chance. Would that be a mistake? I think I bailed after like 4 episodes.

Wrapped up true detective season 3 a few days ago and really enjoyed it. So much so that I actually kinda want to give season 2 a second chance. Would that be a mistake? I think I bailed after like 4 episodes.

As a whole it's very uneven, but Ray Velcoro's arc is excellent.

Just finished watching Maniac, really enjoyed it. Is there anything out there like this?

Started watching Russian Doll, looks promising.

Sadly not. MANIAC is one of a kind.

Russian Doll was a little disappointing for me, mainly because none of the characters seemed particularly two dimensional. I'd instead recommend Lady Dynamite and The Leftovers. Both are brilliant, but for completely different reasons.

Also I totally lost my shit over Westworld.

Maniac was quite good.

Gotta get on the s2-3 True Detective train before we have to pay for an extra month of HBO after Cersei ends up the last person alive in Westeros.

I actually liked Black Summer. There was some stuff I don't think they developed well but I thought it brought enough new to the table. The last episode was pretty confusing though.

Love, Death and Robots was super inconsistent. The whole time I was wondering what the prompts were: "show CGI genitals and make sure someone's hand gets severed," perhaps? Standouts were the first episode, which was great, and the second, which was stupid but its animation blew my mind. The one about the freezer was kind of funny too. I like that really short format, though, it felt like Aeon Flux or something. I hope they do a second season with a little more coherence and quality control.

First few episodes of Russian Doll were great but it petered out quickly after that... I think the whole Groundhog Day thing is hard to sustain without some seriously interesting shit going on.

I really liked Maniac too. It's been a while since I saw it but I remember that one petering out too.

f6636ac9e423423234597b4835bf983eafdd53c0

Cute AF but much like Aggretsuko there's this amount of personal life drama (work, late 20s l/ early 30s loneliness, etc) injected in levels that would be preposterous in just about any other seemingly kid oriented show. 

I can't seem to settle on tv programmes

Ditched Peaky Blinders (way too much doom and gloom and I don't mind a bit of doom and gloom!!) and Mad Men (why am I actually watching this horseshit??)

Half way through The Sinner, which is alright I suppose, I'll probably at least finish it because there's only 4 more episodes to go. Then maybe Better Call Saul as Breaking Bad was a 10/10. 

Edited by beerwolf

Half way through The Sinner, which is alright I suppose

It's great. Just make sure to never watch the second season! Avoid at all costs. It absolutely fails to conform to the intriguing set up of the first couple of episodes and becomes sooo lame and painful to watch. I don't even fucking understand why they made it. Maybe they just wanted a bit of that True Detective craze but it turned out to be a pile of horseshit. 

The only good thing about s2 is the boy's acting abilities. Bill Pullman acts as if he's constipated all the time. It was not so evident in s1 because the story was awesome. In s2 the story is shit.

Edited by Guest

Half way through The Sinner, which is alright I suppose

It's great. Just make sure to never watch the second season! Avoid at all costs. It absolutely fails to conform to the intriguing set up of the first couple of episodes and becomes sooo lame and painful to watch. I don't even fucking understand why they made it. Maybe they just wanted a bit of that True Detective craze but it turned out to be a pile of horseshit. 

The only good thing about s2 is the boy's acting abilities. Bill Pullman acts as if he's constipated all the time. It was not so evident in s1 because the story was awesome. In s2 the story is shit.

I'll take your advice and finish S1 then ditch it. 

Edited by beerwolf

yo it's beerwolf on the batphone to lickneonlights via watmm hq

just finished it (the sinner) it was pretty good, last 2 episodes definetly picked up the pace

glad I finished it

jessica biel is a sweetheart, and was the glue that held the whole thing together, Pullman also did a good job (looking wrecked and worse for wear)

beerwolf over and out!

watmm hq

lol

Pretty enraging plot holes in that finale tho eh

can't remember any... but I do remember I was on the edge of my seat while watching it which is a rare feeling these days. Maybe I'm just a sucker for mysteries and whodunnit stories.

i also enjoyed maniac but as someone already said, every idea has been done before, but it's so wacky that i didn't even care... but goddamn jonah hill can't act shit... he plays like what? 3 different characters in the induced dreams? he fails pretty hard at that...

Pretty enraging plot holes in that finale tho eh

Yes you're right I cant remember them, but at the time thinking there were quite a few huge gaping plot holes. There was a lot of random things that never really made sense.

I had one huge epic trippy nightmare the night I finished it. Proper 10/10

Edited by beerwolf

Binged season 1 of Happy! in one night. It was fun watching Christopher Meloni go pretty balls out with the violence and depravity after watching so much L&O SVU (shhh don't judge me). Just emotionally engaging enough to be interesting too. It felt kinda like a TV series version of El-P's Full Retard video.

i also enjoyed maniac but as someone already said, every idea has been done before, but it's so wacky that i didn't even care... but goddamn jonah hill can't act shit... he plays like what? 3 different characters in the induced dreams? he fails pretty hard at that...

I disagree, I thought Jonah was surprisingly good in this. It's my second fave role of his only after the crazy guy in Wolf of Wall Street. Really surprised with his recent stuff actually as until WOWS I thought he was crap too.

I disagree, I thought Jonah was surprisingly good in this. It's my second fave role of his only after the crazy guy in Wolf of Wall Street. Really surprised with his recent stuff actually as until WOWS I thought he was crap too.

he acts the same in all 3 characters... i mean, he plays a good paranoid depressed dude but then he's supposed to be a bad guy in his first shared dream and i couldn't tell the difference...