IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 5/21/2019 at 10:42 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The long in development Dark Crystal TV series will finally air on August 30 on Netflix.

IMG_4635.JPG

please lordy, dont let them fuxx this up.

23 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Who Is America, omfg this is hilarious! 

I liked it. Though it's definitely one of those shows with lots of highlights and lots of not... highlights.

catch 22 is not bad. it's flawed, due to numerous underdeveloped points, and mostly due to its adherence to war movies cliches and the overdramatizations which don't coexist well with the over the top absurdities that set the tone of the series, but there are things this show does very well and even innovatively. there's a certain ambience and rhythm to it, a constant repetition of the bombing runs-leisure-(very nice music and visuals)-overwritten banter full of absurdities (seemed like they were pulled right from the book)-almost looney tunes like attempts to escape and the ensuing frustrations due to failure to do so, and back to square one. that maddening frustration from the whole process was really well portrayed. the main character is interesting, a bit of an amoral weasel, but also a loyal friend and a professional in his craft who gradually disintegrates emotionally and psychologically. not a great performance by the dude, but decent enough to get the point across. that whole syndicate thing that infiltrates and subverts the war effort is another strong point, the actor who played the guy responsible did a good job in that case. so ultimately it's worth a watch.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:06 AM, iococoi said:

I tried watching the movie The Dark Crystal and had to stop after like 10 minutes because it was so wack

• Facepalm 1

rewatching the mist tv series on Netflix. Good, wish they did s second series. Compared to the rest of the absolute dross on Netflix. I mean, truly shit shows on there. 

Watched some outer limits from the 50's. David Lynch must have been totally influenced by that show as a kid. The first episode with the alien in the box. amazing. Outer limits leaves me feeling less molested than the twilight zone

On 5/21/2019 at 1:42 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The long in development Dark Crystal TV series will finally air on August 30 on Netflix.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:06 PM, iococoi said:

Binged watched Fleabag and I can't stop thinking about it. Haven't really had that feeling in a long time, an emotional high and even butterfly-esque feelings after watching a show or film that really resonated with you and left you wanting to talk about it and/or just immerse your self in thought alone. 

Edited by joshuatxuk

My GF and I binged Fleabag last week, and we both tremendously enjoyed it. Quite a surprise though, we barely had any expectations when we started to watch it. Great acting too, for instance I wanted to punch the stepmother every time she was on the screen.

2 hours ago, Nil said:

My GF and I binged Fleabag last week, and we both tremendously enjoyed it. Quite a surprise though, we barely had any expectations when we started to watch it. Great acting too, for instance I wanted to punch the stepmother every time she was on the screen.

Yeah that's a real testament to Colman's acting - she often plays very likable characters.

My wife suggested we watched it, not sure where she heard about it. She just concluded months of long work hours and we had newfound free time to watch it together. I heard a blurb about it on public radio by chance but otherwise no previous buzz. When I mentioned it to my coworker who saw it gave a enthusiastic approval.

Edited by joshuatxuk

Since I've been sick a lot recently, I've gone through several Netflix offerings.

Was skeptical about Tuca and Bertie, but ended up really enjoying it. Kind of a Regular Show with adult themes and problems. Hopefully there's a second season on the way.

I Think You Should Leave is mostly hilarious. Awkward situations and dialogue is its bread and butter, but I love the utterly absurd skits. The one with the dude honking his car horn all day and the guy that crashes the hotdog car are my favorites.

The Toast of London starts off a little rough, but gets quite good. I love the voice over reading scenes. Also, the makeup is remarkably good for a comedy show.

Two episodes into Chernobyl, excellent stuff imo; beautifully shot and scored

In terms of theme and vibe it's basically Tomorrow's Harvest: The Show

I didn't expect to like Fleabag because of the hype train but nope, it was brilliant and funny as fuck

I've been watching Altered Carbon on Netflix, fuck it's good so far! I really hope it doesn't jump the shark. This is how the film Mute should have been.

I tried watching Fleabag ages ago and could't get into it, I guess I'll try again but IDK. Chernobyl sounds P depressing so I'll save that for autumn perhaps. 

20 hours ago, Leon Sumbitches said:

Two episodes into Chernobyl, excellent stuff imo; beautifully shot and scored

In terms of theme and vibe it's basically Tomorrow's Harvest: The Show

Just watched the first episode last night; fuck me if this isn't sad and depressing, but amazingly shot. I was showing Mrs. Joyrex the Kid of Speed website (Chernobyl enthusiasts will know what I am referring to) and we were amazed at how accurate they got the exterior shots of the reactor building.

The bit where they had the emergency dispatch recordings with the Cyrillic text was straight up BOC