Npoess

What TV series are you watching at moment?

MV5BOWVlMDVhMjYtZjE0My00N2IzLWFiMjUtZTQz

this 2nd season has been just as good as the first- which has been a very pleasant (but welcome) surprise

On 4/29/2019 at 4:22 AM, olo said:

Season 2 is even crazier. 

Yeah, Happy season 2 seems like 14 year old me could be on the writing staff, dosed on shrooms and thinking up increasingly grotesque bodily fluid gags... and I love it for that. 

Unrelated: finally got started with Westworld. 

Posted (edited)

Watched season 2 of star trek discovery, by the 2 final episodes I had no idea of what was happening, it's just an endless barrage of techno babble and explosions. GG

Edited by Gocab

none of it made any sense, people really need to stop making time travel stories, they never make any sense.

9 hours ago, Gocab said:

Watched season 2 of star trek discovery, by the 2 final episodes I had no idea of what was happening, it's just an endless barrage of techno babble and explosions. GG

New (3rd or 4th) showrunner on deck for season 3. Wrote a couple of the stronger episodes of S2... Not optimistic but I’ll probably end up watching it anyway.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, Nebraska said:

episode 4 of twilight zone: see this guy's shit eating grin? that's how i feel like the "writers" were when they came up with the clumsy turd.

episode 5 of the twilight zone: this is thread right here? that was basically the episode. just rushed and not well written.

btw: there is a scene in the bar where john cho is boozing it up and david lynch's 'go get some' is playing in the background.

Metalocalypse, again, Dr Rockso, cawfee addiction, multiple fan deaths, full metal farce attaq as Spinal Tap was to rock (kinda), well, short blasts of fun if your time is stretched & youse loves thes metals

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Started watching Homecoming yesterday, half-way in, so far pretty good. Outstanding cinematography (I especially love the endings), good acting, and solid mystery. I hope all of it pays off in the end. A bit sick of seeing Bobby Cannavale play Bobby Cannavale ever again though, but who cares.

Edited by lickneonlights

Chromecast Home screen.

Posted (edited)

59051840_2321842108092120_70215650884441

Edited by Tim_J

Hurrah!  Love that show.

Billions. I think it used to be better....

I'm binging Rilakkuma and Kaoru, it's making me feel all warm and fuzzy. So cute, manbaby I am. Twee!

22 hours ago, Crossword Enthusiast said:

Billions. I think it used to be better....

the more ridiculous the plots get the better. it's quite shit, but in a very good way.

2 hours ago, caze said:

the more ridiculous the plots get the better. it's quite shit, but in a very good way.

This is true. Everyone is so reprehensible and cartoonish.

Posted (edited)

barry 2nd season - i loved how i was surprised by how funny it was in the 1st season but this 1st episode felt forced somehow... 2nd episode was pretty good, guess i needed to get used to it...  khruangbin in the ost was the icing on the cake... 

Edited by Tim_J

I dunno, lost my shit laughing several times in the first episode. mostly at hank, but also the bit where he's reliving his first kill, the difference between the recreation from the actors and what actually happened.

Posted (edited)

ep5 is where the shit gets really wild.

Edited by eugene

yeah it's quality i just wasn't in sync...

Posted (edited)

Started Babylon Berlin. First four episodes are pretty good. Looks stunning (but I always have a soft spot for 1920s styling anyway) and I love the way the main plot unfolds very slowly in what is nonetheless a cacophony of action.

Edited by rhmilo

Actually kinda enjoying Fear the Walking Dead.

Its a bit clumsy but series 1 had a few nice moments in a "shits gonna go down very soon but nobody knows when" kinda way.

Watching Barry - it's just ok 

30 Rock, it's not laugh a minute but it's still pretty solid. Lots of good improvised lines in there too.

22 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Started Babylon Berlin. First four episodes are pretty good. Looks stunning (but I always have a soft spot for 1920s styling anyway) and I love the way the main plot unfolds very slowly in what is nonetheless a cacophony of action.

It's so great. I cannot wait for s3. I have a Charlotte Ritter waifu pillow.

10 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Watching Barry - it's just ok 

There are some really good jokes in there but like most streaming stuff it's a bit too drawn out.