IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

9 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

Watched a few episodes of the first season, couldn't get past the cringe. The "lore" and pretentiousness were just too unbearable

Hmm. While I think that the show can get somewhat goofy at times, I don't remember any pretentiousness or cringe. IT does occasionally feel like I'm watching a low budget show, but that's part of the charm.
 IT's a pretty straightforward show. Though I haven't seen the first season in a while.  The most boring part of the whole show is the first few episodes now that I think about it.

Just watched Black Mirror S3E2 "Playtest" and this episode was fucking intense

This series is great and sometimes it really scares me.

Now I have to watch some dumb comedy shit to calm down.

Edited by Test Fforet

I watched Castle Rock, that Stephen King show. It wasn't very interesting, enough story for a movie perhaps, but drawn out to 10 episodes it's just a chore. 

Having just watched the season finale, skip this show, there is nothing of value here.

Edited by Gocab

I'm sure I'll love it, but I have to wait a couple of days.

tuca and bertie is amazing, i love how it gets completely absurd and surrealistic out of the blue... reminds me of anime, specifically masaaki yuasa... also the animation is beautiful and trippy... thanks to whoever recommended it... 

16 hours ago, Squee said:

Hoooooooly shit, Stranger Things is such a polished turd. It’s terrible but I can’t stop watching. 

It sure is taking its sweet time to do fucking anything.

The plot holes in Stranger Things 3 are ludicrous:

Spoiler

Russians build an entire military base hundreds of feet below the new mall in 9 months?

They broadcast top secret codes over HAM radio??

The detective work among the 3 parties was laughable

Why was the Terminator guy at the old Lab to attack Hopper anyway?

Why did they make David Harbour gain all that weight after he just buffed up for Hellboy?

Just started Stranger Things s3 too. I had to pause a few minutes in because it was soooo lame. The jokes / puns belong in a high school theatrical play, what a fucking cringe fest. I'm not sure whether that was intentional and post-ironic or just lazy writing. Some people said it gets better in the second half and the ending is heartbreaking, so I'll have to watch.

The same kid actor from Stranger Things who's in "IT" is a million times cooler in that movie. Kids in the 80's would NOT be so wholesome. Even in the 90's we were complete assholes. 

I just watched the Ali Boulala episode of Epicly Later'd and it hit me right in the feels in a way I did not anticipate.

I'm doing some skateboarding nostalgia lately because I found this youtube channel called Rad Rat Video where this nerdy nude does these historical deep dives into various skate personalities and topics and I enjoy it. 

On 7/5/2019 at 7:48 AM, Rubin Farr said:

It sure is taking its sweet time to do fucking anything.

I finally felt engaged in episode 4, the novelty of the well-executed 80s setting really wore off by season. Still got the second half to go. The Steve - Robin - Dustin side-plot is the only one that I find organic and fun on the surface level. The soviet stuff is super corny, I'd guess it's intentional exaggeration alluding to 80s cold war pop culture but that'd be giving the writers/producers way to much credit as satirist / homage makers.

13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Reveal hidden contents

Russians build an entire military base hundreds of feet below the new mall in 9 months?

They broadcast top secret codes over HAM radio??

The detective work among the 3 parties was laughable

Why was the Terminator guy at the old Lab to attack Hopper anyway?

Why did they make David Harbour gain all that weight after he just buffed up for Hellboy?

Spoiler

The fucking AKs in plain sight were so fucking dumb they really find viewers to be that fucking stupid. Or ever worse they were like "I know they'd have uzis or tech-9s, or M-16s but wouldn't it be cool if they had AK-47s! AND WALKMAN! AND NEW COKES!!! writers proceed to cum their pants in a 80s vintage aesthetic driven orgasm

also the fact that the Terminator guy didn't flat out kill Hopper is a joke, it would of been more plausible if Joyce shot the guy before he beat Hopper to death, assuming he was one of those hell dog things. the idea of some agent fleeing the scene and leaving a fucking law enforcement officer alive doesn't make any goddamn sense

Edited by joshuatxuk

ok stranger things s3 got a little better by ep4 I have to admit. still not sure why they made the first few minutes so lame and cringy.

12 hours ago, bendish said:

Too old to die young 

bloody well get on with it 

Well no-one can accuse him of not finding his signature style and running with it! 10 years on still beating the audience to death with that colour pallette and massive broody gaps between dialogues. Needs to introduce a Chris Tucker character or something

On 7/6/2019 at 9:15 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hmmm... spoiler tags don't work once they're quoted (in the editor). Time to file a bug report!

That aside, Stranger Things 3 was much better than series 2.

Yah, probably old age setting in but I really enjoyed S3. A lot. Feel like they actually corrected issues w/ pacing that plagued S1 + S2. (Of course, Twin Peaks S3 is prob my favorite thing ever so, in comparison, Stranger Things zips by like a balls to the wall non-stop action extravaganza). Ending was:

Spoiler

kind of a kick to the chest, in the best way possible. For a show which is (knowingly) playing on nostalgia, it's extra meaningful that Hopper's letter is as much a goodbye to nostalgia as it is to the character itself. As much as I'd like to see more, I kind of hope they end it here, as it was a perfect send off for the series as a whole.  

Anyone ever think it's kinda dumb when a character in a tv show or movie withholds vital information from the main character (usually anyway), or part of said info, which leads to a misunderstanding, and which would gave singlehandedly stop the climax of the movie from happening if the info hadn't been withheld.

Basically it's the writer choosing to withhold the info because it would screw up the plot, but 99.9% of the time if the scenario was happening IRL said info wouldn't be withheld. It happens so often in movies I don't even really think about it anymore, but really it's a pretty dumb plot device.

Edited by Brisbot