IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 7/16/2019 at 1:24 PM, milkface said:

Is Luther any good?

I thought season 1 & 2 were pretty good. It starts to get a little too unbelievable later on, and I found season 5 to be the least tense/most boring of all them. It's definitely one of those shows where you'll find yourself saying "c'mon...there's no way he could know that."

1 hour ago, zero said:

I thought season 1 & 2 were pretty good. It starts to get a little too unbelievable later on, and I found season 5 to be the least tense/most boring of all them. It's definitely one of those shows where you'll find yourself saying "c'mon...there's no way he could know that."

Agreed.

On 7/16/2019 at 7:31 PM, perunamuussi said:

If you like terrible plots, dismal scripts and Idris Elba's general lack of acting ability then yeah, it's ok.

Cheers, looks like I'll give it a miss then lol. Cheers for the other replies too

Edited by milkface

Does anyone else's country use IPTV?  They use it in the Middle East I've experienced, but haven't seen it anywhere else yet.  It's streaming cable; we had OSN, but the shitty ISP Mobily cut it off to our overseas location.  Here's the 411:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPTV

New Rick and Morty season 4 speak peak is not good. The fact that this is what they chose to use as a sneak peak is worrisome. I know they have more writers now so they can chug out episodes faster. And I won't be surprised if it shows.  Just comparing it to the first season it lacks that creativity. Like... an episode centered around creating apps....*groan*

But you know, there's no context to the clip so maybe it is better as a part of a whole.

Edited by Brisbot

5 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i tried aggretsuko and it's unbearable... couldn't get past the 2nd episode...

It can't be helped. I can understand why someone wouldn't like it. Part of the reason I like it is because I can relate to the characters. There are many "that is so true" moments.

Tried Tuca and Bertie?

Edited by Brisbot

yeah I did and loved it!

why did you dislike aggretsuko? Just the over the top humor? Or it just wasn't funny.

And wut about that doc and marty clip?!?1

Edited by Brisbot

Just now, Brisbot said:

why did you dislike aggretsuko? Just the over the top humor? Or it just wasn't funny.

well, horrible annoying soundtrack (and i'm not referring to the death metal song), awful animation, and honestly I didn't find it that funny/engaging...

well, horrible annoying soundtrack (and i'm not referring to the death metal song), awful animation, and honestly I didn't find it that funny/engaging...

hmm I'd say the soundtrack is pretty bland and forgettable, but it wasn't annoying to me or anything. Though I can't recall a single thing about it, but it didn't dampen my enjoyment of the show. I really liked the animation. Yeah it is basic, but captured the characters well. I know someone like every character in the show.

Edited by Brisbot

I binged all three seasons of Crashing in the course of the last two days. I guess it must be good.

finished watching Maniac yesterday. this was OK, but I couldn't help thinking "haven't I seen something like this before?" Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Inception, Total Recall all came to mind. I didn't care much for Emma Stone's character, liked Jonah Hill's character but thought his acting was a little weak, and thought Justin Theroux was hysterical. That VR sex part and scene in his apartment were absolutely hilarious.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:32 PM, very honest said:

conan without borders and ugly delicious are good shows

ugly delicious really has carried the torch for Bourdain's shows

Netflix's street food series are great as well

binge watched Dead To Me, recommend it  - it's like a lighter funnier version of Big Little Lies 

Edited by joshuatxuk

finished Stranger Things season 3

I cannot think of another season of another show with such a literal dull and sluggish start that gradually picks up momentum to the point where I was genuinely wanting more at the season finale - to my own surprise actually

really hope they wrap it up with season 4, as much as they salvaged it I feel like they are stretching it already and the series needs a conclusion for it's own sake legacy wise. making a concluding movie wouldn't be a bad idea

Edited by joshuatxuk

I didn't really care about any of it. Some bits were kind of cute, but the whole thing with the thing left me cold. Just make it a dramedy already.

Edited by Gocab

5d05cc2f60abd.jpg

really fun show. kinda reminds me of some early nickelodeon shows like 'so weird' or 'are you afraid of the dark' or 'goosebumps'. except this one is a little better, and for that 90s audience now that they're all grown up

too good to die young was totally my cup of tea, quite possibly the best thing i've seen all year, warts & all. but i can see how it might not be so for others.

Spoiler

Edited by kichiguy
spoiler