What TV series are you watching at moment?

I liked it as well, but then again I liked that Viking film of his, Drive, Citizen X and Neon Demon so I guess I must like his style. A bit too hollow this show maybe, I am not eager to watch another 12 hours of it even if I did enjoy zoning out to that first episode.

Edited by Gocab
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Seinfeld Really good. I always avoided watching it for some reason 'cause I though it was outdated, but I was wrong, it's a great show.

Tales from the Loop. Based on the artwork of Simon Stalenhag (which is an odd qualifier, but think at least some folks here are a fan). About halfway through. It's spectacular. More of a study in huma

Posted Images

The main thing with Nicolas Winding Refn is you must never expose yourself to his interviews. But I like his stuff for the most part. Pusher, Bronson, Valhalla Rising and Drive is all good shit. I have not watched the new thing yet, maybe tonight I'll check it out.

31 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

So does anyone like Preacher?

Watched a few episodes of the first season, couldn't get past the cringe. The "lore" and pretentiousness were just too unbearable

On 6/29/2019 at 9:44 PM, chronical said:

Dark's season 2 is pretty good so far. Watched the first three episodes today. Gotta admit though, it was a bit of a hassle trying to remember who is who, but it made sense after a while. I really like that it's filmed in German as well– that's my native language and the only time I see German dubs is with friends who don't understand English too well. Looking forward to Stranger Things next week as well ?

Yes, I slso appreciated watching something in my mother tongue. Most German series are shite. Another good one in German language is "der Pass"

6 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

Watched a few episodes of the first season, couldn't get past the cringe. The "lore" and pretentiousness were just too unbearable

I think Seth Rogen being the producer has a lot to do with its in your face / intentionally disturbing tone they seem to think sets them apart from other comic book IPs.  I called it quits after the episode w/ the Houston Snuff Film Festival.

6 hours ago, Brisbot said:

So does anyone like Preacher?

I wish they made this 20 years ago when I read the books. It's a very faithful adaptation, I just don't think the humor has aged all that well. It's watchable, bad accents aside.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

Hmm. While I think that the show can get somewhat goofy at times, I don't remember any pretentiousness or cringe. IT does occasionally feel like I'm watching a low budget show, but that's part of the charm.
 IT's a pretty straightforward show. Though I haven't seen the first season in a while.  The most boring part of the whole show is the first few episodes now that I think about it.

Just watched Black Mirror S3E2 "Playtest" and this episode was fucking intense

This series is great and sometimes it really scares me.

Now I have to watch some dumb comedy shit to calm down.

Edited by Test Fforet

I watched Castle Rock, that Stephen King show. It wasn't very interesting, enough story for a movie perhaps, but drawn out to 10 episodes it's just a chore. 

Having just watched the season finale, skip this show, there is nothing of value here.

Edited by Gocab

tuca and bertie is amazing, i love how it gets completely absurd and surrealistic out of the blue... reminds me of anime, specifically masaaki yuasa... also the animation is beautiful and trippy... thanks to whoever recommended it... 

16 hours ago, Squee said:

Hoooooooly shit, Stranger Things is such a polished turd. It’s terrible but I can’t stop watching. 

It sure is taking its sweet time to do fucking anything.

The plot holes in Stranger Things 3 are ludicrous:

Spoiler

Russians build an entire military base hundreds of feet below the new mall in 9 months?

They broadcast top secret codes over HAM radio??

The detective work among the 3 parties was laughable

Why was the Terminator guy at the old Lab to attack Hopper anyway?

Why did they make David Harbour gain all that weight after he just buffed up for Hellboy?

Just started Stranger Things s3 too. I had to pause a few minutes in because it was soooo lame. The jokes / puns belong in a high school theatrical play, what a fucking cringe fest. I'm not sure whether that was intentional and post-ironic or just lazy writing. Some people said it gets better in the second half and the ending is heartbreaking, so I'll have to watch.

The same kid actor from Stranger Things who's in "IT" is a million times cooler in that movie. Kids in the 80's would NOT be so wholesome. Even in the 90's we were complete assholes. 

I just watched the Ali Boulala episode of Epicly Later'd and it hit me right in the feels in a way I did not anticipate.

I'm doing some skateboarding nostalgia lately because I found this youtube channel called Rad Rat Video where this nerdy nude does these historical deep dives into various skate personalities and topics and I enjoy it.