IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

i thought the ending was kinda lame in how it was conceived with those two stories back to back concluding with big drama and theatrics instead of rawness that preceded it.

i watched 2 or maybe 3 episodes of the expanse and i thought it was atrocious... i mean, the scenes in the ship where barely watchable but the detective ones where horrendous... and i didn't even had high hopes for it, was just looking for something to burn some time... now i'm curious and might give it another go...

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i watched 2 or maybe 3 episodes of the expanse and i thought it was atrocious... i mean, the scenes in the ship where barely watchable but the detective ones where horrendous... and i didn't even had high hopes for it, was just looking for something to burn some time... now i'm curious and might give it another go...

that's the kind of reviews that make me want to NOT give it a go lol. I mean I just imagine it'd be like a B-movie type of cheap sci-fi flick.

8 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

that's the kind of reviews that make me want to NOT give it a go lol. I mean I just imagine it'd be like a B-movie type of cheap sci-fi flick.

don't take my word for it, maybe it's the production value that's really low or something... i shouldn't care about it if there's a good plot behind it...

3 hours ago, eugene said:

i thought the ending was kinda lame in how it was conceived with those two stories back to back concluding with big drama and theatrics instead of rawness that preceded it.

I think you're supposed to derive something from the contrast.

22 hours ago, whosebrian said:

I think you're supposed to derive something from the contrast.

Exactly.

Spoiler

Each of the characters dealt with their feelings in their own way... And it really brings up the whole "violence causes violence" thing which is something to think about. The man he came to see was a despicable human being for sure, but he was just a piece of the puzzle, as scarred as Joe.

What a brilliant show, just finished watching it too. Stephen Graham, fucking hell, what a man. He doesn't just act, he fucking LIVES. As well as every other character – including the kids – how the hell did they get literally everyone to act so brilliantly? It feels like watching a documentary even, or just someone filming regular people living. You completely forget these are actors acting.

A terrific job, and a confession for Shane Meadows in a way, which adds weight too. Bravo.

Finished Chernobyl. Definitely really good. IDK about #1 imdb level good, but it was a good watch, though bit depressing. One of those shows or movies where watching it once is good enough.

Ended up getting into Too Old To Die Young

weird lynchian narco la confidential thing..expecting a season 2

helped that it was all i had available to consume

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 9:04 AM, bendish said:

Ended up getting into Too Old To Die Young

weird lynchian narco la confidential thing..expecting a season 2

helped that it was all i had available to consume

amazon dropped it. i see that cliff martinez was behind the music, the soundtrack any good?

to be on topic...i've been binging through mad men, i get the acclaim it got...jon hamm is one handsome man too.

also the last season of legion is shaping up to be a great one. easily my favourite superhero series. wonderfully surreal with some neat choices.

Edited by azatoth

I binged The Boys over the weekend.  I hope they hurry up with Season 2.  Season 1’s ending is a real motherfucker

1 hour ago, W23 said:

I binged The Boys over the weekend.  I hope they hurry up with Season 2.  Season 1’s ending is a real motherfucker

Yeah I watched the whole thing in a day. Streaming is a fucker.

1 hour ago, azatoth said:

i see that cliff martinez was behind the music, the soundtrack any good?

it's amazeballs dude! 

finished it today, loved it, needs more bleak comedy like the lieutenant and his team...

Spoiler

got a bit disappointed at how Martin's death was dealt with... was expecting something way more graphic and gory... 

also, 2 last episodes were kinda pointless unless there's a 2nd season... 

Yaritza is stunningly beautiful, she's gonna play a role in The Terror new season... 

shit just watched the trailer and had no idea it was an anthology series... not convinced... 

Was about to get into the new season of Orange is the new black when I found Escape at Dannemora instead. The premise seemed rather interesting, and oh boy was it amazing. Great cast, solid acting on both parts (glad to see Dano getting better and deeper roles), awesome cinematography, and a great story. I only realized at the end that it's based on real events. 10 out of 10 for me. 

7 hours ago, azatoth said:

amazon dropped it. i see that cliff martinez was behind the music, the soundtrack any good?

to be on topic...i've been binging through mad men, i get the acclaim it got...jon hamm is one handsome man too.

also the last season of legion is shaping up to be a great one. easily my favourite superhero series. wonderfully surreal with some neat choices.

Music was over the top synth noodling...was great. Yea humor areas were great - especially police dept...!!!

shame to be dropped 

has anyone watched this?

300x.jpg

i found it very difficult to get into. it's basically like 'so weird' or 'goosebumps' but with extremely contrived acting. as much as i'm into hindu horror- this leans more towards the 'let's do what stranger things did' club

Tried to get into the new season of Orange is the new black, and realized I just can't be bothered anymore. It's fake and gay and stupid and I hate every character in it. I don't even know how I made it all the way to season 7.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, W23 said:

On 7/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, hello spiral said:

Yeah I watched the whole thing in a day. Streaming is a fucker.

Excited to get into this one - watched Episode 1 last night and it was great.

the boys is shit for deadppol fans. a hackneyed, tryhard and self aware take on the superhero thing that thinks itself as original but is actually much worse than any of the films/tvs it takes on, mainly due to incompetent direction and dumb writing.

10 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

Tried to get into the new season of Orange is the new black, and realized I just can't be bothered anymore. It's fake and gay and stupid and I hate every character in it. I don't even know how I made it all the way to season 7.

lorna turned out to be a pretty tragic, cassavetestian, character in this last season, made me wanna look up what yael stone did besides this trash show.

too old to die young is def a headscratcher and a mixed bag, from dull and dumb and boring as fuck to fascinating and hypnotic and unpredictable. shit acting from the mexican duo and great acting by jena malone who invigorates every scene. same with cliff martinez score, some really bad cheese synth fart wankery to some really inspired moments and cool licensed music choices (like that jamaican(?) stuff). even the last episode is exactly half good, the jena malona part is great but then we get another drawn out, diminishing returns, `tute liberator scene. really dunno where #nwr (lol) is going with this. this is reminiscent of the twin peaks:return quite a bit, kinda of a wide scale, anything goes, epic with complete director's control, but nwr ain't david lynch, the highs aren't as high. he isn't von trier either when it comes to fucking with the audience, just isn't as clever. so i dunno, it's definitely more interesting than the typical A.I. scripted netflix trash, and there is some kind of own rhythm to it you can sometimes tune into, but i'm not so sure it's all worth the effort tbh.

Edited by eugene