What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Man, i thought the first two seasons of The Expanse kinda sucked. Mostly bc a few of the main characters just bugged the shit out of me. I'm looking at you, Holden. You too, Miller.

edit: have not seen S3

Edited by luke viia
cuz editing

11 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

I know book 4 isn’t the most popular but it’s one of my favorites of the series and I’m excited to see how they unfurl it (and inevitably how much of book 5 gets rolled into the second half). 

I haven't read any of the books, it just seems like:

Spoiler

With all the wormholes, the storyline could get very messy very quickly.

I'll reserve judgement until after of course.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, lickneonlights said:

I've been hesitant to give it a go because of some mixed reviews, although I'm a huge sci-fi fan (I mean who isn't). I'll check it out, thanks!

I love this show, and am looking forward to next season.

Also huge fan of The Prisoner. 

1564069626-550855298-inaya-zhizn.jpg

terrible attempt at making a science fiction show by basically ripping off two of the last biggest sci-fi films (the arrival and interstellar+alien covenant) then mixing the two together because- why ripoff one when you can do both?

basically aliens arrive on earth and everyone is like- how do we communicate with these things? are they here to kill us all or are they peaceful? (first film successfully ripped off)

there is another story about a ship that's on an interstellar voyage to find out where that ship that landed from earth came from (this is the alien covenant part)- and shake things up, you have a crew made up of 20 somethings that spend most of their time arguing pop culture and making references to why they don't think the other is cool. 

the interstellar part is ripped off in one episode- then the other episode is basically solaris. all this is acted terribly and written very lazily (because they basically ripped everything off)

i watched 2 or maybe 3 episodes of the expanse and i thought it was atrocious... i mean, the scenes in the ship where barely watchable but the detective ones where horrendous... and i didn't even had high hopes for it, was just looking for something to burn some time... now i'm curious and might give it another go...

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i watched 2 or maybe 3 episodes of the expanse and i thought it was atrocious... i mean, the scenes in the ship where barely watchable but the detective ones where horrendous... and i didn't even had high hopes for it, was just looking for something to burn some time... now i'm curious and might give it another go...

that's the kind of reviews that make me want to NOT give it a go lol. I mean I just imagine it'd be like a B-movie type of cheap sci-fi flick.

8 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

that's the kind of reviews that make me want to NOT give it a go lol. I mean I just imagine it'd be like a B-movie type of cheap sci-fi flick.

don't take my word for it, maybe it's the production value that's really low or something... i shouldn't care about it if there's a good plot behind it...

3 hours ago, eugene said:

i thought the ending was kinda lame in how it was conceived with those two stories back to back concluding with big drama and theatrics instead of rawness that preceded it.

I think you're supposed to derive something from the contrast.

22 hours ago, whosebrian said:

I think you're supposed to derive something from the contrast.

Exactly.

Spoiler

Each of the characters dealt with their feelings in their own way... And it really brings up the whole "violence causes violence" thing which is something to think about. The man he came to see was a despicable human being for sure, but he was just a piece of the puzzle, as scarred as Joe.

What a brilliant show, just finished watching it too. Stephen Graham, fucking hell, what a man. He doesn't just act, he fucking LIVES. As well as every other character – including the kids – how the hell did they get literally everyone to act so brilliantly? It feels like watching a documentary even, or just someone filming regular people living. You completely forget these are actors acting.

A terrific job, and a confession for Shane Meadows in a way, which adds weight too. Bravo.

Finished Chernobyl. Definitely really good. IDK about #1 imdb level good, but it was a good watch, though bit depressing. One of those shows or movies where watching it once is good enough.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:04 AM, bendish said:

Ended up getting into Too Old To Die Young

weird lynchian narco la confidential thing..expecting a season 2

helped that it was all i had available to consume

amazon dropped it. i see that cliff martinez was behind the music, the soundtrack any good?

to be on topic...i've been binging through mad men, i get the acclaim it got...jon hamm is one handsome man too.

also the last season of legion is shaping up to be a great one. easily my favourite superhero series. wonderfully surreal with some neat choices.

Edited by azatoth

I binged The Boys over the weekend.  I hope they hurry up with Season 2.  Season 1’s ending is a real motherfucker

1 hour ago, W23 said:

I binged The Boys over the weekend.  I hope they hurry up with Season 2.  Season 1’s ending is a real motherfucker

Yeah I watched the whole thing in a day. Streaming is a fucker.