IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

4 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Carnival Row? I watched the first episode, its basically the Syrian war with irish fairy refugees.  Bit weird, but I think I will stick with it.  Possibly a bit too faux political

It's in my cue, are the FX any good?

8 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Carnival Row? I watched the first episode, its basically the Syrian war with irish fairy refugees.  Bit weird, but I think I will stick with it.  Possibly a bit too faux political

Yeah - I didn't know what was going on for a while but I got sucked in. I liked the dark fantasy world more than anything. The nice eyebrow lady is in it.

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Some of the wire work is funny, especially when background extras are getting hoisted up all over the place in the fairy-ghetto scenes. 

Edited by Enthusiast

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Yeah from first impressions its a mix of CGI and makeup / stick on wings and horns which is good.  Didn't realise Orlando Bloom was in it, he's not too annoying (yet)

FINALLY caught up on (most of) S3 of Mr. Robot. Recovering from (minor) surgery past weekend and binged what I could through a gauzy oxycodone haze - kinda the perfect mindset to watch the show. Not as great as S1 but what is. Rami Malek awesome, as always - certainly some of the best TV out there (IMHOP). 

4 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Who's watching The Terror: Infamy.  Is it partially based on George Takei's childhood?

I wasn’t hooked by the 1st episode so I fell off. Is it worth jumping back in?

Watched 'Snowfall' which was goddam entertaining

Aren't most shows these days though? They're generally so well made I'm sure I could pick one at random, make it through the first 3 or 4 episodes, become invested and all that and before you know it you're addicted. 

• Like 1

watched doom patrol and right after the umbrella academy, none of them are good good but i felt more attached to the characters of the doom patrol even though they're stupid as shit... it's more quirky and i found it funnier than the umbrella academy, which takes itself to damn serious ending up feeling retarded... now i'm going trough titans which i believe will be my least favorite of the 3...

V-2001DVDcover.jpg

typical - aliens invade earth come as friends then we suddenly realize they want to harvest us all - storyline with the very obvious underlying message that the aliens are like the nazis and this is basically world war 3

it has an idea that's pretty large in scope- the mini series alone is almost 3hrs then there is the final battle that's almost 5 hours then there is 1 season show but it also has a very b-movie production value look that reduces it to easy television 

13 hours ago, Nebraska said:

V-2001DVDcover.jpg

typical - aliens invade earth come as friends then we suddenly realize they want to harvest us all - storyline with the very obvious underlying message that the aliens are like the nazis and this is basically world war 3

it has an idea that's pretty large in scope- the mini series alone is almost 3hrs then there is the final battle that's almost 5 hours then there is 1 season show but it also has a very b-movie production value look that reduces it to easy television 

Are you watching the remaster?

https://www.space.com/amp/original-V-science-fiction-series-blu-ray.html

On 9/21/2019 at 4:10 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The Wu-Tang series does get you hooked after a while, once you can identify who is supposed to be who.  But goddamn, RZA's older brother seemed like a real dickhead.

I almost leapt to GZA’s defence then remembered they have an eldest brother who did seem fairly shady. Unless you’re talking about GZA, in which case pick a window son as I’m throwing you out it.

54 minutes ago, tec said:

I almost leapt to GZA’s defence then remembered they have an eldest brother who did seem fairly shady. Unless you’re talking about GZA, in which case pick a window son as I’m throwing you out it.

Mitchell "Divine" Diggs is the guy I assumed was Bobby's brother, but up to 18 people at once lived in their home, so who knows.  It is fictionalized after all.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mitchell-divine-diggs-a9454821