Jump to content

What TV series are you watching at moment?


Npoess
 Share

Recommended Posts

Watched 'Snowfall' which was goddam entertaining

Aren't most shows these days though? They're generally so well made I'm sure I could pick one at random, make it through the first 3 or 4 episodes, become invested and all that and before you know it you're addicted. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

watched doom patrol and right after the umbrella academy, none of them are good good but i felt more attached to the characters of the doom patrol even though they're stupid as shit... it's more quirky and i found it funnier than the umbrella academy, which takes itself to damn serious ending up feeling retarded... now i'm going trough titans which i believe will be my least favorite of the 3...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

V-2001DVDcover.jpg

typical - aliens invade earth come as friends then we suddenly realize they want to harvest us all - storyline with the very obvious underlying message that the aliens are like the nazis and this is basically world war 3

it has an idea that's pretty large in scope- the mini series alone is almost 3hrs then there is the final battle that's almost 5 hours then there is 1 season show but it also has a very b-movie production value look that reduces it to easy television 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Nebraska said:

V-2001DVDcover.jpg

typical - aliens invade earth come as friends then we suddenly realize they want to harvest us all - storyline with the very obvious underlying message that the aliens are like the nazis and this is basically world war 3

it has an idea that's pretty large in scope- the mini series alone is almost 3hrs then there is the final battle that's almost 5 hours then there is 1 season show but it also has a very b-movie production value look that reduces it to easy television 

Are you watching the remaster?

https://www.space.com/amp/original-V-science-fiction-series-blu-ray.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2019 at 4:10 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The Wu-Tang series does get you hooked after a while, once you can identify who is supposed to be who.  But goddamn, RZA's older brother seemed like a real dickhead.

I almost leapt to GZA’s defence then remembered they have an eldest brother who did seem fairly shady. Unless you’re talking about GZA, in which case pick a window son as I’m throwing you out it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, tec said:

I almost leapt to GZA’s defence then remembered they have an eldest brother who did seem fairly shady. Unless you’re talking about GZA, in which case pick a window son as I’m throwing you out it.

Mitchell "Divine" Diggs is the guy I assumed was Bobby's brother, but up to 18 people at once lived in their home, so who knows.  It is fictionalized after all.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mitchell-divine-diggs-a9454821

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2019 at 5:26 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

I wasn’t hooked by the 1st episode so I fell off. Is it worth jumping back in?

Same. Seems odd that they went from adapting a book based on a real life mystery to jettisoning the entire writing staff and crew and inventing a spooky story that takes place during the Japanese internment. If the first season hadn’t been so stellar I’d probably be more forgiving of Infamy, because in concept the idea is intriguing and the story of the internment itself should absolutely be told. But it kinda just feels like AMC hitched a separate original series to The Terror brand in hopes of more viewers.

 

Also the hook is just nonexistent. The two most compelling moments in the pilot occur in the opening minutes and the rest of the episode is vague caricatures and lackluster horror masquerading as prestige TV. Maybe it’ll hold up better in the context of the full series but reviews of the following episodes were middling so I dunno. Maybe once it’s all out I’ll give it a shot on a rainy day but I started rewatching Channel Zero instead and that feels like a far better decision. CZ is probably my favorite horror anthology series right now and out of all the shows SyFy cancelled during The Great Programming Purge (what do they even have left?) it was the biggest bummer for me. 

  • Like 1
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2019 at 12:15 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Mitchell "Divine" Diggs is the guy I assumed was Bobby's brother, but up to 18 people at once lived in their home, so who knows.  It is fictionalized after all.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mitchell-divine-diggs-a9454821

that's his brother. 

you should watch the mics and men documentary. it does a much better job explaining everything (not to mention it's better made) than this series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2019 at 9:10 PM, Lada Laika said:

Same. Seems odd that they went from adapting a book based on a real life mystery to jettisoning the entire writing staff and crew and inventing a spooky story that takes place during the Japanese internment. If the first season hadn’t been so stellar I’d probably be more forgiving of Infamy, because in concept the idea is intriguing and the story of the internment itself should absolutely be told. But it kinda just feels like AMC hitched a separate original series to The Terror brand in hopes of more viewers.

 

Also the hook is just nonexistent. The two most compelling moments in the pilot occur in the opening minutes and the rest of the episode is vague caricatures and lackluster horror masquerading as prestige TV. 

I haven't seen the first season yet, but recently started watching season 2 of the Terror and have to say it feels very amateurish. the story hasn't progressed very far in the 1st 4 episodes I've watched, and also the acting from the younger actors isn't all that great. it reminds me of a bad early season x-files episode, especially those bleak, grey Vancouver skies.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.