What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

The+Dark+Crystal+Age+of+Resistance.jpg

the film was the very first movie i remember watching at the first birthday party i ever attended- so i'm a little biased as to my opinion. 

the production design and practical effects with cgi is flawless. the story is a little busy- almost feels like there is too much happening all at once. so far, i've watched two episodes and enjoying it so far

22 hours ago, iococoi said:

dark crystal thingy starts today innit..

lulz

Don't have Netflix so will watch as soon as i am able elsewhere. Also have fond memories as a kid so looking forward to watching, trailer makes it looks good (that's its job lol)

I guess this will pave the way for the Labyrinth sequel 

12 hours ago, Tim_J said:

sup with this new fad of Japanese directors making western style animation? give us anime please!!!

That's....style..ist. You STYLEIST!

12 hours ago, Gocab said:

This looks so fucking good

Looks sweet. Thought it was that Junji Ito collection initially till I realized it is it's own thing. 

6 hours ago, hello spiral said:

This is such a weird take. It's like 5% of the whole season.

i don't get why they keep showing BTK if these 2 detectives have nothing to do with his capture. the killers who they do end up catching, to my knowledge, aren't based on real murderers. the ed kemper testimonials don't really seem to offer any insight into helping them catch their killers so in essence- i found about 95% of this show to be blowing smoke and 5% to be somewhat interesting.

started season 2 but again: 2 episodes in and all i got was that they're getting a new office. 

btw: when you know BTK was caught because he sent a word document from his church computer that had his name in the properties, you kinda realize that this is all leading nowhere anyway. 

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

i don't get why they keep showing BTK if these 2 detectives have nothing to do with his capture. the killers who they do end up catching, to my knowledge, aren't based on real murderers. the ed kemper testimonials don't really seem to offer any insight into helping them catch their killers so in essence- i found about 95% of this show to be blowing smoke and 5% to be somewhat interesting.

started season 2 but again: 2 episodes in and all i got was that they're getting a new office. 

btw: when you know BTK was caught because he sent a word document from his church computer that had his name in the properties, you kinda realize that this is all leading nowhere anyway. 

I think you're missing the point.

It has nothing to do with catching a killer. Nothing to do with their method.

The show is about society actually recognising that 'sequence killers' exist. That's it. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 2:05 PM, Tim_J said:

anybody watching this? 

yes. it's pretty hilarious. i like the guy playing john goodman's son (jesse). 

14 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

I think you're missing the point.

It has nothing to do with catching a killer. Nothing to do with their method.

The show is about society actually recognising that 'sequence killers' exist. That's it. 

then i'm not getting it at all. i even thought it would go somewhere when bill tench was talking about his adopted son and how he doesn't talk much but- nothing. considering how much of the episode was spent establishing that, and even having us withness ford at the tench residence for dinner only to never come up again seemed pointless to me. 

btw: netflix might be done with the whole binge model for their shows now that disney+ has established it isn't going that route

On 9/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, Nebraska said:
On 9/3/2019 at 4:25 AM, hello spiral said:

This is such a weird take. It's like 5% of the whole season.

Mindhunters is a fictional take on a true story. It isn't trying to faithfully adapt history but trying to make it more entertaining or whatever by sticking loosely to history. Definitely a 'based on a true story' kinda thing. So anything can happen.

Btw this is what I heard in some interview when season 1 came out.

It's definitely a character driven thing so if you aren't interested in the 2/3 main characters, then you won't like it. It's about how they change the way killers are analyzed and how that changes them.

Edited by Brisbot

16 hours ago, Tim_J said:

the boys was ok'ish, i didn't mind it neither loved it... in its imdb page on the more like this section there's the umbrella academy, doom patrol and titans... are any of these worth watching?

Nah, the Boys shits all over these shows. I guess I'd rate them umbrella>doom>>>>titans. I found all of them rather boring tbh.

Umbrella thing was ok, mostly pretty dull but a few good bits. The other two seem like shows aimed at teenagers. The Boys was great though, pisses over Preacher (which has gotten even worse in the latest season).

The first season of Legion was the only really consistently good one, there were some good bits in the subsequent seasons, but it was completely uneven. The last season was definitely better than the previous one though, the first couple of episodes were actually pretty cool. It's good to see that kind of risk taking and invention though, even if it's a failure half the time.