IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

^^ that episode's teleplay was written by brannon braga and was (for a short time) considered the worst story in star trek history. he was even accused of ruining the series. 

rhythmflow400.png

tried to watch this and regretted it immediately. 

raising-dion-poster-405x600.png

another series i regretted trying to watch. basically an attempt at giving 11 her own series- except it's a black kid and he lives in modern time. and each scene has a different hiphop song. and the kid is very annoying. and his mom looks like she should be his older sister. and all the acting is terrible

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 10:45 AM, Nebraska said:

^^ that episode's teleplay was written by brannon braga and was (for a short time) considered the worst story in star trek history. he was even accused of ruining the series. 

This would, of course, become a fulfilled prophecy once the finale of 'Enterprise' aired, became literally everyone's least favorite Star Trek episode in the entire franchise, and killed off an unbroken 18-year streak of Trek on TV for over a decade.

• Burger 1

yeah that Enterprise finale was total garbage. Sirtis and Frakes really phoned it in too, and Sirtis decided to just use her normal London accent for some reason, maybe she had forgot how to do her Troi, hopefully they don't fuck up their scenes in Picard.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, auxien said:

^yikes. is the rest of Enterprise decent at least? i'm tearing through Voyager

I think I actually like Enterprise better than Voyager at this point. They're both fairly bumpy rides (and hoo boy do they both have some stinkers) but ENT gradually gets better and better until by the end I start wishing they had gotten a few more years once they had worked out the kinks.

You can also very easily stop ENT the episode before the finale. I did it for years because I heard the finale was so bad, and finally watched it on my last rewatch because I figured what the hell. It lived up to the hype. It is astonishingly lazy and terrible, even moreso for being the last episode of the show's strongest season so far. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

I think I actually like Enterprise better than Voyager at this point. They're both fairly bumpy rides (and hoo boy do they both have some stinkers) but ENT gradually gets better and better until by the end I start wishing they had gotten a few more years once they had worked out the kinks.

You can also very easily stop ENT the episode before the finale. I did it for years because I heard the finale was so bad, and finally watched it on my last rewatch because I figured what the hell. It lived up to the hype. It is astonishingly lazy and terrible, even moreso for being the last episode of the show's strongest season so far. 

• Confused 1

I ended up binging Chernobyl without even planning on it. 

I haven't watched The Walking Dead in years, and just found out it's still going. Jesus fucking christ why?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kieselguhr kid said:

i'd love to rewatch MILLENNIUM some time; remember really liking it back in the 90s, more than x-files tbh. also lance henriksen is one of the greatest actors of our time.

I watch an episode every so often, it holds up very well. I love the pace of it. 

I just blew through 4 episodes of Ash vs Evil Dead. It’s pretty great. Nails the humour of the movies. 

Edited by Enthusiast

Not much of a surprise, but most of the recent Frontline episodes have been great. The MBS episode, the Flint water crisis episode, and the Bork/Federalist Society episodes in particular. 

They recently licensed a doc made in the Philippines related to Duterte's drug war. As a massive Lav Diaz fan, the production style was kinda jarring but still an important subject and doc. 

• Thanks 1

Been on a Danny McBride binge recently, both Vice Principals and The Righteous Gemstones. The first is funnier but the second is like a proper TV show with a heart, also very funny. 

The OA was one of the best tv shows in recent history but as it was a slow burner and not immediately accessible most people didn’t make through the first dull episode so now the show is canceled after 2 seasons which is really a shame 

On 10/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, Taupe Beats said:

Not much of a surprise, but most of the recent Frontline episodes have been great. The MBS episode, the Flint water crisis episode, and the Bork/Federalist Society episodes in particular. 

They recently licensed a doc made in the Philippines related to Duterte's drug war. As a massive Lav Diaz fan, the production style was kinda jarring but still an important subject and doc. 

I watched the MBS episode. Martin Smith is the greatest. 

dood, Primal by Genndy Tartakovsky is great. Only on episode 3 though so it may go downhill who knows. But up until now it's great, well worth watching. It's one of those shows where there isn't a single word uttered and still manages to convey what the characters are feeling brilliantly. Though I think it has to do with the fact it focuses on primal instincts/emotions, so at that level you don't really need language. It's about two characters (caveman and a t-rex) trying to survive in an unforgiving world.

On 10/13/2019 at 6:48 AM, Candiru said:

I haven't watched The Walking Dead in years, and just found out it's still going. Jesus fucking christ why?

I don't know. Should have ended at season 3 or 4 or so really. I saw a comment by one of the showrunners and he said he wants The Walking Dead to be one of those shows that are on for decades, shuffling out lead characters and such. It's obvious it still had a big audience.

Edited by Brisbot

45 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Really conflicted about the premiere of Watchmen.  Severe distaste for Lindelof and his hack bullshit.

I enjoyed it. Mostly because I'm now aware of the black wall Street massacre. But I thinks theres potential there. 

I love Alan's work, I really hope they do him justice this time tho.