IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Did you notice Moore had his name removed from the credits?  i mean he is an old fart, so yeah.  It's definitely gonna be a slow burn thru season 1, i bet we don't see Manhattan til the finale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Did you notice Moore had his name removed from the credits?  i mean he is an old fart, so yeah.  It's definitely gonna be a slow burn thru season 1, i bet we don't see Manhattan til the finale.

Yeah I respected that tho. Moore could be like "put my name on any shit  you cunts, I wanna make money". Instead he's like "I don't need anymore cash, I'm gonna be a wizard, never gonna leave Northampton and take loads of mushrooms"

I prefer the universe where Moore is the 2nd option.

Edited by donquixote

30 minutes ago, Dpek said:

Mad Men

I love season 1, especially the scene where Pete brings a shotgun to work and aims it at everyone in the office. Classic Pete!

The set design and costumes are also done really well, some interesting and impressive attention to detail at moments.

Edited by Guest

peaky blinders. what do the UKers here think about this show. kinda cartoony but super enjoyable. like that it doesn't take itself super seriously but my god the anachronistic music kills me some times. also, soooooooo many slow mo shots of guys walking with distorted guitars grindin'

i finished binging through all of peaky blinders last night. agreed that its kinda caricature-esque, but all said and done it was a really fucking fun watch. i'd totally watch an alfie solomons or abarama gold spin off!

Edited by kichiguy

1 hour ago, cooliofranco said:

peaky blinders. what do the UKers here think about this show. kinda cartoony but super enjoyable. like that it doesn't take itself super seriously but my god the anachronistic music kills me some times. also, soooooooo many slow mo shots of guys walking with distorted guitars grindin'

Brummies innit, ask Ozzy

The new season of Bojack Horseman is solid... well the new half season. It's being cut into two 8 episode kinda mini seasons. Pulling a Breaking Bad on this one.

Edited by Brisbot

WitchesSalem_404x228.jpg

really enjoying this. nice, comprehensive overview of the religious frenzy that culminated to nothing more than a kangaroo court that led to a number of unnecessary hangings. somewhat- the beginning of prison–industrial complex. 

18 hours ago, marf said:

I enjoyed the AHS 1984. 5 episodes only. I wish Emma Roberts was my girlfriend

Maybe visually.  But she’s a huge cunt in real life it’s been said.  She won’t even look at you or give you the time of day on set.   

• Sad 1

I started watching Room 104 on HBO recently but quit halfway through episode 6. It's just not delivering - some episodes have been interesting but as a whole it's fucking boring and/or annoying. I didn't realize till now, when I looked it up, that it's in its third season. There are episodes with certain actors I'm interested in seeing, so maybe I'll just pick and choose a few more to watch. The recent preview makes it seem far more interesting and exciting than it's been.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:48 PM, Brisbot said:

The new season of Bojack Horseman is solid... well the new half season. It's being cut into two 8 episode kinda mini seasons. Pulling a Breaking Bad on this one.

Yeah, I enjoyed it quite a bit - but the split season thing makes it narratively awkward (it’s clearly just half the story so a lot of the plot is dominated by setup). At least it’s only for a couple of months. Netflix is really trying to eke out as much money as they can before everyone cancels.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

Yeah, I enjoyed it quite a bit - but the split season thing makes it narratively awkward (it’s clearly just half the story so a lot of the plot is dominated by setup). At least it’s only for a couple of months. Netflix is really trying to eke out as much money as they can before everyone cancels.

It's hard to tell. Netflix also cancelled Bertie and Tuca which was awesome. I think it has something to do with new streaming platforms coming up, and the writing may be on the wall here.

I think they had 2 more seasons in mind for bojack before it was whittled down to just 1 large season. This season was for Bojack to become healthy and then the next/final season was for the... shitstorm.

7 hours ago, Brisbot said:

It's hard to tell. Netflix also cancelled Bertie and Tuca which was awesome. I think it has something to do with new streaming platforms coming up, and the writing may be on the wall here.

I think they had 2 more seasons in mind for bojack before it was whittled down to just 1 large season. This season was for Bojack to become healthy and then the next/final season was for the... shitstorm.

The death of Tuca and Bertie is just the latest in a long list of things Netflix has cancelled that makes me hesitant to ever pay for a streaming platform again. If Bojack got a truncated last couple years that's fine, honestly, because that just means I can mercy kill my Netflix sub sooner rather than later.