IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

American Horror Story: Apocalypse

I haven't watched this in a few years, the last one I watched being Roanoke. My girlfriend has only watched one or two seasons while I had watched the first 6. Suggesting we jump in with season 7 (Cult), we decided to skip that one as we're already living that nightmare. Apocalypse seems good so far, we watched 2 eps last night.

spacer.png

On 11/10/2019 at 10:23 PM, Brisbot said:

New Rick and Morty was enjoyable, you can watch it for free on Adult Swim's website. https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/edge-of-tomorty-rick-die-rickpeat

“Gaslighting isn’t real, you made it up because you’re fucking crazy” is a pretty great line. I’m still iffy on R&M from scene to scene at this point but that bit got me good.

17 hours ago, caze said:

For All Mankind is pretty good, visuals on the last episode were great. Would love to binge it but have to wait another week now. ugh.

I just noticed that I have a free year of Apple+ and I want to see that show. There's another interesting one that looks like Horizon Zero Dawn with a blind Khal Drogo.

I am currently watching Living with Yourself. One of those rare things I can watch with my wife that we both enjoy. 

Edited by Enthusiast

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching Hannah Gadsby's "Nanette" and I can't believe anyone likes it. 

Okay. i finished watching it, and I have to admit that after having done so, I have emerged as a better person.

Spoiler

I'm a better person now because before watching this special I was not sure whether or not rape is actually illegal. Now, I'm much more sure that it is not only illegal, but immoral and definitely have second thoughts about raping anyone henceforth. Hannah Gadsby sure saved me a boat load of trouble here. 

Edited by Candiru

I’ve watched the last few Mr Robot episodes thinking they were series finale... each being a plausible one. Curious to see where it’s heading at.

Eager to watch the 2nd half of Bojack last season too, it’s hand down one of my very favorite shows. I’m likely to cancel my Netflix account afterwards...

Watched the last part of The Crown’s third season as my GF was binging it : impressive acting at times.

Finally, we’re watching Chernobyl, which is as amazing as it’s horrifying. Quality stuff.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:15 PM, sidewinder said:

Silicon Valley, Mrs. Fletcher, Living With Yourself (just finished), and just started Fleabag last night. I like that. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is hot.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

We binged all of Living With Yourself in 48 hours, my partner couldn't get enough of it.  She couldn't stand Fleabag though, lol

Started watching The Prisoner. Ho-lee crap it's so friggin' good and I'm only a few episodes in. No real clue where this is going (in the best way possible) but it's interesting to see major inspirations for Lost in a show that, I suspect, will have a much better payoff at the end. Most IDM 1967 

The Peteypedia page provides some entertaining and humorous world building for Watchmen such as:

Dr. Oz is Surgeon General

John Grisham is on the Supreme Court

DVDs/digital media do not exist yet bc of the technological backlash and subsequent prohibition laws

PCs are just being introduced to law enforcement 

Night Owl II is in Federal prison for refusing to cooperate w/ authorities.  Laurie Blake took a plea deal to work for the FBI upon release.

"Black Mask" cinema replaced the  Blacksploitation film genre in the 70s

African Americans migrated in large numbers to Vietnam

Batman exists as a movie parodying Night Owl

Tarantula is a Spider-Man parody

Seymour David, the reporter who published Rorschach's Journal, wrote an essay on it, that became somewhat of a Manifesto as well

The fictional show American Hero Story is abbreviated AHS, like our American Horror Story

Steven Spielberg directed "Pale Horse", a black + white film about the "11/2" attack, featuring a young girl in a red coat

Johnnie Cochran helped the Robert Redford administration draft the "Redfordations" bill into law

G. Gordon Liddy is hailed as a Republican hero

The Cyclops logo has Dr. Manhattan's logo hidden within it

Excalibur (the blue dildo) breaks down as Ex-Cal-Abar.  Night Owl II built it for Laurie 

Laurie Blake abandoned the guise of Silk Spectre, and adopted the guise of "The Comedianne" after her father

Extra Dimensional Anxiety - A form of PTSD experienced by people like Looking Glass, a controversial diagnosis some believe is a hoax.

Tobacco is a controlled substance as implied on the show

"Internal Affairs" is a fictionalized version of A Current Affair

HDTV is a new industry bc of recently passed legislation legalizing it

Lady Trieu is named after a Vietnamese folk hero

The Comedian may also be her father, making her Laurie Blake's half sister.  

President Robert Redford may have a sexual relationship with Trieu as well

Trieu's mother tried to murder her as a child

The Millennial Clock may be a time machine

Trieu has launched 50 Voyager type deep space probes since 2010

Egypt exists as the "Egyptian Union"

"Waxing" is the slang for Nostalgia overdose 

Fred Trump, Donnie's father, was the obese supermarket owner who firebombed the Jewish deli

Carl Sagan consulted with the Federal Govt. on trans-dimensional theory

Howard Hughes was a life extension guru

*It also struck me that the "11/2" alien squid attack is now revered as a 9/11 type amalgam, even though it predicted a colossal attack on NYC in 1985

• Like 1

792417b9b97694d6d7e301df63bc380a.jpg

the director is a graduate of m night shyamalan's school of trying to hard. the most horrific thing about this series is how the main couple are able to afford that apartment, all that wine and a "private nanny" but then again- they're suffering from modern day problems so i guess we can all relate.

silly beyond belief

roots_next_generation.jpg

took me about a week to watch this entire mini series- about 14hrs total and covering the last 5 generations (1800s-1960s) of the kinte family. almost as good as the first series (which is saying a lot considering that was a landmark television series) but this suffers from not having an equally stellar cast (surprisingly james earl jones is kinda the weakest link here obviously only chosen because he was a seasoned and well respected african american actor) but the real deal here is dorian harewood and irene cara who kinda steal the show as simon haley and bertha george (1914-1932). 

also, the edits betwix decades are a little jarring but with only 14 hrs to make i guess it had to be done.

Edited by Nebraska

Finally got around to seeing Breaking Bad - another series I had zero interest in until my daughter prompted me to watch it on how good it is.

And she was right - currently nearing the end of Series 3 and it's great.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Finally got around to seeing Breaking Bad - another series I had zero interest in until my daughter prompted me to watch it on how good it is.

And she was right - currently nearing the end of Series 3 and it's great.

Okay boomer :biggrin: