IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

5 hours ago, IDEM said:

It sounded good on paper, but I had to drop it after the first season. Don't remember much about it.

I stopped after the second episode.  Couldn’t really keep me interested.  

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 9:29 AM, Tim_J said:

you got me there... :^}
but Bojack is like, for adults...
AT is for everybody, Bob's Burgers as well...

I was surprised to find out my youngest sister (13) watches it. Also a cousin who is 14 says it is his favorite show. Uses a picture of Mr. Peanutbutter as an avatar on netflix. What's odd isn't their age but that they are very conservative. Though admittedly maybe they are too young to understand that Bojack has a good amount of liberal politics in it and how a lot of it contradicts conservative belief without explicitly pointing it out.

Edited by Brisbot

Battlestar Galactica season 2,really enjoying this after sleeping on it for so long,its funny cuz its exactly what we would do as a race under threat of extintion from an outside entity,spend more time arguing over who,s in charge,than dealing with the threat,some  of the best plot twists and sudden tragic events i,ve seen on tv in a while

8 hours ago, sunshine recorder said:

Battlestar Galactica season 2,really enjoying this after sleeping on it for so long,its funny cuz its exactly what we would do as a race under threat of extintion from an outside entity,spend more time arguing over who,s in charge,than dealing with the threat,some  of the best plot twists and sudden tragic events i,ve seen on tv in a while

Pegasus arc is peak BSG (and I say this as someone who loved all 4 seasons). Season 2 is fantastic, although even I skip “Black Market” on rewatches. 

3 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

spacer.png

Rewatched The Expanse
Love that show.
SyFy Seasons 1 2 3 were great. Highly recommended.
Amazon Season 4 was a complete let-down for me though. Terrible writing. Character development was all over the place. Don't watch it.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:05 PM, Tim_J said:

I'm not too smart of a fellow but how do their cellphones work in new terra? There's no satellites or whatever... ?

Edited by Tim_J

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

There's a season 3? WTF is season 2 or did I miss the boat?

Finishing up Better Call Saul series 4, Series 5 is airing now but I haven't started it yet.

Also, Narcos: Mexico Series 2

I watched the massively hyped I am not okay with this. People are loving it. But lo and behold, it turns out it's more of the same. Carrie by way of a feelgood retro-fetishizing coming of age dramedy.

Netflix/10

Edited by Gocab

On 3/1/2020 at 4:33 PM, IDEM said:

Im Sturz durch Zeit und Raum / Erwacht aus einem Traum / Nur ein kurzer Augenblick / Dann kehrt die Nacht zurück ♥️

s01e05, damn, i saw it coming...

Spoiler

it's been done before so, i thought to myself that young mikkel who traveled back in time would probably be someone's dad in 2019, probably jonas dad since they didn't show his past... turns out i was right...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Farnsworth 1

Just started season 4 of Gomorrah. Rather on the nose, even by Gomorrah standards. However, in ep. 2 someone gets sent a chopped off hand in a box, so there’s that.

Season 3 didn’t start off too great either but ended up quite ok, so I’m still optimistic.

Edited by rhmilo
s/of/off/

Gomorrah's best season was the second. I liked the 4th one better than the 3rd, but yeah, the quality has fallen. Still enjoyable.

Hunters. The story line is really good - some of the directing is a little inconsistent, there's clearly one director who thinks they're Quentin Tarnatino/Guy Ritchie but overall that doesn't detract too much. Some really amazing performances going on, and Al Pacino makes a top notch jew.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Hunters. The story line is really good - some of the directing is a little inconsistent, there's clearly one director who thinks they're Quentin Tarnatino/Guy Ritchie but overall that doesn't detract too much. Some really amazing performances going on, and Al Pacino makes a top notch jew.

Oh man! My wife and I watched the first episode the other night and I both faded before the end of it.
It lost us at a few points (among many being that the main dude doesn’t remotely seem like he’s from New York City, let alone an outer borough, let alone a drug dealer, especially in the 70s). Totally agree that the directing is a bit off and your point about Tarantino/Ritchie (I’d like to add Wes Anderson). 
I think it might take a bit of prodding for us to jump back in. 

We cruised the fuck through the watchmen tho. Great show!

I didn’t care for the film and hardly remember it. From the little I do remember, the series is very different in lots of great ways. Can’t wait for another season... if it comes together. 
Did anyone see both the series and the film that also read the graphic novel?? If so, what are your thoughts???

I rarely get offended watching tv/movies, but I have to say lots of that left a bitter taste in my mouth. Making the Nazis out to be cartoonish villains, and making up a bunch of ridiculous death camp stories (like the chess thing), was pretty shitty. Pacino is great in it though alright, and I'm usually pretty lukewarm on him. The lack of a consistent style was also annoying, when it just sticks to the story and stays in the moment it's fine, but the various little over stylized diversions felt completely out of place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Did anyone see both the series and the film that also read the graphic novel?? If so, what are your thoughts???

I've seen all three. One of the few people who seems to like the film, even though it butchers the major point of the comic, it's still well made judged on it's own merits imho. The show was a lot better than the movie though, closer in spirit to the comic, really well put together I thought.

23 minutes ago, caze said:

I rarely get offended watching tv/movies, but I have to say lots of that left a bitter taste in my mouth. Making the Nazis out to be cartoonish villains, and making up a bunch of ridiculous death camp stories (like the chess thing), was pretty shitty. Pacino is great in it though alright, and I'm usually pretty lukewarm on him. The lack of a consistent style was also annoying, when it just sticks to the story and stays in the moment it's fine, but the various little over stylized diversions felt completely out of place.

+1

Exactly.