Jump to content
Npoess

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Recommended Posts

speaking of Star Trek

i just finished Voyager and it was good fun. really consistent and rarely dragged its feet. last episode was a bit too much but it was handled pretty well, much better than it could've gone given the ludicrous plot. would've much preferred something a bit more natural than some time travel shit about regret/what could've been, basically the premise is a fuck you to the entire idea of Janeway but.... i'll not stress too much about it. ? 

bye bye Delta Quadrant

Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force 36

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching The Vietnam War by Ken Burns.

10/10

I'm not really huge into war stuff but Apocalypse Now! is my favorite film of all time. Same as Science Fiction, not massively into the genre but 2001 Space Odyssey and Alien are also in my top 10.

I'm not at all into Romance (just in case you were wondering) or Bestiality Porn either (just in case you were wondering)

 

 

 

Edited by beer badger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beer badger said:

I'm watching The Vietnam War by Ken Burns.

10/10

I'm not really huge into war stuff but Apocalypse Now! is my favorite film of all time. Same as Science Fiction, not massively into the genre but 2001 Space Odyssey and Alien are also in my top 10.

I'm not at all into Romance (just in case you were wondering) or Bestiality Porn either (just in case you were wondering)

 

 

 

So what are your favourites from those genres?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lodge 49 is trying hard to fill the gap of family being away, but it’s a very mixed bag. An old face from Twin Peaks turned up too. It veers from slapstick to tragedy to west coast cliches. A shorter format would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Messiah last week, thought it was pretty good. The ending was frustrating IMO, but mid-season was great. Al-Masih for sexiest man alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched La Mante with my woman, it was pretty bad. Dumbest cops, contrived story.

Everything I start watching on Netflix these days turns out to be pretty bad. I haven't bothered finishing a fraction of the shows I've started watching. So much stuff, but no quality control it seems. I think I might cancel my account for a couple of months. 99% filler just isn't worth it.

I also donate money to HBO, old stuff is good but the new stuff?

The outsider is ok, despite being based Stephen King. It'll probably turn into shit as it progresses.

Avenue 5 is also tolerable, but not really as funny as it should be.

Seriously fuck TV shows, they're a waste of time. I should go back to watching movies, where more interesting stuff happens in 30 minutes than complete seasons.

 

old.jpg

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gocab said:

I should go back to watching movies, where more interesting stuff happens in 30 minutes than complete seasons.

 

 

This is a good idea. I started watching movies again and it is so great. Slow burn movies like Unforgiven are nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’ve been getting back into watching films as well. It’s really nice to be in and out with a proper narrative arc and definitive ending in under/around 2 hours. 

 

Also TV is back to largely being pap now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 7:47 AM, Nebraska said:

i don't have a problem with maddox being referenced considering if his storyline plays a significant part in this show- it's all the references to current admirals (like the one who refuses picard to have his own ship and crew) being former TNG ensigns- the doctor being on the stargazer- the sleight of hand way they confirmed riker and laforge  were still alive. there's something about it that didn't work for me.

also, when laris is talking to lt. rizzo: was it just me or were the dramatic and very often camera angles distracting for anyone else? it's like the editor was desperately trying to find a rhythm in that stilted conversation but had nothing but the worst dailies to choose from. 

i also agree with anyone that said the look of this show is horrible. everything is so blown out and bright it's almost annoying

episode 3 was TERRIBLE. if it wasn't for patrick stewart, i really cannot see why this is even star trek (oh- maybe because they mentioned romulans?). nothing happened here except picard finally has a rickety barge with a half-witted crew and said engage. also, is it just me or has the writing been getting worse? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 1:38 PM, Gocab said:

I also donate money to HBO, old stuff is good but the new stuff?

Just wrapped up a Sopranos rewatch. It was a bit depressing because a show like that could not and will not be made again. Seeing it 20 years later revealed some of the funniest fucking writing/troll jobs and profundity ever pulled off in a single show. Frankly, it was hard to jump back to Outsiders as a result. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, xxx said:

Just wrapped up a Sopranos rewatch. It was a bit depressing because a show like that could not and will not be made again. Seeing it 20 years later revealed some of the funniest fucking writing/troll jobs and profundity ever pulled off in a single show. Frankly, it was hard to jump back to Outsiders as a result. 

About 5 years ago, I watched the whole thing expecting it to be dated. But I realized those writers were on fucking fire and there are a ton of things no show has done better since. 

Then I went to Hawaii and met Christopher randomly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only rewatch TV shows anymore, which is kinda stupid imo. Avid movie watcher, but I've never been musch for shows. Does anyone know any very good tv shows? Especially horror related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Candiru said:

About 5 years ago, I watched the whole thing expecting it to be dated. But I realized those writers were on fucking fire and there are a ton of things no show has done better since. 

Then I went to Hawaii and met Christopher randomly. 

Ho paisan! I visited Oahu in December but no such luck for me. It would be hard not to call him a ball-busting nickname. That was so mean when Adriana had ulcerative colitis and he greeted her with "ay, my smelly Valentine".

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the boys .... really good,homelander is the best tv villain in a good while......might give battlestar galactica a go next,still never seen it but always heard it was good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MV5BZTQ4YmY5MmQtOWFjZi00ZDk3LWI0N2QtNmVk

 

*long pause*

 

 

I enjoyed the first episode. Typical NWF style, looks and sounds great, excellent cast and some fucked up violence. More watchable than his last couple of movies imo. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it having not really been in the mood for it for all of last year, hopefully the next nine episodes measure up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 1:41 PM, xxx said:

Just wrapped up a Sopranos rewatch. It was a bit depressing because a show like that could not and will not be made again. Seeing it 20 years later revealed some of the funniest fucking writing/troll jobs and profundity ever pulled off in a single show. Frankly, it was hard to jump back to Outsiders as a result. 

spacer.png

Depth, vision so many quality jokes, family dynamics & endlessly brilliant characters. The clan + protagonist like R Aprile, Ralph C, R Loggia, Buscemi, Vito getting outed. Add all the NY creatures, Shah of Iran especially.

Favourite line, Little Carmine's "From the sacred to the propane".

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Servant. Feels like episodes are ten minutes because it is THAT good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, xxx said:

Ho paisan! I visited Oahu in December but no such luck for me. It would be hard not to call him a ball-busting nickname. That was so mean when Adriana had ulcerative colitis and he greeted her with "ay, my smelly Valentine".

There were a lot of profound Christopher things, like when he sees that married couple with their kid at the gas station and the look of terror on his face. I saw him at Kelley O'Neil's, a pub near Waikiki beach and said hey, shook his hand. The bartenders said they wished they could have done that but because of work policy, they couldn't. Oahu is pretty dope in general. Otherworldly vibes.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even now as there there is more TV than ever, sopranos is cementing itself as the GOAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diving into the Expanse after a few different recs from friends. Really enjoying it, I would always love more hard sci-fi over straight action scenes and stuff but even those parts are done in a compelling way. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Diving into the Expanse after a few different recs from friends. Really enjoying it, I would always love more hard sci-fi over straight action scenes and stuff but even those parts are done in a compelling way. 

first time i tried to watch it i thought it was atrocious, with that cold cheap color grading and that film noir detective and his lame hat... 2nd time i gave it a chance and ended up watching everything and enjoyed it a lot... season 3 gets mental, good show! still downloading season 4 and can't wait to watch it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Yeah as I watching that I thought "oh this was on ScyFy, I forgot" and the same could be said of much of the knockoff Blade Runner dystopian vibe of Ceres, aesthetic tropes that have been recycled and regurgitated to oblivion. The Belters actually reminds me a lot of those on Mars in the original Total Recall film. Either way that part is clearly serving as a part of the greater plot which I find a lot far more fascinating. 

If it wasn't the rave reviews I've heard from friends whose tastes I trust I would have likely skipped it. I've read many compare it to the Mars Trilogy which is another great endorsement. Instead of just vague "big corporation bad / oppressed masses good" there appears to be more fleshed out parallels to class struggles and competing ideologies on Mars and Earth (I assume, only on episode 4)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

^ Yeah as I watching that I thought "oh this was on ScyFy, I forgot" and the same could be said of much of the knockoff Blade Runner dystopian vibe of Ceres, aesthetic tropes that have been recycled and regurgitated to oblivion. The Belters actually reminds me a lot of those on Mars in the original Total Recall film. Either way that part is clearly serving as a part of the greater plot which I find a lot far more fascinating. 

If it wasn't the rave reviews I've heard from friends whose tastes I trust I would have likely skipped it. I've read many compare it to the Mars Trilogy which is another great endorsement. Instead of just vague "big corporation bad / oppressed masses good" there appears to be more fleshed out parallels to class struggles and competing ideologies on Mars and Earth (I assume, only on episode 4)

It really mirrors peak 90s SF TV in that each season improves on the previous one by several orders of magnitude. Quite frankly astonished it lasted as long as it did on SyFy but I guess they were fairly desperate for another BSG and/or a GOT-type “prestige” genre show.

 

Of course that same network also cancelled Dark Matter, which looked like it cost about $100 per episode, so go figure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Locke & Key on Netflix was good fun.  Felt like Stranger Things vs. Harry Potter.  Binged the shit out of it which made work and driving places go by hella-fast.  May even re-watch the whole first season just so my wife can catch it.  Don't expect anything too brilliant though-- I still found it rather enjoyable.

MV5BNjZkNzY4M2ItOWY0Ni00Y2ViLWE1NjItOTIyYzZjMzg5M2E1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.2219cdb4add15e3a39310416b30396a9.jpg

 

Edited by lyst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lyst said:

Locke & Key on Netflix was good fun.  Felt like Stranger Things vs. Harry Potter.  Binged the shit out of it which made work and driving places go by hella-fast.  May even re-watch the whole first season just so my wife can catch it.  Don't expect anything too brilliant though-- I still found it rather enjoyable.

MV5BNjZkNzY4M2ItOWY0Ni00Y2ViLWE1NjItOTIyYzZjMzg5M2E1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.2219cdb4add15e3a39310416b30396a9.jpg

On my watchlist... 

Btw does anyone follow this? 

 

Edited by Tim_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...