IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 3/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, luke viia said:

Tiger King is a hell of a ride, lol. I had a coworker recommend it to me bc I had loved Wild Wild Country so much. Both are great. 

yes. enjoyed this as well

Spoiler

though i kinda got tired with how every-one of those people was such an asshole- especially that guy with 5 girlfriends who he kept like a cult around him. by the end i just wanted to see them all in prison even that one lady that allegedly killed her husband

19 hours ago, Nebraska said:

yes. enjoyed this as well

Hide contents

though i kinda got tired with how every-one of those people was such an asshole- especially that guy with 5 girlfriends who he kept like a cult around him. by the end i just wanted to see them all in prison even that one lady that allegedly killed her husband

oh definitely, they're all horrible in various ways. not a single hero in the story (some people were mostly just tragic though, and saff seemed genuinely goodhearted, along with a few other g.w. zoo workers). doc antle is a classic cult leader. bizarre and cruel. his arrogance put him on a whole nother level of shithead though. the false indignation from all the ringleaders is incredible.

i 'member when i was around 18-20 i knew a few animal lover girls my age that had come across craigslist ads for working & living at "cat rescues" and seriously considered it. none of them bit, but yeah. at the time i don't think it struck me as being much stranger than something like wwoofing, really. 

and man.. it was surreal watching joe get attacked and (as multiple people pointed out) no one even *tried* to help him. not a single person. he could have died right there. WTF.

Edited by luke viia

Third season of Castlevania was good. They've got some great writers. Can't be easy to make a cartoon fantasy cast relatable, but some of the banter is perfect. I personally could have done without the sex scenes, but otherwise, A+ fan service

Just finished The New Pope.

It has an ending. Bit too much, I reckon, but as endings go it wasn't bad.

But it really nicely dialed up the Weird (tm), pictures were gorgeous and there was lots going to keep entertained by. 8/10 would recommend.

On 3/25/2020 at 8:07 PM, luke viia said:

Tiger King is a hell of a ride, lol. I had a coworker recommend it to me bc I had loved Wild Wild Country so much. Both are great. 

Looks interesting. That Joe Exotic guy was in a Louis Theroux episode about dangerous pets, funny fellow. 

12 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Caught about ten mins of this show this morning.

That bloke should be in the what does the world think of merka these days thread, pretty much distilled yee-haw horror with a dash of lavender. Utterly surreal. That lass with the cat prints too. Imagine sharing a joint with her? Brrrrrrrrrr

Hitler's Circle of Evil - 9/10

This has been on my Netflix List for years and lazily started to watch this not expecting much, but was quickly hooked in. Really excellent. Concentrates on the closest of Hitler's political allies, and how they came into conflict with each other. From the beginning to the end. Highly recommended.

• Thanks 1

• did i already review DARK? anyway, started of pretty promising, but then by the 3rd or 4th episode they decided to end each episode with ludicrous musical montages... :facepalm: by the 2nd season it just kept repeating itself and the end was atrocious... of course shit was expected from a show about time travel but damn that was annoyingly far-fetched... and where did that mole come from?

• kidding s02 - pretty fun for the most part, 1 episode in the middle was pretty boring but then it went full steam... season finale tore me apart...

• curb your enthusiasm s10 - felt that sometimes he's out of ideas and some ideas seem forced but he insists so much on them that i can't help but lol

• gonna start watching new series of COSMOS, psyched!
Edited by Tim_J

On 4/1/2020 at 11:11 AM, beer badger said:

Hitler's Circle of Evil - 9/10

This has been on my Netflix List for years and lazily started to watch this not expecting much, but was quickly hooked in. Really excellent. Concentrates on the closest of Hitler's political allies, and how they came into conflict with each other. From the beginning to the end. Highly recommended.

+1. watched it maybe 3 times. 

• Like 1

Tiger King is something, Awful people the all of them. But fun to watch. It's fascinating seeing the angles people use to con people. 

re-watching s01 of altered carbon to go straight to s02...

damn apart from all the cheesy looks and tropes, it's stupid as hell, or else it thinks we the viewers are stupid... i know nobody will remember this and definitely not gonna re-watch it but in the beginning of the 1st episode, they're all in a room with their new bodies watching and hologram giving them an introduction on how everything works, and he offers a cigarette to an old woman which looks at it with disgust... right after that they show those people meeting their parents, friends, etc, and some people are not happy with the new bodies they got... so, ends up that the old lady who doesn't like cigarettes, is a skin for a 6 years old girl... LOL wtf did they put a 6 years old girl on Alcatraz? why did they did the transfer of a 6 years old girl in the prison, why not getting the body outside and transfer it some other place... :facepalm:

another thing, so you go to prison and your sentence is like 200 years, but you're asleep?? wtf are you gonna learn in prison if you're asleep? LOL most people would pay for it... i would, to see this world in 200 years from now... :facepalm:

another thing, the big guy who pays him to investigate his murder, does an upload of his memory every 48 hours to a clone that's somewhere i don't recall where right now, but the thing is, if you're uploading the stuff to your empty clone, he ends up with a clone with his memory, duplicating himself... i don't think these guys really thought about the logistics of these little details at all... :facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:/:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

i also finished i'm not ok with this, but i guess i was ok with it... main character was extremely annoying at the begging, definitely intentional, but it got better as it went along... i was confused cause int the 1st episode when the therapist give her the diary she asks if she could use the phone instead so i amused that the show took place in the present day but then i started looking at the clothes and whatnot and all seemed a little bit twin peaksy, the high school, the baseball jackets, the jeans, the soundtrack, etc, i'm a dummy...

it's an embarrassment isn't it. you know how netflix has a fetisch orange/blue gradients? it's like hbo has the same thing but with alternate timelines