IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

^ yes. the last 2 episodes have had that BB level of intensity. really good writing. and the actress playing Kim is just killin' it with her performance. she went from being slightly annoying in the earlier seasons to a total bad ass.

can't wait to see how this all wraps up! although it's going to suck knowing we're probably going to get a major cliffhanger after next episode, followed by a year or longer wait...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim_J said:

is american horror story that good? i remember watching the first seasons when it came out but didn't keep up with it cause it was extremely silly as most horror stuff nowadays... what changed? it's been 10 seasons already, is it worth to catch up? is it canonical?

It has not fundamentally changed. It's still silly but it knows it's silly. I only watched a few of the seasons, pretty much at random. I enjoyed the last one but I don't feel a burning need to watch any of the others at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm I must be honest I struggled with the first episode of Dark (struggled as in not switching it off!) I will persevere though. I could feel the grumpy cynic in me itching to condemn it, but I'll stick with it for a few more episodes.

*spoiler*

I've watched all but the last 2 episodes of Tiger King. Once I got over the hilarious absurdity of it all, it started to make my flesh crawl. The whole thing is a like a real life horror story. Everybody in it is a reptile, and that's everybody. The whole environment and people make my stomach churn to be honest. No word of a lie I actually woke up last night 3 times from nightmares with that freaks facing (JE) leering at me! Fuck that, I don't actually know if I can finish it to be honest, that's how disturbing I find it. The episode when one of his husbands shoots himself in the head, the freakshow funeral and then the new husband? It's just sickening, and probably as much as I need to watch. I might finish it off in a few months time but I don't need another night of dreaming about that creepy cunt. Even the feeding of those Tigers with all that food from the garbage bins at Wallmart just makes me feel ill and depressed.

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 11:00 AM, Tim_J said:

started watching locke and key yesterday and got pretty disappointed, the plot is kind of okayish but the execution was pretty dull... everything is handed to you in a silver platter... costume and set design were also pretty bland... by the second episode i stopped paying attention and started watching cat videos on instagram... then i looked back again and...

Reveal hidden contents

the kid was using the key on himself...

that arouse my interest again so i guess i'm gonna give it another try...

wait what? this is actually petty cool, episode 3 is where it's at... that escher vapor wave mall is bonkers, now i'm hooked!

Edited by Tim_J

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

lol punky brewster. wonder who the target audience is now. kids or people who watched it as a kid, coming back to stare at the milf she turned into.

1 hour ago, chameleonday said:

LOST.jpeg

Man I loved that show, until maybe Season 4, maybe 5...can't remember. I keep thinking I should revisit it, but the last 3 seasons or so it just becomes silly. Maybe one day....

Edited by beer badger

Twin Peaks 3. I would judge on episode. The whole thing was kind of ok. Some episodes were amazing. Sound design was great.  Lacked the typical Lynch oomph for me. 

44 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Man I loved that show, until maybe Season 4, maybe 5...can't remember. I keep thinking I should revisit it, but the last 3 seasons or so it just becomes silly. Maybe one day....

Just finished it. Seasons 1-3, the set up. 4-6, the mindf*ck. Originally watched Seasons 1-3 via Blockbuster DVD by mail service (Most people don't remember that is how Netflix started, DVD by mail), moved to California, and wasn't able to watch live. I rewatched 1-3, and finally finished it. I cannot think of anything else that would grip me the way this show has. I do like Stranger Things, but Season 3 entered jumping the shark territory. Hopefully they can course correct.

Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days.jpg

13 hours ago, marf said:

Twin Peaks 3. I would judge on episode. The whole thing was kind of ok. Some episodes were amazing. Sound design was great.  Lacked the typical Lynch oomph for me. 

B7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 9:42 PM, Tim_J said:

it's back!!! :^D

Are these any fun? I remember falling asleep to the first one.

3 hours ago, Gocab said:

Are these any fun? I remember falling asleep to the first one.

well, it doesn't get better, i liked it from the start... brydon is the silly one and coogan is the serious one, kind of like the dynamic between gervais/merchant and pilkington... 

Tales from the Loop was a nice change to the usual sci-fi that is around. Slower paced and more about the atmosphere than the pewpew and the aesthetic was great as I've liked Stålenhag's art ever since I first bumped into it.

Zerozerozero I binged in a couple of days, very good series about getting a large shipment of cocaine from Mexico to Italy following all three parties involved, the cartel, the broker and the 'ndrangheta. from the same writer who did gomorrah 

just started david simon's new series the plot against america. an alt history show about a jewish family in a america where a nazi sympathizing  charles lindbergh becomes the US president.

• Like 2

just finished locke and key, it's pretty cool, not very good, but cool nonetheless, could definitely go without all of the filler drama and crammed it into a 5 episode show... a lot of facepalm dynamics between the characters, sloppy acting and unconvincing plot moments... anyway, still pretty enjoyable...

started watching tales from the loop, two episodes in and i'm loving it, there's also a lot of drama, even maybe more than locke and key, but this is classy, well done and heavy, it's inherently intertwined to what's going on... it's the kind of show that i really didn't wanna have something bad to say about it but, yes there's a but, i'd love more saturation/contrast in the color grading, i know this is subjective taste but i really like extra colorful cinematography and this show lacks a bit on this matter... colors are a bit washed-out and pale... how much i would love to see those robots and those 80's/70's set designs with vivid colors like stranger things/chappie... oh and also the soundtrack, i mean, it's a beautiful theme song with lots of variations but damn, it plays too many times, and the song is so epic that it ends up being distracting... anyway i believe this is going to be one of my favorite series in a while...

Living with yourself is actually pretty good too, i though it was going to be pretty silly and cringe comedy but it turned out very feet on the ground. It resembles a lot of kaufman/gondry... Never really was a big fan of paul rudd but he's exceptionally great in this...

btw, this new wave of shows reminded me of goonies... stranger things, locke and key, tales from the loop, adventure/sci-fi/mystery with kids/teenagers so i went to imdb hoping to find lots of old stuff of the same kind and the only thing imdb suggested was ET and some other movies that don't quite fit the bill... feel free to suggest some stuff!

Edited by Tim_J

On 4/17/2020 at 6:36 PM, oscillik said:

DEVS is fucking great, best thing Alex Garland has done so far.

Ex Machina was pretty good, if it's anywhere near that or better then i'm interested. 

i've started watching 30 Rock for the second time as lunch viewing and it is really great. first season is such high quality comedy.