IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 4/14/2020 at 11:17 PM, sweepstakes said:

OK, so I have this thing where I like having a kind of dumb show on in the background while I write code or edit samples or something. Something juuust short of insulting my intelligence... 

Quantum Leap

tv lunch 10min browse:

Wicked Tuna - can’t a surprise storm just drown all these cunts?

Tiger Cunt - .

Snake City - those tits have to be false. You want them to get fanged, but that’s the tease. And those tattoos. Bite those tattoos, snakes, so they get all permanently discoloured.

I found Tiger King deeply unsettling. Real car crash television, but it made me feel like a five-year old inadvertently listening in on a party full of crooked, dirty, disgusting adults and realizes that grown-ups are really animals. My soul is wounded, and part of me wishes I'd never watched it. And I'm not a sissy either; when it comes to horror movies, I can stomach just about everything, but truth is just so much sicker than fiction.

• Farnsworth 1

34 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I found Tiger King deeply unsettling. Real car crash television, but it made me feel like a five-year old inadvertently listening in on a party full of crooked, dirty, disgusting adults and realizes that grown-ups are really animals. My soul is wounded, and part of me wishes I'd never watched it. And I'm not a sissy either; when it comes to horror movies, I can stomach just about everything, but truth is just so much sicker than fiction.

It made me want to join Al Qaeda

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

the outsider, on episode 5. Kind of a Bob thing happening. Wish David Lynch paired up with the creator to make an actually good twin Peaks 3

19 hours ago, species8472 said:

yeah, its the real deal. best thing i've seen in a long time.

initially i couldn't decide whether it was somewhat of a tech-bro parody or not, but they really redeemed themselves with the messiah thing and the ending

Too-Hot-To-Handle-Netflix-710x323.jpg

my wife and i have been watching this show about a group of horny singles on an island who must avoid having sex with one another in order to win $100k. sounds simple enough until you factor in they're all  supposedly "very good looking" and desperate for attention. quality entertainment 

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Too-Hot-To-Handle-Netflix-710x323.jpg

my wife and i have been watching this show about a group of horny singles on an island who must avoid having sex with one another in order to win $100k. sounds simple enough until you factor in they're all  supposedly "very good looking" and desperate for attention. quality entertainment 

I didn't find them "very good looking" enough, which rendered the whole point of the show moot, and therefore decided not to watch. But I've read that it's currently one of the most-watched shows on Netflix.

1 minute ago, IDEM said:

I didn't find them "very good looking" enough, which rendered the whole point of the show moot, and therefore decided not to watch. But I've read that it's currently one of the most-watched shows on Netflix.

wasn't aware it was so popular- but it definitely suffers from that paradigm of "doing too much". in this case, everyone keeps talking about how much sex they have, and all the girls regurgitate the same chorus of not being well read and shallow that they all come off as not sincerely in the degenerate lifestyle that they're trying to present whilst the production is too careful to leave no doubt in your mind that this "is not a serious show" 

with that said, i appreciate the fact that they went to such length to create such a base show simply for the fact that they needed something else to add to the library of overpopulated mediocrity in the first place

30 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

wasn't aware it was so popular- but it definitely suffers from that paradigm of "doing too much". in this case, everyone keeps talking about how much sex they have, and all the girls regurgitate the same chorus of not being well read and shallow that they all come off as not sincerely in the degenerate lifestyle that they're trying to present whilst the production is too careful to leave no doubt in your mind that this "is not a serious show" 

with that said, i appreciate the fact that they went to such length to create such a base show simply for the fact that they needed something else to add to the library of overpopulated mediocrity in the first place

Did you ever catch the show 90 Day Fiance?  My wife and I watch that one together and love it.  The filmmakers do an interesting job giving you unadulterated trash mixed in with the actual dilemma the show is based upon.  Since my wife is from Germany we sort of went through a tiny bit of it so that's obviously an added pleasure.  The only thing that kills its fun occasionally is knowing for a fact that a scene is completely and utterly scripted to the core.

I was almost intrigued at the first mention of Too Hot to Handle, even though I hate reality shows, but the following posts have now officially turned me away from it. I'm not trying to watch reality shows, but my girlfriend likes this trash (including 90 Day Finance) so I thought maybe it would be one we could watch together. But nah. I just really hate the format and the people in these types of shows. It's all such bullshit and kills braincells. 

On 4/18/2020 at 6:38 PM, azatoth said:

Zerozerozero I binged in a couple of days, very good series about getting a large shipment of cocaine from Mexico to Italy following all three parties involved, the cartel, the broker and the 'ndrangheta. from the same writer who did gomorrah 

Thanks for the heads on this one. I'm really enjoying it. 

Parks and Rec is doing a new Zoom themed episode like SNL did recently:

https://deadline.com/2020/04/parks-and-recreation-cast-reunites-one-time-nbc-benefit-special-pandemic-1202916556/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

18 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I was almost intrigued at the first mention of Too Hot to Handle, even though I hate reality shows, but the following posts have now officially turned me away from it. I'm not trying to watch reality shows, but my girlfriend likes this trash (including 90 Day Finance) so I thought maybe it would be one we could watch together. But nah. I just really hate the format and the people in these types of shows. It's all such bullshit and kills braincells. 

My girl watches anything with the word "survival" innit, lol

The new host of the Bob Ross show is pretty good, he does take 60 min. to complete a painting, but he's mastered the technique and throws in a Bobism here & there for entertainment:

On 4/20/2020 at 3:10 PM, Tim_J said:

On 4/14/2020 at 10:17 PM, sweepstakes said:

OK, so I have this thing where I like having a kind of dumb show on in the background while I write code or edit samples or something. Something juuust short of insulting my intelligence..

Quantum Leap

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1

Just finished ozark season 3. Great show. Lots of good characters making big mistakes, but that kinda is what makes it work.  I can’t believe we have to wait until 2022 for season 4 (at the earliest), especially after that cliffhanger. 
I was thinking that the show has a lot in common with what works best about game of thrones. Family shit. Power plays, survival strategies. Backstabbing. 
I actually much prefer this show to GOT, not that you can really compare them on much else. 
The actors that play Ruth and Ben are really fucking good. 

tales from the loop - just finished this, it was disappointing, ended up being mostly drama/romance stories, with little few sci-fi, sci-fi was basically just setting the mood and some aesthetics... not that it was bad it's just that i didn't sign up for this... even the writing could have been more original, pretty easy to predict what was coming most of the time...

devs - way more interesting, although some times it was too cool for it's own sake... honestly i didn't like the ending, felt like it came out of nowhere... the talk in the dam tied a knot in my brain, don't know if i understood it correctly, seemed important...

the servant - went into this expecting nothing... i'm 3 episodes in and having a lot of fun... :rubs hands: i like how shyamalan set up the directing in the first episode, cool angles and camera moves, meticulous stuff... i also think the dynamics between the characters are extremely believable and while it's not a comedy i lol quite a bit...

Edited by Tim_J