IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Jack Ryan is very silly and makes the effort to be realistic but of course isn’t.

Most of the time being a spy involves finding people that do horribly illegal things and letting them get away with it so you can follow them and assess the bigger picture from a distance, which would be terrible for audiences.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 11:21 PM, chenGOD said:

When you get to the South Korea episode of Parts Unknown, let me know what you think. One of my friends helped show him around. 

Hey dude I watched that South Korea episode again (this season is pretty great with Miami, Scotland and Madagascar) it's one of my favourite episodes. I love the military dude in the tent doing his online show with hilarious hat (very funny chap). Which one is your friend?

Edited by beerwolf

2 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Hey dude I watched that South Korea episode again (this season is pretty great with Miami, Scotland and Madagascar) it's one of my favourite episodes. I love the military dude in the tent doing his online show with hilarious hat (very funny chap). Which one is your friend?

I can’t remember if Joe actually made it on camera but he wrote about the experience here:

https://zenkimchi.com/diary/bourdain-in-korea-behind-the-scenes/

He’s a good writer. 

• Like 1

I'm on Season 7 of Walking Dead

Wow I've been smashing this out. Even though you lot seem to hate it, I fucking love it. I think from Season 3 to 7 it improves massively. Of course now I've met the legendary Negan (what a hoot!) and Daryl has just escaped his capture (so the boys are back in town!)

The trick with this is that I have the skip button. There are sometimes epic lengths of tedious boredom which I can navigate through. I can tell when it's arrived and I just fuck it off. Sometimes there are huge chunks of nothingness that kill the buzz. Whizz through those and it's all good. 

• Farnsworth 1

Finished Killing Eve season 3. I've enjoyed it but wouldn't mind if the series ended. Not that this season was bad but maybe it's run its course. Just learned on IMDB that a 4th season is coming though. 

Finished up season 2 of Sex Education and we really enjoyed that one. Highly recommended.

Started Homecoming on Amazon Prime. I thought it was a long-format series (45min/1hr), so that's a little disappointing as I like something that takes up a little bit more time. Anyway it seems interesting, we watched 2 episodes. I'm not sure my girlfriend was into it though, so we'll see.

Just about all the series we've got going right now are short ones, so I'm looking for another long one to add for daily viewing. Not sure what it'll be yet.

Looks tolerable? I've pretty much given up hope on new sci fi tv series, although the Mandalorian was the best thing since forever.

Watchmen, What We Do In The Shadows, The Midnight Gospel, Killing Eve, Star Wars Rebels. Watched these during quarantine and on.

10 hours ago, Gocab said:

Looks tolerable? I've pretty much given up hope on new sci fi tv series, although the Mandalorian was the best thing since forever.

The expanse, try it, at first it feels horrible but it ends up being pretty addictive... 

• Like 1

Seen it! It's good, but last season was a bit eh... off?

Tales from the loop had potential, but damn that was some tedious twillight zone-light stuff. Looked great though.

Currently giving Penny Dreadful a go while working,  because I should like this sort of thing, but it's kind of shite. Pompous soap opera, with some gothic horror lumped in for good measure.

Oh yeah, watched Dimension 404, really bad Black Mirror wannabe, also some Weird City, which is really uneven, but some of it is tolerable, goofy Black Window "comedy" series I guess? Don't even get me started on the new Amazing Stories, how can it turn out so bad? 

Got old outer limits and amazing stories lined up in my home office work and watch queue, because this newish stuff just isn't worth it.

Edited by Gocab

Tales from the loop had potential, but damn that was some tedious twillight zone-light stuff. Looked great though.
Currently giving Penny Dreadful a go while working,  because I should like this sort of thing, but it's kind of shite. Pompous soap opera, with some gothic horror lumped in for good measure.
Oh yeah, watched Dimension 404, really bad Black Mirror wannabe, also some Weird City, which is really uneven, but some of it is tolerable, goofy Black Window "comedy" series I guess? Don't even get me started on the new Amazing Stories, how can it turn out so bad? 
Got old outer limits and amazing stories lined up in my home office work and watch queue, because this newish stuff just isn't worth it.
Penny dreadful it really is shit.
I was so disappointed.

I was excited before it came out and was also filmed in Dublin.

But no after 2 eps of shite I gave up

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

I just finished breeders s01
I quite enjoyed it and also made me feel good about my self.
He's such a shit father and I'm glad that I'm nothing like him

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Gocab said:

yeah tales from the loop was too sappy... what a waste of tasty vfx and set design...

have you watched any of these? i did back then but quit after some episodes cause there was way more cool things to watch and there wasn't so much free time but i'm thinking of watching them proper now...

MV5BMjA4MTEyMzcwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTIwODczNTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpgMV5BNGMzMWFiODMtMmM3Yy00OGQ5LWExZTAtY2VjZDY1ZTliMzNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4MjkzNDk@._V1_SY1000_SX800_AL_.jpg

I gave up on sense8 pretty quickly, wasn't really feeling it. 3% I don't think I've ever heard of, but the staggering amount of barely watchable trash on Netflix has turned me off watching anything that looks less than stellar.

I have started watching Dark, seems very decent.

33 minutes ago, Gocab said:

I have started watching Dark, seems very decent.

starts really fucking great but by the second season it turns itself into a major shitstorm...... what'cha think about those montages with corny songs in the end of each episode? lol