IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Binged the first 2 seasons of Haikyuu!! on Netflix, then 3rd season and first half of season 4 on Crunchyroll.  It's anime about a hs volleyball team. And I am eagerly anticipating the rest of season 4 that's due in July.  Shoyo Hinata is my spirit animal.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

Binged the first 2 seasons of Haikyuu!! on Netflix, then 3rd season and first half of season 4 on Crunchyroll.  It's anime about a hs volleyball team. And I am eagerly anticipating the rest of season 4 that's due in July.  Shoyo Hinata is my spirit animal.  

watch ping pong by masaaki yuasa!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

is this a fictional doc?

it's a reboot of a docuseries of unsolved crimes, events or strange and explained phenomena/history that was the cornerstone of late 80s-early 90s american television. above reboot looks like it's more concerned with current unsolved crimes and/or events 

Edited by Nebraska
  • Thanks 2

Jesus, did anyone do "I Know This Much is True" on HBO? Mark Ruffalo does double duty as a twin set. It starts off very good, which hooked me in. Holy fuck I wound up laughing by the end because I've never seen something be so unrelenting in its misery. It verges on satire with how hard it goes. That said--Mark killed it, the direction was great and I fully predict Emmy nods coming his way. 

4 hours ago, xxx said:

Jesus, did anyone do "I Know This Much is True" on HBO? Mark Ruffalo does double duty as a twin set. It starts off very good, which hooked me in. Holy fuck I wound up laughing by the end because I've never seen something be so unrelenting in its misery. It verges on satire with how hard it goes. That said--Mark killed it, the direction was great and I fully predict Emmy nods coming his way. 

I've seen the first two episodes, which were excellent.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 7:56 PM, Enthusiast said:

I'm watching the newest season of Billions. It's very dumb and I might hate it.

I watched the first two episodes of the latest season and I want to erase them from my memory. It feels like they changed writers, and decided to make all the characters as completely irredeemable assholes. 

The missus got a Netflix account, and she’s never seen Stranger Things so we’re watching that. It’s just as good on the rewatch so far. 

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

The missus got a Netflix account, and she’s never seen Stranger Things so we’re watching that. It’s just as good on the rewatch so far. 

I was just about to post in here— I just watched all three seasons over again in succession.  I remember hating Season 2, but on the re-watch it wasn’t bad at all.  Just as great as 1 and 3.   Great show with a lot of suspense along with nasty and freaky / horror shit going on.  Also just enough comic relief that really makes you love the characters.  A+ in my book.  

9 hours ago, tec said:

Did you guys never see any 80s films or was this all new to you?

I was born in 74 so I saw lots of 80s films. What’s your point?

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:
11 hours ago, tec said:

He's just replacing/missing Eugene... 

Edited by Tim_J

21 hours ago, lyst said:

I was just about to post in here— I just watched all three seasons over again in succession.  I remember hating Season 2, but on the re-watch it wasn’t bad at all.  Just as great as 1 and 3.   Great show with a lot of suspense along with nasty and freaky / horror shit going on.  Also just enough comic relief that really makes you love the characters.  A+ in my book.  

I haven't rewatched it, but I hated S02 too. Pacing felt way off, like they were permanently retarding for the sake of retarding and then suddenly rushing the finale, which had some cringey stuff too, as far as I remember. Just not a lot going on at all until the last episode or so. And man,  I hated fucking Emo Eleven so fucking much.

S03 was better, maybe my favorite so far, but all in all I find the whole show quite middling and not really deserving of the hype. The humor is not exactly my cup of tea either, a bit too mainstream/forced I guess.

The nostalgic side of it is somewhat nice, but wears off quickly, and there's just not a lot of substance under it IMO. There's worse things to watch, I guess, but I just don't get excited over it and don't really see what the fuss is about. It's... okayish?

It also made me realize what an incredibly shitty actress Winona Ryder is. Never noticed when I was younger, or maybe she just wasn't as bad. But she sure is bad now. Man, so bad.

12 hours ago, tec said:

Yeah, maybe I'm just too old or just have seen better, dunno. I remember kind of liking Super 8 though, but not why.

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I think you know so I can’t be arsed to explain. 

59 minutes ago, tec said:

I think you know so I can’t be arsed to explain. 

Literally no idea mate. Unless you’re talking about all the dross that came out in the 80’s, and how a lot of it sucked compared to television now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IDEM said:

It also made me realize what an incredibly shitty actress Winona Ryder is. Never noticed when I was younger, or maybe she just wasn't as bad. But she sure is bad now. Man, so bad.

Hah.  I first noticed she was a horrible actress in Mr. Deeds.  Like you truly have to be putrid at acting to be the worst actor in an Adam Sandler flick.

Haven't rewatched it but as far as I'm concerned the show has been getting progressively worse with each season. They should've called it quits after season 1.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:01 PM, Tim_J said:

starts really fucking great but by the second season it turns itself into a major shitstorm...... what'cha think about those montages with corny songs in the end of each episode? lol

Hey, I loved season 2. Can' wait to start s3 on Saturday.  Addictive as hell, and really great they are wrapping everything up.

Watched a lot of 80's horror of late. A lot of door opens to other dimension. Window breaks into other dimension. Still , damn entertaining though

The mandalorian - what a pile of boring childish crap... there's no story... sloppy dull fight scene choreography, machine guns and explosions... the mandalorian behaved like a true ignoramus rex... couldn't care less about any of the characters... not even the fantastic vfx could save this trash...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 5/17/2020 at 12:48 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

As far as the Mandalorian, I think it looks great and I like all of the Easter eggs and everything, but my problems are more basic story and character issues. In any of the other Star Wars films, you had characters that were empathetic and well-developed right out the gate. This show isn’t really like that at all.

I understand that a certain element of this show is a redemption story, but (as far as basic storytelling goes), it doesn’t work for me to watch a helmet with a cool guy voice for 6 episodes (I’m only 6 deep and plan to finish) acting like a hypocritical, mansplaining tough guy and blowing away jawas. As far as development goes, I’ve only gathered that he won’t take off that helmet and his reputation precedes him... and that he’s a “foundling” (but I disqualify the rapid flashbacks as character development... so his trauma of seeing his parents killed or whatever is lost by the fact I can’t see the damn expression on his face for the whole show but that’s just me tho).

+1

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tim_J said:

The mandalorian - what a pile of boring childish crap... there's no story... sloppy dull fight scene choreography, machine guns and explosions... the mandalorian behaved like a true ignoramus rex... couldn't care less about any of the characters... not even the fantastic vfx could save this trash...

Did you use to have a different profile name? It says you’ve been a member for years but I’ve not noticed you before.