IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

25 minutes ago, iococoi said:

500px-Jerry.jpg

Along Twin Peaks and Simpsons S02 to 09, the 3 TV Shows I could watch on repeat, like, forever.

Anyway, any new / recent series you guys would recommend ? I'm always on the hunt for a nice one, but haven't found anything new that caught my attention. I've yet to watch most recent Fargo season, and I'm quite curious regarding Devs and On becoming a God in Central Florida (trailer was pretty good, totally forgot about that one). Watchmen and Midnight Gospel were the last really nice one I've watched, didn't click with The plot against America's 1st episode (maybe I should give it another shot).

Watching X-Files for the first time in decades, and I'd say for the first time "properly" (as I watched it as a teen in the 90's with French voiceovers etc...). Pretty good so far.

9 hours ago, Nil said:

Watching X-Files for the first time in decades, and I'd say for the first time "properly" (as I watched it as a teen in the 90's with French voiceovers etc...). Pretty good so far.

i'm re-watching this as well. i really dislike some of the episodes eg fresh bones and terma. the storyline with krycek always starts off interesting but always ends up disappointing. 

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

What TV series are you watching at the moment?

This triggers my OCD every single time. It's just like "A few albums recently listened". :fail:

21 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

what's wrong with that one?

Preposition's missing. You can watch a TV series, but you can't listen an album.

Sorry, I'll go hide in mom's basement and self-flagellate again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I've been thinking about going back and watching some early 2000s Asian horror films lately, so the timing of Ju-On: Origins on Netflix was optimal. Only three episodes deep, but it's sufficiently creepy if you're drawn to this sort of thing. Pacing is pretty tight so far, episodes are only 30 minutes long and pack in a lot of stuff. The ghost/spirit looks kind of silly (standard pale long haired woman) but screen time is minimal, and her toes are decent.  

End credit clip and song is excellent.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gocab said:

I've been thinking about going back and watching some early 2000s Asian horror films lately, so the timing of Ju-On: Origins on Netflix was optimal. Only three episodes deep, but it's sufficiently creepy if you're drawn to this sort of thing. Pacing is pretty tight so far, episodes are only 30 minutes long and pack in a lot of stuff. The ghost/spirit looks kind of silly (standard pale long haired woman) but screen time is minimal, and her toes are decent.  

End credit clip and song is excellent.

Sweet, was not aware of this. 

I am really liking that Perry Mason thing on HBO. Full of great character actors and everyone on point. And the visual style on this is very slick, like they updated a classic noir film to color. and the music is great too.

• Like 2

Started watching the Japanese/British crime drama Giri / Haji on Netflix this week. Pretty good! Recommended. First episode is mostly Japanese with subtitles for the set-up, but it seems to be mostly English going forward. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 4:24 AM, Nil said:

I've yet to watch most recent Fargo season

I really wish they hadn't stopped after 3 seasons! I really, really enjoyed that series. Just looked up on IMDB to confirm that there wasn't another one planned, and it actually does show S4 with titles for the first 2 episodes, a description for the 1st, and thumbnails for all episode placeholders. But no dates. Very confusing. Ah ok, Wiki coming through with better info:

"The upcoming fourth season is set in 1950 in Kansas City, Missouri, and features a cast led by Chris Rock, Jason Schwartzman, Jessie Buckley, Ben Whishaw, and Timothy Olyphant. The season was scheduled to premiere on April 19, 2020, but it was delayed indefinitely after production was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/episodes?season=4&ref_=tt_eps_sn_4

It's not great, love the visuals and the locations and set design (in London, the savage stuff in the US was pretty terrible, thankfully didn't last very long). It's focused way too much on sex and made it into a silly love story too, should have been more focus on soma and the other social and political stuff, they also shouldn't have changed the story with the mother. I think I'm also getting a hint at a really terrible twist coming up, hope it doesn't go the way I think it might. 

• Thanks 1

Finished Kingdom (Netflix, Korean series). Two seasons. Looks gorgeous, with old timey Korean costumes and buildings and stuff. It’s also well written, but Korean so the outbursts can be a bit much. Zombies were awesome, much better than Hollywood zombies: fast, powerful and available in exceptionally large numbers. Recommended.

AnW7B3iLgWrAABOZ4EIEXrrjxbx.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1