IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

master of none - got to rewatch this cause back then i only watched season 1... apart from the soppy romantic episodes there's some good fun... some episodes from the 2nd season made me truly laugh out loud... at the same time couldn't help but feel that it's pretty naive somehow... also, i love tim and eric but eric is not a good actor for this, his lines were hilarious but he simple couldn't deliver... after some time i got used, but it was a bit cringy watching him portraying a normal dude...

the trip s04 - i dunno whats up with these two but i flol all the time, they're the perfect match cause they complement each other... coogan is a self centered narcissist while brydon is a laid back goofy dude... they're constantly trying to humiliate each other while travelling around countries eating out at restaurants...

spacer.png

Recently finished it. This guy was a real piece of work. Good show.

spacer.png

I was reluctant to start watching this show and now I feel like I was an idiot for not jumping in right away. Great show. Super original. Great performances. Smart writing. Watch it. New episodes on HBO every Monday, y’all. 

... and while waiting for new ones...

spacer.png

... Quite good. True crime hedz jump in.

Edited by J3FF3R00

watched Castle rock season 2, which was okayish, better than season1.

I also lasted 30 minutes into Cursed, oh netflix, why u suck so bad :facepalm:

23 hours ago, Gocab said:

watched Castle rock season 2, which was okayish, better than season1.

I also lasted 30 minutes into Cursed, oh netflix, why u suck so bad :facepalm:

Haha, I wanted to say the same; Frank Miller's involvement prompted me to give this a try, but it's cheesier than fucking gorgonzola. The intro was so cringey already, and then I didn't make it through the first scene. So bad. It actually made me respect FM a bit less, even though the collaboration probably didn't extend far beyond his contributing a couple of illustrations for the novel this is based on. Still, to lend your name to something like this ... yikes.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:52 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone watching Brave New World?

23DA5622-5347-47BD-887F-AE271B539B71.jpeg

In the UK we have a discount clothing shop called Peacocks, sorta like Primark pre makeover. When you go in, your life expectancy drops by a few years due to the feeling of impending commercial doom. 

https://www.peacocks.co.uk/

How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast).

There are good shows on Netflix, and this is an example of one. Clever, contemporary, and doesn't take itself too seriously, which makes it genuinely funny. S02 picks up where S01 ended and is just as entertaining. Definitely worth a try.

• Like 1

Started The Great. It is very silly and superficial but there’s so much going on I’m driven to keep watching to see where this is going. Also, it looks gorgeous.

It’s a show about the life of Catherine the Great - if Catherine the Great had the personality of a pretentious American teenager. There’s tons of people of all sorts of color running around at the Russian court and because the makers *can* show lewdness they feel they *must* - lots of it. Still, it’s fun.

And I’m a sucker for costumes.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 2:23 AM, rhmilo said:

It’s a show about the life of Catherine the Great - if Catherine the Great had the personality of a pretentious American teenager. There’s tons of people of all sorts of color running around at the Russian court and because the makers *can* show lewdness they feel they *must* - lots of it. Still, it’s fun.

Really it's just about one part of Catherine the Great's life. Her first marriage to Peter the III. Seeing as the point of the show is a comedy, I thought this was a brilliant choice. That part of her biography is ripe for comedic parody.

With that said, I would love some epic historical biopic/miniseries on Catherine the Great's whole life. And yeah that would need a very different tone.

On 7/28/2020 at 4:26 AM, Gocab said:

Looks really silly tbh, but I'll still watch it.

Did you edit your post? Could have sworn you wrote shitty instead of silly... 

Anyway...

HBO’s “Watchmen” landed the most nominations of any series, securing 26 nods... 

0d940e6e8d13004bfb633985ff68c9b0.gif

Edited by Tim_J

Started Fargo from the beginning.

Season 1 was watchable/enjoyable to a point but there were definite bouts of yelling at the tv for bad writing (ie: "why the fuck would they do that?" of "this makes zero fucking sense"), here and there. Billy Bob was great in it.

Just got into S2 and I'm expecting more of the same but I hear people say it's better than S1, so we'll stick with it.

4 hours ago, dr lopez said:

no emmy rossum nude scenes, no deal

Ohhh, didn't realize she was out for good (?) after last season. Somehow didn't notice she wasn't in the first s10 episode.

23 hours ago, onecaseman said:

Finally finished The Americans.

that show is definitely in my top 10, no, top 5 shows ever. I've been waiting for the right time to do a re-watch. I only re-watched S1 right before S2 came out, haven't done the whole thing. for me it's a winter show. must be the NE setting and bleakness of a lot of the weather in it.