IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 7/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, caze said:

Re-watching Justified. Timothy Olyphant is a cool motherfucker. On to season 5 already, thanks to lockdown.

Dewey Crowe’s four kidneys are too funny. Underrated show. Always makes me long for a bourbon. 

• Haha 1

I’m FUCKIN NINE episodes in on season two of Fargo. This show is nowhere near as good as people say. I thought S2 was supposed to be better than S1. Not the case. 
I plan to check out S3 but this season is dumb. It’s like some millennials read an article about what a 70s period piece is supposed to be like and made it based solely off of that article and without ever seeing any other 70s period films/shows. Also, TONS of bad cliches, hazy character development and bad writing. And nothing happens. Everything takes 3 episodes of bad dialogue and pointless/meandering split-screens to get to an event where something actually happens. How did it get 100% on Rotten Tomatoes??

Also... UFOs???

spacer.png

Edited by J3FF3R00

finally finished watching DARK... started as one of the most promising sci-fi tv shows of the decade and ended up as one of the major shitstorms of the century...

Spoiler

same problem as LOST, should have finished by the end of s01... perfect show till then...

2nd season was alright and then it started sacrificing its quality just for the sake of the wow factor, introducing ADAM... wow dude far out... by the end, as if things weren't bad enough, here comes Martha, from a 2nd world/dimension...

3rd season new dimension/martha/eve world was a major uninspired facepalm... the countless similarities between the 2 worlds were laughable and embarrassing... the ripped photo, the camera shots, the one-eyed cop was missing an arm??? flol...

lets not forget the 2nd to last episode which starts with the schrodinger's cat, quantum entanglement and superposition... cringeworthy af... what am i? 15?

after so many twists and turns and hearing the phrase Was ist this and Was ist that for the thousand time it turns out that the origin resides in a third world/dimension within the watchmaker scientist which was one of characters with less screen time on the show? who the hell cares about him and his son?

when martha and jonas travel to the 3rd dimension i honestly thought that they were gonna be the ones causing the car accident, that they would gonna appear in the middle of the road and baaaaammm, car crash... and it was pretty close... would have been so much cool...

and why specifically those characters for the last supper? do you guys get it? i don't... anyway, perfect world... nobody is cheating on each other... no discrimination of trans people... one-eyed jack eye is looking way better... i dreamed about the DARKNESS... and everything was so much simpler...

4 hours ago, iococoi said:

watching the first episode right now.

it's like an animated version of the orville- basically, people trying to do trek (something/anything) but not really getting there. in this case, the closest they get is the opening title sequence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

kanye west no GIF

Fargo really does wipe the floor with Breaking Bad. Only season 4 and 5 of BB really can really compare with any season of Fargo. 

I’m nearing the end of Fargo S3 and I will admit that this season is WAY better than the others. S1 was ok but I honestly still don’t really understand what anyone liked about S2 except maybe Patrick Wilson and Ted Danson. 
Still, the comparison to breaking bad isn’t exactly balanced. I wasn’t even the biggest BB fan (I actually turned it off either near the end of S1 or the beginning of S2 and had friends nearly beg me to keep going, and I’m glad I did) but the formats are obviously totally different. 
BB is one storyline with the same characters and Fargo is more of an anthology with essentially unrelated chapters (save for a few characters that coincidentally happened to drift through, here and there). 
The main reason I’m liking Fargo S3 better is because there is more time committed to genuinely likable characters  (as in the characters in the world of the story are written as being likable people). For me, that really holds a lot of weight over just about anything else in any show. BB started grabbing me more when Jesse started becoming the protagonist. Up until then, I was like “why should I want to turn on a show to watch a bunch of assholes?” That sort of thing is why I can’t make it too far in most shows. For example, I couldn’t get past the first episode of Succession because I was like “everyone in this show is a rich asshole, why should I care?”  But that’s just me!

On Season 9 of Walking Dead. If you remember a few of us were talking about it not so long ago. I guess I became a fan of this show (seeing as I'm almost done!). Glad I have spin offs too watch.

I tried watching Mindhunter which on paper ticks all the boxes but in reality was so fucking dull. Can't work out the mountain of rave reviews about it. I think I made it to episode 6 before pulling the plug on it. So, so, so dull. It's about serial killers! Why is it so fucking dull! 

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I’m nearing the end of Fargo S3 and I will admit that this season is WAY better than the others. S1 was ok but I honestly still don’t really understand what anyone liked about S2 except maybe Patrick Wilson and Ted Danson. 
Still, the comparison to breaking bad isn’t exactly balanced. I wasn’t even the biggest BB fan (I actually turned it off either near the end of S1 or the beginning of S2 and had friends nearly beg me to keep going, and I’m glad I did) but the formats are obviously totally different. 
BB is one storyline with the same characters and Fargo is more of an anthology with essentially unrelated chapters (save for a few characters that coincidentally happened to drift through, here and there). 
The main reason I’m liking Fargo S3 better is because there is more time committed to genuinely likable characters  (as in the characters in the world of the story are written as being likable people). For me, that really holds a lot of weight over just about anything else in any show. BB started grabbing me more when Jesse started becoming the protagonist. Up until then, I was like “why should I want to turn on a show to watch a bunch of assholes?” That sort of thing is why I can’t make it too far in most shows. For example, I couldn’t get past the first episode of Succession because I was like “everyone in this show is a rich asshole, why should I care?”  But that’s just me!

Season 3 was my favorite. Lots of stupendously amazing scenes in that. Season 2 was just a great season of TV, I’m not sure what’s so objectionable about it. 

When I started season 1 I expected to hate it because of the quirkiness and then Billy Bob shows up and just slays. Overall, the series has a tone and attention to detail, humour, characters that I don’t see matched by many other shows. I should do a rewatch at some point. 

7 hours ago, azatoth said:

Perry Mason finished and it was indeed a great piece of television. Hopefully they can keep it up for the second season. Recommended if you haven't yet watched it.

There's something about this that's keeping me away. Seems kind of cheesy? I don't know. I liked the main actor, Matthew Rhys, in The Americans, he seemed like not the best actor but it fit the role and the style of the show quite well. Not sure what to make of him in Perry Mason. Maybe I'll give it a shot someday. 

Continuing with season 3 of Narcos: Mexico and season 10 of Shameless as time permits (watching these alone). Started Snowfall on Hulu with the girlfriend, and it's good. Bit more violent than we expected, but we're enjoying it.

Just binged The Umbrella Academy.  Had an enjoyable time watching it but the tropes involved with time-travel based shows / film are mind-numbingly annoying, repetitive, and predictable.

I'm gonna start watching Vikings pretty soon. Looks like my cup of chai. Think I might also start running with Fargo (I usually have 2 programs running simultaneously) as watmm speaks highly of it.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:13 PM, sidewinder said:

There's something about this that's keeping me away. Seems kind of cheesy? I don't know. I liked the main actor, Matthew Rhys, in The Americans, he seemed like not the best actor but it fit the role and the style of the show quite well. Not sure what to make of him in Perry Mason. Maybe I'll give it a shot someday. 

Continuing with season 3 of Narcos: Mexico and season 10 of Shameless as time permits (watching these alone). Started Snowfall on Hulu with the girlfriend, and it's good. Bit more violent than we expected, but we're enjoying it.

After watching The Americans, I watched some interviews with the actors and thought Matthew Rhys seemed more believable on the show than as a whimsical Welsh guy in real life. So I’m going to watch Perry Mason next.