IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

20 hours ago, yekker said:

Binged stranger things and loved it. Any modern shows on netflix that I'd like if I liked stranger things?

Have you seen all the 80s films that inspired it? Should take you less time to watch than a couple of mediocre shows, and probably a lot more rewarding.

Dark is good though, but not very stranger things like at all.

Edited by Gocab

3 hours ago, lyst said:

Locke and Key.  

Awesome thanks.

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

And i guess also DARK to some extent? 

I'll check that out too.

17 minutes ago, Gocab said:

Have you seen all the 80s films that inspired it? Should take you less time to watch than a couple of mediocre shows, and probably a lot more rewarding.

That's an idea.. :cisfor:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

Yeah here are my thoughts, way to convoluted just for the sake of being convoluted... I mean it's impossible to follow unless you watch like 10 times with a notepad and a pen in your hands... And it never brings anything new... It's just twist/revelation after twist making you realized things like oh the bad guy is a good guy after all... And in the end it's just an enormous family tree loop revealing as it goes... Ends up being really cheesy as well... I was mainly disappointed cause i really liked the 1st season...

same problem as LOST, should have finished by the end of s01... perfect show till then...

2nd season was alright and then it started sacrificing its quality just for the sake of the wow factor, introducing ADAM... wow dude far out... by the end, as if things weren't bad enough, here comes Martha, from a 2nd world/dimension...

3rd season new dimension/martha/eve world was a major uninspired facepalm... the countless similarities between the 2 worlds were laughable and embarrassing... the ripped photo, the camera shots, the one-eyed cop was missing an arm??? flol...

lets not forget the 2nd to last episode which starts with the schrodinger's cat, quantum entanglement and superposition... cringeworthy af... what am i? 15?

after so many twists and turns and hearing the phrase Was ist this and Was ist that for the thousand time it turns out that the origin resides in a third world/dimension within the watchmaker scientist which was one of characters with less screen time on the show? who the hell cares about him and his son?

when martha and jonas travel to the 3rd dimension i honestly thought that they were gonna be the ones causing the car accident, that they would gonna appear in the middle of the road and baaaaammm, car crash... and it was pretty close... would have been so much cool...

and why specifically those characters for the last supper? do you guys get it? i don't... anyway, perfect world... nobody is cheating on each other... no discrimination of trans people... one-eyed jack eye is looking way better... i dreamed about the DARKNESS... and everything was so much simpler...

Edited by Tim_J

On 8/17/2020 at 3:04 PM, Gocab said:

Shut up tec! 

Oh, it's you Gocab... ?

I thought about making a thread about this not long ago:

• E.T. 
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • Goonies??? 
  • Short Circuit??? 
  • D.A.R.Y.L.
  • The NeverEnding Story

I think I'm missing the target here...

what's that one where they experiment on apes and a scientist wants to save one of them? not planet of the apes obvs...

edit: ahhh found it... it's Project X...

Edited by Tim_J

On 8/17/2020 at 11:01 PM, Tim_J said:

dark is only good for 1 and a half season... the rest is pure rubbish...

My wife and I couldn’t make it past episode two. Terrible show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Shut up tec! 

Oh, it's you Gocab... ?

I thought about making a thread about this not long ago:

• E.T. 
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • Goonies??? 
  • Short Circuit??? 
  • D.A.R.Y.L.
  • The NeverEnding Story

I think I'm missing the target here...

what's that one where they experiment on apes and a scientist wants to save one of them? not planet of the apes obvs...

edit: ahhh found it... it's Project X...

yeah, E.T., Stand by me, The Gate, the monster Squad*, Goonies*, Gremlins, Poltergeist, night of the creeps*, night of the comet*, the explorers*, maybe Fright night and the breakfast club. Just throw return of the living dead and an american werewolf in london in there for good measure because they're awesome, but not really related, you need some fun stuff in the mix.

I marked the shite but charming ones with a star. I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff, but that's what popped out the top of my head.

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, iococoi said:

mindhunter s1,s2 rewatch

overall i liked it, it's chill, at least in s01, where instead of a show about catching serial killers it was mostly about studying them... the fast dialogue between the main leads was a bit cringe worthy at first but it ended up adding some quirkiness to the show which was a good thing...

i felt that s02 kinda lost its charm cause they started actually chasing bad guys... and that end, i dunno, felt rushed and incomplete?

I'm watching Lovecraft Country and I like black people they're so nice oh wow but what is this and why

• Like 3

415x240.jpg

kind of enjoying this. there is a lot of fluff and animation that tend to be distracting, and the information is gleamed over pretty quickly, but nice to hear from some people i never knew about 

49 minutes ago, Gocab said:

I'm watching Lovecraft Country and I like black people they're so nice oh wow but what is this and why

Yeah I'm not a racist... I even have a black friend... 

58 minutes ago, caze said:

especially disliked the stuff with his son being a weirdo, felt very shoehorned in.

+1

Spoiler

Yeah what a cringe when she told him in the end of that episode... The look on his face lol

Edited by Tim_J

5 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

415x240.jpg

kind of enjoying this. there is a lot of fluff and animation that tend to be distracting, and the information is gleamed over pretty quickly, but nice to hear from some people i never knew about 

Yeah, just started this too, first episode was v. nice. I could watch old arcade/vintage video game docus for days. Good stuff.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gocab said:

american werewolf in london

• Teen wolf as well... 
  • Flight of the Navigator
  • Batteries not included 
  • Cocoon
  • What's that one where they shrunk a guy in a ship and he goes inside a body of a guy? 
  • Honey i shrunk the kids... 

Maybe I'm diverging a bit to nostalgia territory now...

Edited by Tim_J

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:
  • Teen wolf as well... 
  • Flight of the Navigator
  • Batteries not included 
  • Cocoon
  • What's that one where they shrunk a guy in a ship and he goes inside a body of a guy? 
  • Honey i shrunk the kids... 

Maybe I'm diverging a bit to nostalgia territory now...

Innerspace 

• Thanks 1