IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I'm finishing up Kidding, really really really good. If you like eternal sunshine..., this is has a similar vibe, and the same director (episodically). loving it/10

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gocab said:

I'm finishing up Kidding, really really really good. If you like eternal sunshine..., this is has a similar vibe, and the same director (episodically). loving it/10

Try living with yourself next if you haven't already... 

• Like 1

Finished Years & Years. Don’t believe the hype. It’s a train wreck and an embarrassment to the people who made it. It’s like the worst of the Guardian op ed pages had a love baby with a bucket of stereotypes and the result was cut into pieces and randomly spewed out over a series of East Enders episodes.

Truly mindboggingly awful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Finished Years & Years. Don’t believe the hype. It’s a train wreck and an embarrassment to the people who made it. It’s like the worst of the Guardian op ed pages had a love baby with a bucket of stereotypes and the result was cut into pieces and randomly spewed out over a series of East Enders episodes.

Truly mindboggingly awful. 

29 minutes ago, Gocab said:

Thanks for the warning

Beware that Rhmilo is frequently wrong about absolutely everything:)

On 8/21/2020 at 12:30 AM, Gocab said:

I'm watching Lovecraft Country and I like black people they're so nice oh wow but what is this and why

I mostly have no idea what the hell is going on in episode 2 of lovecraft country, but damn if that wasn't some enjoyable tv.

homecoming s01 + s02 - stylish af with a mysterious gripping plot... what a soundtrack as well... loved it!

the witcher s01 - i just watched it cause i have nothing else to watch... most of the time pretty boring except when there are fights lol, i honestly can't stand period pieces and castles and elves and stuff like that...

westworld s03 - i don't know which is more dumb, me or this show... got me so frustrated cause i think i wasn't understanding most of it but it could be the other way around, maybe this show is really poorly written and quite silly...

undone s01 - what a disappointment, created by the same team of bojack and tuca & bertie... starts of quite interesting, then it gets pretty trippy but ends up feeling too soppy and generic... ? anyway, there's gonna be a second season so lets see where's this going...

Undone Poster

Edited by Tim_J

On 8/25/2020 at 4:24 AM, kichiguy said:

I mostly have no idea what the hell is going on in episode 2 of lovecraft country, but damn if that wasn't some enjoyable tv.

That 2nd episode was :blink:

It felt like there were HUGE chunks that were edited out. It felt almost like that one episode could have potentially been 4 or 5 episodes but was smooshed into one hour, causing some fairly weird story and character developments. It also ended with what felt like could be a season finale ending, but I guess it makes me wonder what they have planned for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1

I tried watching season 2 of Altered Carbon again with a bare minimum of expectations, because I want some Total Recalish dumb and fun sci fi in my life, but it's just too damned terrible. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 2

Punisher - Standard dumb Marvel show but just about right to have in the background while I'm working. I wish they would have explored the construction crew dynamic a little more, that was more interesting than the CIA shit.

Farscape - Never watched it the first time around, but I love the shameless campiness of this show and the writing is surprisngly good, albeit in that wink wink cult sci-fi kind of way.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

That 2nd episode was :blink:

It felt like there were HUGE chunks that were edited out. It felt almost like that one episode could have potentially been 4 or 5 episodes but was smooshed into one hour, causing some fairly weird story and character developments. It also ended with what felt like could be a season finale ending, but I guess it makes me wonder what they have planned for the remainder of the season. 

Same, it was entertaining though. I'm back in. Seems they're doing the anthology thing, but with the same cast all the way through? It's going to be a mess.

Edited by Gocab

Anyone into American Horror Story? I’m not usually a big horror fan, but from what I’ve seen from it so far (first two seasons, the haunted house one and the asylum one, and the start of the third season, the witches) is ace.

It’s, of course, full of cliches and worn out tropes but there’s so many of them and the speed at which they get shoved down your throat is so great that in itself becomes the attraction.

Also, the production value is really high. Plots are really good, too.

28 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Anyone into American Horror Story? I’m not usually a big horror fan, but from what I’ve seen from it so far (first two seasons, the haunted house one and the asylum one, and the start of the third season, the witches) is ace.

It’s, of course, full of cliches and worn out tropes but there’s so many of them and the speed at which they get shoved down your throat is so great that in itself becomes the attraction.

Also, the production value is really high. Plots are really good, too.

I really loved the first season. After that, I tried getting into S2 and S3 but it didn’t click. It might be that I kept comparing them to S1. I’m willing to go back and try again at some point. Great cast. 

Back to lovecraft country... started ep 3 and was into it! Unfortunately I was too tired to finish but it felt back on track. 

It's pretty fun now that I don't expect it to have anything at all to do with H.P. Lovecraft.

• Like 1

Think I'm on episode 5 (S1) of Fargo. It's good, with potential to be great, but just good at the moment. I like it the more I watch it.

Edited by beerwolf