IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Five episodes into Fargo, never watched it because the movie is fine and I thought this had to be some real bullshit, but hey, turns out it's both decent and funny.

• Like 1

yeah i don't like him either... but the rest of the team is gold...

Series Directed by 

Jonathan Krisel    

Series Writing Credits  

Fred Armisen    
Tim Heidecker    
Jonathan Krisel    
John C. Reilly    
Edited by Tim_J

John C Reilly is a fantastic actor.
Fred Armissen can be as cringey as cringey Larry David imo. Not in the same way obviously but in equal proportion. And sometimes hilarious. YMMV of course.

Watched S1 of Castle Rock and was mostly impressed until the end. It felt a bit like they didn’t exactly pay off on what was established, but it was a fun ride. Good performances, all around. Looked good too. Not exactly scary, but a little  creepy. 
Started S2 and it is a tad uncomfortable watching someone clearly model a performance off of another superb actor’s academy-award-winning, brilliantly crafted character (Kathy Bates). The imitation aspect just makes me cringe. I guess that is a tricky spot because the character is clearly iconic and has a rich backstory that has potential for TV gold. We’ll see how the rest of S2 goes. 

one of my biggest problems with him is that he is heralded as a crackerjack impressionist. when in fact he's very bad at impressions. even at rob brydon level where the impression is a caricature. he;s even bad at that. and it's certainly not funny 

36 minutes ago, iococoi said:

Eidxo3mWAAAfA2e?format=jpg&name=small

Oh nooo. The curse of 2020 strikes again.
The Dark Crystal was such a weirdly unique and imaginative show.
Maybe Netflix cancelled it cause they think it didn't attract enough new subscribers?
Maybe they want to produce more cheaper reality-TV shows. I dunno.

jim henson 80s GIF

Edited by MaartenVC

I think it got cancelled due to the costs of production, and probably didn't perform up to Netflix's expectations.

Still working my way through The Office (Season 4) and watched the first episode of Raised by Wolves. Ridley loves his androids, eh?

On 9/18/2020 at 9:17 PM, Silent Member said:

It's ok!

The situation/conversation usually goes like this....

Alright Steveo, have you heard of The Umbrella Acadamy?

Yes I've heard of it and I've heard it's rather good.

Yeah it's really, really fucking odd like the music you listen too. You'll love it!

I'll take that as a compliment you dumbass fashion-victim sheep dimwit!!!!!

(the last line is in my mind as I smile politely)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, iococoi said:

Netflix's The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance has been canceled after one season

what part of resistance don't those puppets understand?

• Haha 1