IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

How to with John Wilson. Only two episodes available over here so far, but I'm having a very fine time with it. Life before Covid-19 seems like a distant memory by now, so this hit the spot. It's good. 

1 hour ago, scumtron said:

How is Fargo s4 so far?

sorry I can't answer this, but am also curious to see if anyone here has checked it out yet. the reviews for s4 have not been as kind as previous seasons. figured I'd wait until they've all aired, then try it all at once.

• Like 1

Just finished watching both seasons of The Boys. It's an interesting doin on the superhero genre where most super heroes are actually cunts. Also the "British" characters have Australian accents, despite trying hard to sound cockney. Very entertaining!

• Like 1

i'm such a newbie in this streaming services business... been founding lots of sites to watch shit for free... this site is a pretty good way to browse streaming services... here's a link for the free stuff...

https://reelgood.com/source/free

31 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

i'm such a newbie in this streaming services business... been founding lots of sites to watch shit for free... this site is a pretty good way to browse streaming services... here's a link for the free stuff...

Woah, this site is great. Not just to find free stuff (as I pay for Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, and Amazon anyway), but for searching, recommendations, wish-listing, etc. Really great interface.

Edited by sidewinder

spacer.png

3 episodes in and I’m hooked. Not perfect, by any stretch. I’d say pretty good, but not great. Still, very watchable. I basically feel that anything with hugh grant is worth a dive. He’s killing it in this so far. 

15 hours ago, Tim_J said:

thanks, that's a great resource. I have a roku tv that I would usually use the search function for stuff, it had somewhat of the same function as that site.

but a lot of those free streaming places are packed with ads. some seem to be worse than others. nothing more annoying than watching the same 3-4 shortened commercials every 10-15 minutes or so. first world problem, but still.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

3 episodes in and I’m hooked. Not perfect, by any stretch. I’d say pretty good, but not great. Still, very watchable. I basically feel that anything with hugh grant is worth a dive. He’s killing it in this so far. 

He's really aged in this one! 

On 11/5/2020 at 3:01 PM, scumtron said:

How is Fargo s4 so far?

damn, didn't even know they'd wrapped production on s4, let alone started airing episodes! haven't seen any promo for it.

looks like it's not available here in the uk yet but channel 4 will get it at 'some point'

Damn, well maybe you can watch crashing when you're done with crashing. It's pretty good/funny if you like stand up things.

Started watching the sopranos recently and holy hell has it lived up to the hype. There are some laughable bad sfx moments but the writing.... so incredible. Also the dream sequences are *chefs kiss*

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Acedia said:

Started watching the sopranos recently and holy hell has it lived up to the hype. There are some laughable bad sfx moments but the writing.... so incredible. Also the dream sequences are *chefs kiss*

Tony’s Mother’s head on a double’s body goes down as the worst Sopranos FX, but they were scrambling after she unexpectedly died.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyst said:

I've been trying to get into Star Trek Discovery but it's a bit hard.  I'll be interested for 10-15 minutes per episode and then completely lose interest.

It's total garbage, I was hoping the new season might be better thanks to the jump into the future, at least they can stop fucking up the original timeline. But no, it's still garbage. The writers are just all terrible, the dialog is cringe inducing, and every moment of every episode is imbued with needless import, there's about 6 inspirational speeches per episode, everything operates at 100%, so when they need to ratchet up the tension there's nowhere left to go, and as a consequence it ends up being interminably dull. I mostly watch it while browsing twitter at this point.

What isn't total garbage though is The Queens Gambit, which is instead really good, excellent writing and top performances from everyone. Looks great too. Anya Taylor Joy is like some kind of weird sexy alien too, which is nice.

Edited by caze
  • Thanks 1