IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

it's good the episodes are less than 30 mins, but to be honest even that is stretching things to the limit. the 2nd episode was better than the first one.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:28 PM, Tim_J said:

I think I'm gonna wait for season finale to watch it in bulk

There are so many inside references in every episode, it takes me several analysis videos to find them all, but the terribleness of episodes 1-2 was part of the aesthetic. It also will tie into Doctor Strange & the Multiverse of Madness. Possibly: 

Spoiler

Skrulls as well

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 8:46 AM, sidewinder said:

Watched the first episode of Search Party on HBO. Jury is still out.

spacer.png

Haven't been in this thread for a bit, but wanted to follow up on Search Party. After 3 episodes, my girlfriend and I still weren't sure whether we should continue or not. Some of the characters were annoying and it wasn't going anywhere. We decided to keep going as we were invested...and boy are we glad we did. This show is fucking great. All caught up now with the current season, 4. Always nice to start a show when there are already several seasons out. Highly recommend this one. 

spacer.png

Enjoying the What We Do in the Shadows series more than the I did the movie, although I really like Jemaine Clement and wish he was in this. At times it feels like it's trying too hard, but for the most part, I dig it.

spacer.png

Also been watching Big Love on HBO. In season 3 out of 6 right now. It's not great, but interesting as the mormon and polygamist lifestyles are foreign to me. And we're invested. Haven't found another hour-long drama we both want to watch so we're continuing.

Also enjoyed How to With John Wilson as others have mentioned, but all caught up. Strong Nathan For You vibes, which makes sense Nathan is executive producer. Only thing I don't like about it is that I get a feeling that John is faking his awkwardness a bit. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But it's good content nonetheless. 

spacer.png

Oh I just remembered I finally started watching Jett with Carla Gugino. Watching it on my own as my girlfriend didn't seem interested, so only watching about an episode per week at this point. Only 3 in. It's not bad, I feel like I would enjoy it more if I didn't use my phone as much while watching, and if a week didn't go by between episodes. Nice eye candy of course.

11 hours ago, sidewinder said:

spacer.png

Enjoying the What We Do in the Shadows series more than the I did the movie, although I really like Jemaine Clement and wish he was in this. At times it feels like it's trying too hard, but for the most part, I dig it.

It gets better as it goes on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09343x5

The Investigation

I have been watching this true-crime drama, pretty good. A slow paced 6 parter but I like the science involved and it highlights the frustrations of the police and their imperfections.  

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

gf decided to watch Fate: The Winx Saga (2021-...) cause she used to watch Winx Club as a kid.
Well, it's absolute shite. Complete and utter trash. The writing is abysmal. The dialogue is unreal.
Some real quotes form the first episode:
• "Quit perving on the first years."
• "Must be emasculating to be replaced by a teenage girl."
• "I have to be a basic bitch like my mom was."
• "She’s crazy hot but the emphasis is squarely on crazy."
• "- I mean, it's five girls in an enclosed space, so it's a matter of time before we descend into a Lord of the Flies situation and kill each other. - Lady of the Flies, sweetie. Don't be sexist."
• "Don't you feminist with me."
• "How very American of you. Shall we?"
• "And yet I saw no less than three people updating their Insta stories."
• "Are you the one person in the universe who's never read Harry Potter?"
• "People have seen me in this outfit already."
• "I'm literally your biggest fan."
• "Probably shouldn't have said arsehole in front of the headmistress!"
• "I literally went out earlier today."

• Facepalm 1

Might be behind the curve here but I took out a subscription to Shudder and have enjoyed Blood Machines (for both the heavy visuals and the stupendous soundtrack), and am now working through the French sci-fi series Missions.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:25 PM, Tim_J said:

Any recent animated series worth watching? 

Archer s11 was really good, on par with earlier seasons.

I believe there's a second season of Tuca & Bertie to be aired on Adult Swim in 2021 too. Could be great, I loved the first season.

• Thanks 1

Watched season 1 of Mr Robot thought it was fucking excellent. Watched second season of Mr Robot thought it was okay but ridiculously hard work to wade through. Had a break and now going to start season 3. Hopefully it will be better than 2....

On 1/26/2021 at 11:30 AM, sidewinder said:

Also enjoyed How to With John Wilson as others have mentioned, but all caught up. Strong Nathan For You vibes, which makes sense Nathan is executive producer. Only thing I don't like about it is that I get a feeling that John is faking his awkwardness a bit. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But it's good content nonetheless. 

he's definitely faking the awkwardness a bit. he was on tim heideckers podcast a month or so ago and they talked about this. he's generally a pretty awkward person, but it's definitely more of a persona on the show.

i like the show but the voiceover awkwardness bothered me a bit for some reason.

• Like 1

Been on a vampire and zombie kick.  Watched all of the series Van Helsing- it was alright nothing to ring home about.

A season and a half into Fear The Walking Dead though and I love it.    Which is surprising because I really didn’t like the original walking dead.   This one just seems way better in all aspects, story, production, music.   

The Expanse: Been a huge fan of the show. This season's just all right so far.
WandaVision: I actually dig it quite a bit. Creative and mysterious.
The Boys: Finished the first season and really liked it. Second season kind of weak so far, but only a few episodes in.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:51 AM, beerwolf said:

Watched season 1 of Mr Robot thought it was fucking excellent. Watched second season of Mr Robot thought it was okay but ridiculously hard work to wade through. Had a break and now going to start season 3. Hopefully it will be better than 2....

Season 3 is great, some say that it brings some needed context to Season 2. Season 4 is fucking amazing, a total payoff for watchers of the series and somehow manages to still surprise - though I think that's secondary to the absolutely wonderful resolution of these characters, most of whom are finding ways to emerge from being broken by life in interesting and truly moving ways. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Season 3 is great, some say that it brings some needed context to Season 2. Season 4 is fucking amazing, a total payoff for watchers of the series and somehow manages to still surprise - though I think that's secondary to the absolutely wonderful resolution of these characters, most of whom are finding ways to emerge from being broken by life in interesting and truly moving ways. 

Cool. Appreciate your insight because Season 2 was like an endurance test. I was sitting through it thinking to myself 'you will not defeat me' 'I will finish you' ?

• Like 2