IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Actually quite liked Season 5 of the Expanse. I mean, I've liked them all but this felt like a big step up from 3 and 4. Dominique Tipper is great this season, especially from about the mid-point on. 

The dude who plays Marco Inaros is too pretty, I dunno.  I guess I can buy him as a raging narcissist leading a cult of personality, but he looks like he'd be too focused on his skincare routine to cause a solar system of trouble?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Cool. Appreciate your insight because Season 2 was like an endurance test. I was sitting through it thinking to myself 'you will not defeat me' 'I will finish you' ?

? I feel you... I even felt that a little bit during S3 but nowhere near as often as S2... and, from hindsight, S4 is such a homerun (IMHOP) that I wished I'd started earlier/had S3 more fresh in my mind going in to it (all the seasons actually). You are in for a treat!

• Like 2

Just chiming in to agree with the above sentiment re Mr. Robot.

It fell flat plenty of times in S2 & 3 but when it works it's a great show and one of the few truly creatively ambitious TV shows in recent times.

Definitely worth sticking with it for the whole ride. Enjoy ?

• Like 2

WandaVision. Glad I waited to watch up until this point, as I can imagine watching the first 2-3 episodes week by week would be maddeningly slow. Feels more like a long movie than a TV show in a lot of ways, pretty much in love at this point. 

Spoiler

The Evan Peters Quicksilver shit just fucking awesome. Like, no idea where they are going to go with it, but as a way of introducing the fact that they now have access to the X-Mean universe was brilliant. Also, I love Evan Peters so any chance he'll be around for even one more episode is awesome. 

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

About half way thru Fargo S4, does it get any better? This seems to be the most bland season so far.

No it’s a real stinker. You can stop watching it now and you won’t be missing out on anything. Waaay too many characters, no plot.

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

About half way thru Fargo S4, does it get any better? This seems to be the most bland season so far. I’ve heard True Detective S3 is like that.

Not the best season, but there is one episode near the end which is one of the best they’ve ever made - think it’s episode 9. Rabbi and Loy’s youngest on the run.

Aside from that, I hate to say I was pretty let down by S4.

19 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

No it’s a real stinker. You can stop watching it now and you won’t be missing out on anything. Waaay too many characters, no plot.

What happens to the nurse 

Went through a lot of the Amazon shows as I got a free trial to watch The Expanse. Finished The Boys, and it was solid. Now working on Jack Ryan, which based on the pilot I liked better than Patriot or Tales from the Loop.

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

This Britney Spears doc is almost unwatchable. Gen Z has their Tik Toks out, and they don’t like how Britney is treated. Seems like a manufactured controversy for publicity.

528C8EE4-E2D8-40BB-B1A3-D6B3723177CE.jpeg

watched this last night with the wife.

i noticed, the britney fans have a similar mindset to the qanon breed of trump supporters in that, they see "coded messages" in her instagram post messages and believe she is communicating with them. there was also the various fans claiming she had "changed their lives" by allowing them to become "who they are" and therefore, they were now indebted to her- similarly, trump supporters felt trump had been "fighting for them" and thus, they had to "hold the line" for him. 

there's also a great scene where "fans" have come far and wide to witness her announce her residency in vegas, only for her to walk past them without so much as a brief comment.

in the end, people get the heroes they deserve. 

• Like 1

@Silent Memberyou're the best guy to ask, in which episode does homelander do motorboat lips like not giving a fuck?

in case you're wondering, yes, this is something really important...

Edited by Tim_J

@timajick I'm sorry, but my memory is the worst when it comes to stuff like that.

lol, my apologies timajick, I accidentally.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Thanks 1