IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Might try this Supernatural. Sounds like my kind of thing. I seem to be failing miserably at finding something to sink my teeth into since Ozark (which I loved) and Narcos Mexico (which I loved)

I was unable to track it down while going to the usual places, maybe that has something to do with it. 

25 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

I was unable to track it down while going to the usual places, maybe that has something to do with it. 

Spoiler

Edited by iococoi
  • Like 1

Nice! Thank you!

Edit: This was fun, done with season 1.

Edited by Silent Member

On 3/24/2021 at 4:29 PM, T3551ER said:

Supernatural is awesome. My wife and I started watching it when the first three seasons or so were on Netflix and gradually fell in love with it over the years. I'm not lying when I say my wife has watched the entire series at least 2xs and is on another rewatch now that the last season dropped. 

It's... the first season is this great, cheesy monster of the week thing but as you get further in and the characters develop, the show starts to really hit its stride with greater mythology stuff. Jensen Ackles (Dean) is also fucking hilarious. If you stick with it there is one post-episode outtake that is one of the legitimately most amazing, hilarious, feel great about life things I've ever seen. 

Hey so I’m getting into Season 2 and the show is indeed getting better with storylines and everything.   But my main question I can’t get out of my head is how do they make money?  How can they afford all of this counterfeit badges and uniforms, all of their hotel and motel stays, going to bars all the time?  Maybe I’m just being cynical but it’s confounding me lol.  

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (2016–2017)
Based on the 1987 humorous detective novel book series with the same name by Douglas Adams, writer of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book series. BBC America produced 18 episodes starring Samuel Barnett as Dirk Gently, Elijah Wood as Todd Brotzman, Hannah Marks as Amanda Brotzman, and Jade Eshete as Farah Black.
Watching it on Netflix.
We're 3 episodes in and I must say it's really something else.
Very intriguing. I like it so far. Weird. Wacky. Pretty IDM.

192527.jpg

dg-101-6-800x450.jpg

dirk-gently-corgi.jpg

Dirk_Rowdy-3.jpg

118ac8f81870a5ce74643cbb7e6843c1.jpg

• Like 2

This is pretty good so far, it just hit Amazon in the US, so binging it. I like the issues they raise of faith in the criminal underworld, and the destructive and bleak outlook for everyone involved. There is no joy in these peoples’ lives, no matter which side of the law they are on, the narcotics trade is a black hole that sucks everything good out of everyone involved. But their rationale is it keeps the world economy moving, and therefore is a necessity.

740F3404-19C4-4070-9B3D-D202187D81EE.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, MaartenVC said:

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (2016–2017)
Based on the 1987 humorous detective novel book series with the same name by Douglas Adams, writer of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book series. BBC America produced 18 episodes starring Samuel Barnett as Dirk Gently, Elijah Wood as Todd Brotzman, Hannah Marks as Amanda Brotzman, and Jade Eshete as Farah Black.
Watching it on Netflix.
We're 3 episodes in and I must say it's really something else.
Very intriguing. I like it so far. Weird. Wacky. Pretty IDM.

192527.jpg

dg-101-6-800x450.jpg

dirk-gently-corgi.jpg

Dirk_Rowdy-3.jpg

118ac8f81870a5ce74643cbb7e6843c1.jpg

I liked the show quite a lot. A weird one indeed.

• Like 1

I've been watching The Keepers on Netflix. It's about the sexual abuse of children that happens in the Catholic church and in particular, at a girls private school in the 70s. Just a mini series I'm on episode four and there's probably a total of eight. I recommend it.

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, yekker said:

I've been watching The Keepers on Netflix. It's about the sexual abuse of children that happens in the Catholic church and in particular, at a girls private school in the 70s. Just a mini series I'm on episode four and there's probably a total of eight. I recommend it.

And with the same name (but in Russian), Khraniteli has been released... The 90s Russian adaptation of Lord of the rings has surfaced.

Looks like parts 1 and 2 are now up, with English subtitles for those who are interested!

Edit

The subtitles are hilarious, and the visuals are really psychedelic. I love this

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Thanks 1

Last week or so I settled on Better Call Saul (massive fan of Breaking Bad). From the middle of the second season to the middle of the third season (which is where I am now) went by in the blink of an eye! Most excellent. Bit of a slow start though. High ? 

7 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Last week or so I settled on Better Call Saul (massive fan of Breaking Bad). From the middle of the second season to the middle of the third season (which is where I am now) went by in the blink of an eye! Most excellent. Bit of a slow start though. High ? 

literally started re-watching this yesterday. i've given up my attempts to get into a new series, so i thought i'd go for something that i already know is the fuckin tits.

i think i probably ended up enjoying this more than breaking bad. sadly it sounds like the next (and final) season is still a long way off cos of the covids

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nebraska said:

might check this out just for janeway but i have a sinking feeling it will be lower decks level of "bah"

They’re also bringing back John de Lancie as Q for Picard season 2:

1 hour ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

literally started re-watching this yesterday. i've given up my attempts to get into a new series, so i thought i'd go for something that i already know is the fuckin tits.

i think i probably ended up enjoying this more than breaking bad. sadly it sounds like the next (and final) season is still a long way off cos of the covids

You need a bit of patience, but when our friendly chicken man from Los Pollos gets closer to appearing things begin to ratchet up ? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

i've given up my attempts to get into a new series, so i thought i'd go for something that i already know is the fuckin tits.

I find this statement entirely relatable. the amount of time I spend searching through all the different freemium channel apps looking for some new show to watch as opposed to just picking one, is deplorable. whenever hbo max launched and I got it for free, I thought this is it...I'll dive into all the old hbo shows I skipped back in the day. that has yet to happen. instead I usually end up watching some old x-files episode, or something that I've seen countless times before.

there's just too many damn shows out there. plus, I think that "they" have just made it too easy to access everything available, which is brain overkill. you have a remote, a not too costly tv connected to the internet, and you can find like any show in the world in seconds.

side random memory - I remember back 15ish years ago having to hunt through dubious foreign language websites (mostly Chinese/Russian) trying to track down an episode. that was work man. immoral possibly, but effort nonetheless. and even then, all you got was some barely 480p hack job with crappy ass subtitles. I never torrented as I was scared away back in the early 00's during the mp3 wars, when people I knew received letters from the government threatening to jail them, or something to that extent.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2021 at 10:33 AM, lyst said:

Hey so I’m getting into Season 2 and the show is indeed getting better with storylines and everything.   But my main question I can’t get out of my head is how do they make money?  How can they afford all of this counterfeit badges and uniforms, all of their hotel and motel stays, going to bars all the time?  Maybe I’m just being cynical but it’s confounding me lol.  

Haha you have to remember that this show started airing like 15 years ago, back when "plausibility" wasn't always a hallmark of visual media (particularly not a CW show).

They actually do end up explaining it though - you see them running credit card scams essentially to pay for everything. But, you know, it's def a show where it's probably best to squint a bit and not think too much on the details. Suspension of disbelief is almost a prerequisite. 

8 hours ago, Nebraska said:

MV5BMTgyOTc2MjEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTgy

not the greatest 70s toon- pretty much the jackson five animated music videos with a (very loose) story slapped in

Those are smiles of fear

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/6/2021 at 10:16 AM, zero said:

I find this statement entirely relatable. the amount of time I spend searching through all the different freemium channel apps looking for some new show to watch as opposed to just picking one, is deplorable. whenever hbo max launched and I got it for free, I thought this is it...I'll dive into all the old hbo shows I skipped back in the day. that has yet to happen. instead I usually end up watching some old x-files episode, or something that I've seen countless times before.

there's just too many damn shows out there. plus, I think that "they" have just made it too easy to access everything available, which is brain overkill. you have a remote, a not too costly tv connected to the internet, and you can find like any show in the world in seconds.

side random memory - I remember back 15ish years ago having to hunt through dubious foreign language websites (mostly Chinese/Russian) trying to track down an episode. that was work man. immoral possibly, but effort nonetheless. and even then, all you got was some barely 480p hack job with crappy ass subtitles. I never torrented as I was scared away back in the early 00's during the mp3 wars, when people I knew received letters from the government threatening to jail them, or something to that extent.

It’s so hard to remember what show or movie you were watching (although the Apple TV app helps) that I use an app called Watchlist:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/watchlist-movies-tv-shows/id1231554707

On 4/6/2021 at 10:16 AM, zero said:

I agree. It’s like Apple Music/Spotify- it’s really fucking cool, but I miss getting into someone’s car and flipping thru their cd book, or shit, even getting a mixtape. Now if someone gets into my car or vice versa it’s everything, and we both have everything, and blah blah, no limitations but still.....

As far as new shows tho- We really like that Resident Alien. It’s kind of a mix between Dexter and Eureka, or something. It has a slight cw vibe, but with a more R or pg13 rating. So far it’s been cool.

• Like 3