IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 4/23/2021 at 5:14 PM, lyst said:

At Season 5 now.  Shit's addicting as hell!  The first 3 or so seasons were a bit of a chore, like you said they were like a new cheesy monster every episode.  Now its deeply entrenched in storyline and it's great.  My wife doesn't like this kind of stuff though so she is annoyed i'm watching it all day long nonstop haha.

hahaha awesome! It really is an addictive show. I took a look back to refresh on S5 (there are SO MANY seasons) - that's a good one, and the season finale might be one of my favorite episodes ever. .. iirc they were considering making it the series finale at one point but... well, I'll let you get there. 

We're on the last few seasons right now in my wife's marathon rewatch - the show ends really strongly, and it does some interesting things to open up the characters a bit, show some interesting growth, has some innovative directorial decisions. By that point you kind of get the feeling that they don't have to worry about ever getting cancelled, so they are able to try different things/do interesting one-offs....

Anyway, glad you are enjoying!

Watched On becoming a God in Central Florida and quite liked it. Kirsten Dunst sure knows how to act, and all the Ponzi scam is quite fascinating.

About to finish Devs, one episode left. What a stunning mini-series really. Great storytelling and photography, a bunch of proper mindfucks, and Nick Offerman is absolutely amazing.

On a much lighter note, binging Superstore. Makes me laugh a lot, and it gets more cringey and cynical as seasons go (which I didn’t expect).

• Like 1

Just started watching The Serpent on Netflix. It was out on BBC in January. Only one episode in so far, but looks dark and fucking dingy and the main dude looks awful in a good way. 

On 4/3/2021 at 7:13 AM, Rubin Farr said:

This is pretty good so far, it just hit Amazon in the US, so binging it. I like the issues they raise of faith in the criminal underworld, and the destructive and bleak outlook for everyone involved. There is no joy in these peoples’ lives, no matter which side of the law they are on, the narcotics trade is a black hole that sucks everything good out of everyone involved. But their rationale is it keeps the world economy moving, and therefore is a necessity.

740F3404-19C4-4070-9B3D-D202187D81EE.jpeg

It’s great, highly accurate, and shows how banal the immorality of the drug trade is. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 2:31 PM, Nil said:

Watched On becoming a God in Central Florida and quite liked it. Kirsten Dunst sure knows how to act, and all the Ponzi scam is quite fascinating.

About to finish Devs, one episode left. What a stunning mini-series really. Great storytelling and photography, a bunch of proper mindfucks, and Nick Offerman is absolutely amazing.

On a much lighter note, binging Superstore. Makes me laugh a lot, and it gets more cringey and cynical as seasons go (which I didn’t expect).

Started watching Superstore.
I really like it so far. Absolutely hilarious.
Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 2

Almost finished the whole of Better Call Saul. An excellent show. Very pleased I decided to watch it. If any director wishes in the future to cast Satan in a film I’d suggest he would choose the man from Los Pollos Hermanos. Gus would be the man. Equally very friendly, highly intelligent and also menacing psychotic and just pure evil. He is brilliant.

• Like 3

Young Rock has become a guilty pleasure, it's mostly network schlock, but the 1982 storyline is the one that keeps me entertained. I only vaguely knew how far back Dwayne Johnson's family was involved with pro-am wrestling, but they were there before Vince McMahon even. Of course Dwayne's father and grandfather came up in the classic age of amateur wrestling, and then transitioned to mainland WWF when it blew up. But Dwayne's grandmother was maybe the post powerful woman in wrestling history, pretty much managed every wrestler on the Hawaiian islands, got deported, then came back a broken woman, and the family really struggled until Dwayne went to University of Miami, and then drafted by the NFL. The best part of the 1982 story though, is the classic 80s wrestlers who were basically the extended family of the Johnsons, it's really sweet to see the effect they had on help raising Dwayne, and Andre the Giant seemed almost like a foster uncle. They guy playing Macho Man Randy Savage is hilariously bad though.

Young-Rock-Posters.jpg

Bloodline has been on ‘my list’ for years, finally got round to season 1, I thought it was pretty cool. I kind of like programs set in quirky towns in America (like SOA and Ozark) so this was perfect.

So I guess I’ll watch Season 2.  Though without the black sheep Danny not sure how it will go.

Edited by beerwolf

watched first season of Warrior and it was so much fun. well written. good characters.. old setting but modern lingo and music and feel. well done all around. lot's of kung fu and seedy settings. 

based on writings of Bruce Lee. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 4:14 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Pretty excited, even tho the finale was probably my least favorite finale of all time, I loved the first two seasons. It’s kinda how I feel about x-files- I’m just glad when there’s new stuff from these worlds.

The guy that played “Anton Briggs” from the 3rd season was at a Wizard World comicon I went to a couple years ago (for being “Diggle” from Arrow). Anyways, I really wanted to tell him how much I thought the scene where he was recalling being “skinned” was an awesome performance. In the scene he says he heard his own voice screaming, like it was someone else’s, I thought it was really good acting. But there was this guy with a megaphone close by protesting gay marriage stuff and holding up Bible signs and all that. My son was terrified and wouldn’t go anywhere near, so I just walked by him and gave him a nod and eyed towards the protester. He looked at me with understanding and nodded like “yeah I know, that guys screwing up my shit”. I felt bad, nobody was going over by him because of it. 

Edited by Himelstein

coroner. 

i like crime series, and this is an easy watch. if you removed the slightly explicit (mostly gory) elements, which are there in the first series more than the others, it's very much like a daytime tv movie. a lot of the interesting threads and character traits or relationships are being slowly whittled out of the picture. the paranoia about childhood trauma is now downplayed, along with lots of other interesting stuff, too. what keeps me watching is serinda swan - she has a look i can only say makes far more sense with short hair than long. 

On 4/27/2021 at 11:27 PM, chenGOD said:

It’s great, highly accurate, and shows how banal the immorality of the drug trade is. 

I assume this was based on the book? ...which was great, must check it out.

5 hours ago, caze said:

I assume this was based on the book? ...which was great, must check it out.

It is based on the book, yes.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:16 AM, T3551ER said:

hahaha awesome! It really is an addictive show. I took a look back to refresh on S5 (there are SO MANY seasons) - that's a good one, and the season finale might be one of my favorite episodes ever. .. iirc they were considering making it the series finale at one point but... well, I'll let you get there. 

We're on the last few seasons right now in my wife's marathon rewatch - the show ends really strongly, and it does some interesting things to open up the characters a bit, show some interesting growth, has some innovative directorial decisions. By that point you kind of get the feeling that they don't have to worry about ever getting cancelled, so they are able to try different things/do interesting one-offs....

Anyway, glad you are enjoying!

I'm getting pretty deep now, season 9 ish.  All I have to say is thank the lord for Dean, because Jared Padalecki is one of the worst actors on earth haha.  He is so fucking bad, almost makes it unwatchable, but Dean and Castiel keep me coming back.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:03 PM, perunamuusi said:

ccf696d65ca4d7764a4bdaffbedd054d.jpg

Almost unwatchable.

Completely unmissable.

That shit was on USA for years, usually followed by Up All Night

• Thanks 1

Au service de la France / A very secret service

A French Netflix show poking fun at the bureaucratic ineptitude of the French secret service and more generally at French history. Very funny. 

Also does the Mad Men schtick were they ridicule 1960s attitudes about women, people of color and smoking except that they do it well, without any of the cringe worthy smugness that made Mad Men unwatchable.