IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Watching Sons of Sam on Netflix. Brilliant. Miles better than Night Stalker which was a huge letdown imo (why would I care about the cops marriage problems told by his wife! Lol)

So far (on episode 2) this is excellent. The occult side of the story definitely adds extra interesting ingredient. I’m a sucker for anything to do with Beelzebub.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Watching Sons of Sam on Netflix. Brilliant. Miles better than Night Stalker which was a huge letdown imo (why would I care about the cops marriage problems told by his wife! Lol)

So far (on episode 2) this is excellent. The occult side of the story definitely adds extra interesting ingredient. I’m a sucker for anything to do with Beelzebub.

I'm watching this too (Episode 3 now) and just finding it so sensationalist. Satanic panic hysteria all over this thing.

• Like 2

3e2adbef6673520df30d498945c8db7b.jpg

limited documentary series on netflix that attempts to explain david berkowitz was not the son of sam. only problem is that i'm not sure all parties involved were ready to go down that rabbit hole and you suddenly realize everyone has bitten off way more than they can chew. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kichiguy said:

I'm watching this too (Episode 3 now) and just finding it so sensationalist. Satanic panic hysteria all over this thing.

Just finishing episode 3 now. It’s a fascinating story. Even if perhaps as you say sensational. The Process and Charles Manson link I’m a bit sceptical about, and finding the bible near the murder scene seems iffy. All makes for a great book (and now documentary) though. Perfect soundtrack as well. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 9:03 AM, perunamuusi said:

ccf696d65ca4d7764a4bdaffbedd054d.jpg

Almost unwatchable.

Completely unmissable.

I distinctly remember being 13 and incorrectly thinking this would be good to stay up late and masturbate to.  I probably still managed somehow.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always a sign of a good program. I woke up at 2am this morning and had The Sons of Sam running through my head, took me a couple of hours to get back to sleep. 

Edited by beerwolf

Started watching this, but it seems to go off the rails with satanic panic bullshit and wild theories by the second episode? Completely lost me, probably won't finish it.

Edited by Silent Member

6 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Started watching this, but it seems to go off the rails with satanic panic bullshit and wild theories by the second episode? Completely lost me, probably won't finish it.

I think TM sort of disappeared down his own rabbit hole. If you see the second interview he did with Berkowitz this is clear, he’s losing sight of everything. It’s an embarrassing mess. Would of loved to visit that derelict Untermyer park sitting in ruins in NYC. Again things like that fire my imagination (I did a search on google maps this morning and did a bit Wikipedia on it this morning). All the conspiracy stories were a bit gaga but again I’m quite fond of a good conspiracy story. Throw in some Manson Family stuff and some English Witchcraft and I’m a happy bunny.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

I'm watching the Third Day (HBO) instead. Folk horror/drama with a strong dash of innsmouth vibes (plus some psychedelic imagery) Only two episodes deep, but so far it's fingering a lot of pleasure points.

• Like 4

The Bad Batch. I watch all the Dave Filoni stuff with my son, but I think they are good enough I would probably still watch most of them even if he didn’t want to. I think Dave Filoni should take over everything Star Wars.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:03 AM, Silent Member said:

I'm watching the Third Day (HBO) instead. Folk horror/drama with a strong dash of innsmouth vibes (plus some psychedelic imagery) Only two episodes deep, but so far it's fingering a lot of pleasure points.

I'm two episodes deep too! Totally getting those innsmouth vibes too. I noticed a distant relative playing the part of the preachor as well.  

Edited by kichiguy
  • Like 1

m_264014.jpg

couldn't get into this. the conversations are too quiet, characters are (almost all unbelievable except the main slave girl), no idea what's going on either (except slaves are being whipped). i'd just rather watch roots again

On 5/15/2021 at 7:23 AM, Himelstein said:

The Bad Batch. I watch all the Dave Filoni stuff with my son, but I think they are good enough I would probably still watch most of them even if he didn’t want to. I think Dave Filoni should take over everything Star Wars.

Isn't he already pretty much over-seeing the D+ side of Star Wars with The Mandalorian and the upcoming shows. He's the Feige of SW.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:23 AM, Himelstein said:

I’m trying to finish Clone Wars so I can start the new series 

23 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I’m trying to finish Clone Wars so I can start the new series 

Nice, Rebels is good, too. I really like when they incorporate these old “legends” characters into the new canon. I wasn’t really a fan of the old darkhorse stuff, or the books up until past few years. But damn, now I really love all the thrawn books and the old republic comics from the 90s like “tales of the Jedi”. 

For some reason, when I was younger I didn’t like “expanded” stuff as much. But now I’ve really gotten into the “world building” parts of it all. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 9:06 AM, Nebraska said:

m_264014.jpg

couldn't get into this. the conversations are too quiet, characters are (almost all unbelievable except the main slave girl), no idea what's going on either (except slaves are being whipped). i'd just rather watch roots again

something in this ouvre but more fantastical and slightly bizarre is "The Good Lord Bird".. based on the book which is a retelling of the story of John Brown with some entertaining fun flourishes. 

^^^ thanks. also remembered this brasilian tv series that i watched a long time ago. supposedly it was very popular (and famous) in it's native country and based on a pretty controversial book. what's different (from the much better roots) is that it mainly concentrates on the relationships on one plantation and presented as a telenovela 

3defbb06ddf001bef2c10f7f0e3c6594.jpg

16 hours ago, Himelstein said:

Nice, Rebels is good, too. I really like when they incorporate these old “legends” characters into the new canon. I wasn’t really a fan of the old darkhorse stuff, or the books up until past few years. But damn, now I really love all the thrawn books and the old republic comics from the 90s like “tales of the Jedi”. 

For some reason, when I was younger I didn’t like “expanded” stuff as much. But now I’ve really gotten into the “world building” parts of it all. 

I like how their release schedule inadvertently let them adjust the Ashoka/Anakin story from the beginning as well as the end, and then bring her into the post ROTJ era in Mandalorian. The way Rebels crossed over with everything in its finale was genius. Dave Filoni needs to direct a Star Wars movie already. I always thought they would pass the torch internally to Pablo Hidalgo or Filoni, hiring Kathleen Kennedy was a huge mistake.

• Like 1

Halston - some great cinematography, it really looks like a Cohen Bros/Tony Scott kind of color pallet. Very claustrophobic scenes of Earth tones and polyester fabrics. McGregor’s accent work is as bad as usual but he tries.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Halston - some great cinematography, it really looks like a Cohen Bros/Tony Scott kind of color pallet. Very claustrophobic scenes of Earth tones and polyester fabrics. McGregor’s accent work is as bad as usual but he tries.  

Stalked the first episode last night, will watch through.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 9:58 PM, lyst said:

I'm getting pretty deep now, season 9 ish.  All I have to say is thank the lord for Dean, because Jared Padalecki is one of the worst actors on earth haha.  He is so fucking bad, almost makes it unwatchable, but Dean and Castiel keep me coming back.

Ha, you are ripping through it! Only, like 14 more seasons to go (kidding kidding, but, man they made a lot of seasons). lol, yeah, Jared's go to move is the furrowed brow + the shrugging his shoulders up and down whenever some serious action happens. I think he gets a bit better by the end though - actually feel like on rewatch I appreciated him a bit more (though, let's face it, a lot of this show is pretty hammy). Actually, looked it up - actually think some of the stuff he does in S9 is actually pretty deece acting w/ the whole Ezekial stuff (though, the guy who plays Zeke - wtf is up with how he talks? part of me wonders if Jared Padelecki's range is so limited that his "affected angel voice" is all he can muster, so the guy who plays Zeke has to try and mimic that).

Moving into S10-> forward you're in for a treat - S11 in particular does some great stuff w/ upping the stakes that feels both logical and earned... 

fa6e28953ea3b8e93b21f1a8e348b477.jpg

i was really excited about this- then i realized it's a fully dramatized version of derbyshire's time @ the BBC (reinvented here as a large warehouse) with occasional photo and sound footage from delia. this whole production has the look and feel of a neighborhood theater play: extremely small, claustrophobic and barely informative.  

opening credits by the focus group 

• Like 1