IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

23 hours ago, Nebraska said:

5e5cd251e9fd76a0c0e60a86-large.jpg?cache

had no idea this was even coming out yesterday, but decided to check it out because of all the hoopla surrounding the showrunner

firstly: most of the voice casting doesn't work. the guy playing adam doesn't sound convinced he knows what's going on, and lena headey (playing evil-lyn) doesn't sound convincing. sarah michelle gellar is the most beautiful woman in the world so no complaints there.

second complaint is exactly what everyone is complaining about. according to kevin smith, this is based off the early 2000 cartoon because the one that anyone thinks of is owned by filmation. so anyone going into this without knowing that might be in some serious disappointment. 

I'm actually enjoying this!

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 2:30 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Finished season 1 of Ted Lasso, the gf and I liked it, Sudeikis is a buffoon, but a sweet one.  Always love seeing UK on a show.

i keep hearing this show is positive, optimistic and everyone enjoys it. i think its not for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

Ministry_of_Evil_The_Twisted_Cult_of_Ton

this was fascinating. it's like every cliche of being in a cult wrapped into one long story.

there is one particularly interesting part where the leader (big tony himself) tells his acolytes to slap the bejesus out of this kid, and each member, afraid that he would mention this transgression to God, decided to put in extra effort in the slap. by the time the third person was getting his slap in, the kids entire head was numb, she had a ringing in her ear and was completely disorientated. it was supposed to go down about 12 or so times, but barely got to the 6th guy

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, Nebraska said:

Ministry_of_Evil_The_Twisted_Cult_of_Ton

this was fascinating. it's like every cliche of being in a cult wrapped into one long story.

there is one particularly interesting part where the leader (big tony himself) tells his acolytes to slap the bejesus out of this kid, and each member, afraid that he would mention this transgression to God, decided to put in extra effort in the slap. by the time the third person was getting his slap in, the kids entire head was numb, she had a ringing in her ear and was completely disorientated. it was supposed to go down about 12 or so times, but barely got to the 6th guy

I remember feeling empathy for the Waco guys, and even moments of being charmed by the Heaven's Gate lot while watching those docus, but this pair of sinister charlatans and their schtick was entirely repulsive on every level. 

And what's more, the church is still going http://www.alamoministries.com/content/english/ 

Just started this, Cohen tries to educate the two Q-anons he lived with in the cabin on their conspiracy theories, and gets Hillary Clinton to do a video chat with them, lol

E4A25054-8054-47B1-9D76-184FA3734945.jpeg

• Like 1

Fake or Fortune. Very enjoyable indeed. Bruce and Mould undertake detective work to find out wether pieces of art are genuine or not. Highly recommend.

Edited by beerwolf

On 8/8/2021 at 2:11 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Interested to see this adaptation , I’m surprised the budget is so high. Has there ever been a show before with a 99% female cast?

I'll give this a go though. I did follow the comic for a while, lost interest halfway through. 

There's an adaptation of Wheel of Time coming this November. While I think the books are terrible now, I did enjoy them once (the first 6 books?) so I'm curious on how they'll manage this adaptation. I struggle with fantasy shows and films at the best of times, only managed the first season of GoT.

No buzz or trailer is a bit odd, considering it was supposed to come this August, and has been pushed to November. 

On 8/12/2021 at 10:50 AM, Shimon_Shimon said:

I'll give this a go though. I did follow the comic for a while, lost interest halfway through. 

There's an adaptation of Wheel of Time coming this November. While I think the books are terrible now, I did enjoy them once (the first 6 books?) so I'm curious on how they'll manage this adaptation. I struggle with fantasy shows and films at the best of times, only managed the first season of GoT.

No buzz or trailer is a bit odd, considering it was supposed to come this August, and has been pushed to November. 

Just starting to read this series now.  Was hoping to get through it before the series came out but that shit ain’t happening haha.    

300 pages into book 1 and thoroughly enjoying it.  

1 hour ago, lyst said:

Just starting to read this series now.  Was hoping to get through it before the series came out but that shit ain’t happening haha.    

300 pages into book 1 and thoroughly enjoying it.  

I was being too harsh, just a change in taste, and irritated by the diminishing returns of the books past Lord of Chaos (IMO) Book 1 is a good piece of fantasy world building. I remember the day I picked them up, I couldn't put down Eye of the World. 

Hope you enjoy it. 

Started watching Reservation Dogs (co-created by Taika Waititi) last night. Not bad! It’s really interesting to see a story set on a Native American reservation with virtually zero white people in it. Super scrappy and lovable characters. Definitely a great change of pace from the norm. I wish more shows / films told stories with underrepresented viewpoints like this. Worth a watch. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7fa8ac0e-8a7a-439b-8949-5137a48314d5_big

this is an awkward show. it's looks and plays like an 80s UFO episode from unsolved mysteries filmed in canada trying to look like it's from the 60s, despite being filmed in 96. it also has an unnecessary use of classic pop tunes from that era which made it incredibly difficult to release on DVD due to clearing all the rights, and somehow, you feel like after they did it probably wasn't worth it.

32 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Started watching Reservation Dogs (co-created by Taika Waititi) last night. Not bad! It’s really interesting to see a story set on a Native American reservation with virtually zero white people in it. Super scrappy and lovable characters. Definitely a great change of pace from the norm. I wish more shows / films told stories with underrepresented viewpoints like this. Worth a watch. 

thanks for mentioning this. was unaware of it and watched the trailer and it appealed to me 

• Burger 1

8 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Interesting. I liked Hunt for the Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows from the same writer/director.
I'll give it a watch. Thanks.

Brand New Cherry Flavour

Watched e1 last night, impressed that Netflix still take a punt on shows like this (making it kinda meta)

So many visual nods to Lynch, with mentions of Cronenburg and Verhoeven. Things get weird pretty quickly, and it feels like it could become a Mullholland Drive series with more horror.  Even the title of the show feels like a nod to Twin Peaks. So hopefully it's a homage and not a rip off as it progresses. 

Fun! 

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 3

watched the first episode of The Deuce and thought it was great. I am struggling to get through the 2nd episode. don't think I've lost interest in a show this quickly before. I see all the reviews saying this is an amazing show and makes me think I should stick with it, but...or maybe it's just that I find James Franco slightly obnoxious.

I think the problem with most David Simon productions is they introduce way too many characters very quickly, so you have all these names and faces continually thrown at you, and you're left struggling trying to make sense of it. I remember feeling that way with The Wire when I first saw it. didn't really click for me until maybe the 5th or 6th episode, because then I could remember names and character types, motivations, etc.

• Like 2

Watched Brand New Cherry Flavour, didn't like it very much. All surface and no substance, riding on the skirt tails of greater things. There's nothing to tickle the mind in here.

I binged the entire thing though, so I guess it was kind of entertaining in a fluffy way? More Wandavision than Twin Peaks.

Edited by Silent Member

I'll admit it looks very nice, but the writers and director are hacks :catcry:

Edited by Silent Member