What TV series are you watching at moment?

1 hour ago, Silent Member said:

that Dr Who remaster trailer looks terrible! did they crop a 4:3 show shot on video to 2.31:1 and just denoise and sharpen the shit out of it. disguuuuusting.

Looks like it was shot on video originally

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/david-lynch-to-write-direct-new-netflix-original-series/ !!!

I'm watching Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987–1994) with the gf on Netflix. It's surprisingly fun and addictive to watch. We like it very much. In years past I kept ignoring all things Star Tr

Posted Images

On 6/1/2021 at 9:51 AM, Silent Member said:

Thanks for the warning, looks like I won't bother.

I liked it. it's a decent detective story with a very good cast. The same internet that has pronounced this series as flawed were blowing their loads over some soft brain Marvel shit a month ago.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Looks like it was shot on video originally

Yeah, that's my point, why would you crop out the little video information that is there and blow up the image. Not to mention that you're missing half the image.

Maybe I'll give mare a shot then, after all.

Edited by Silent Member

i haven't watched any marvel cinematic universe movie or tv show

but i just watched LOKI and really enjoyed the acting and story of the first episode

anyone have an absolute favorite of the bunch that i should watch?

On 6/3/2021 at 6:51 PM, Silent Member said:

Yeah, that's my point, why would you crop out the little video information that is there and blow up the image. Not to mention that you're missing half the image.

Maybe I'll give mare a shot then, after all.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, diatoms said:

i haven't watched any marvel cinematic universe movie or tv show

but i just watched LOKI and really enjoyed the acting and story of the first episode

anyone have an absolute favorite of the bunch that i should watch?

I liked Loki, seems very inspired by The Adjustment Bureau, Terry Gilliam, Douglas Adams, etc.  As for the MCU, it depends on what kind of movies you like, but they are a continuous narrative.

^ what he said 

Rubin is right about continuity of MCU films but I can't recommend Guardian's of the Galaxy highly enough. It functions (or can function) completely on its own, and is probably one of my fave films of the last 10 years. It's just an excellent, hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes heartmendingly beautiful amazing flick. My wife and I watch at least once a year every year. 

FYI - don't put it on and go in the other room and make some popcorn or something and come back - there's a specific tonal shift in the first 5 mins or so that is so well carried off I can't stand the thought of someone missing it when they watch it for the first time. 

Edited by T3551ER
some weird capitalizations/quotations leading to unintended emphasis and unnecessary text much like the unnecessarily detailed reason for an edit. it's been a day.
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

^ what he said 

BUT

Rubin is right about continuity of MCU films but I can't recommend Guardian's of the Galaxy highly enough. It functions (or can function) completely on its own, and is probably one of my fave films of the last 10 years. It's just an excellent, hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes heartmendingly beautiful amazing flick. My wife and I watch at least once a year every year. 

FYI - don't put it on and go in the other room and make some popcorn or something and come back - there's a specific tonal shift in the first 5 mins or so that is so well carried off I can't stand the thought of someone missing it when they watch it for the first time. 

I almost recommended Guardians 1 as a good stand alone place to start.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

I liked Loki, seems very inspired by The Adjustment Bureau, Terry Gilliam, Douglas Adams, etc.  As for the MCU, it depends on what kind of movies you like, but they are a continuous narrative.

56 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

^ what he said 

BUT

12 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I almost recommended Guardians 1 as a good stand alone place to start.

ok guardians it is, thanks

I really enjoyed Dr. Strange. Check that out too :rdjgrin:

7 hours ago, diatoms said:

ok guardians it is, thanks

• Like 2

ok watched gotg and had a fun time:)

6 hours ago, yekker said:

I really enjoyed Dr. Strange. Check that out too :rdjgrin:

my brother told me to watch this about three years ago

i guess i just stopped watching movies after university

but i'm really enjoying the fantasy element to these films & tv show

on to dr. strange, thanks:)

• Like 1

watched dr. strange and had a fun time, thanks:)

i'm really enjoying the marvel universe

scorsese is up his own ass

• Like 1

v1.dDs0MDcyMDc7ajsxODgxNDsxMjAwOzE2MDA7M

this is show is a perfect encapsulation of modern television; it's got perfectly mediocre to terrible actors (i.e. background actors getting their first speaking role), a screenplay that's one part x-files and two parts graduate film school spec and a location manager that clearly has no quality control in his vocabulary. it's even worse than this which is an accomplishment in my eyes

• Thanks 1