IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

13 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Lucifer, final season. I bawled and blubbered like a little baby through almost every episode, particularly the last few. The rare show that somehow started off good and then just got better and better and better. I thought Season 5 couldn't be topped and I was so very wrong. Season 6 tore my heart out and provided an ending that was hard but felt totally earned/correct for everything the series has ultimately been about. I'd call it my pinnacle of guilty pleasure shows but I'm not even guilty about it so I guess I get to escape my hell loop ?   

I actually watched a season and a bit of Lucifer and loved it but for some reason dropped it (maybe, as you say, it felt like a OTT guilty pleasure) for Better Call Saul, which felt like a wise move. Because of your well written positive words, I think I’ll return and watch some more. The main man (forget the actors name) was indeed brilliant and funny.

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I actually watched a season and a bit of Lucifer and loved it but for some reason dropped it (maybe, as you say, it felt like a OTT guilty pleasure) for Better Call Saul, which felt like a wise move. Because of your well written positive words, I think I’ll return and watch some more. The main man (forget the actors name) was indeed brilliant and funny.

Cheers M8. Tom Ellis is the guy, you'll see him start to exercise his acting chops more as the series goes along. It does remain a bit OTT (it's a lot of drama that definitely swings into melodrama). I know for me, though, it ended up being this really amazing meditation on love/loss/sacrifice and some very deep themes that were carried off perfectly within the context of this sort of pulpy action/drama - in particular, you see all of the characters actually grow, change, and mature - something which is actually reflective of the show itself (starts off as procedural monster of the week, ends up being something much more). Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

Finally got around watching The Wire, and I don't remember when it was the last time I hated a movie villain more than I did Marlo's crew. Man, Snoop and Chris are fucking monsters. Especially Snoop. I wanted to waste them myself, lol. The scene where they chased Michael (not sure it was him) into the abandoned building, and when he shot them I was like "Yeah boy, fucking get them!!" But it turned out they were just training him and had paint bullets... fuck.

Amazing show in all aspects. It got me on a binge.

Bunk Moreland is hillarious.

• Burger 2

On 9/14/2021 at 4:52 PM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

Woooohoooo.  I was just coming in to comment on this.  I absolutely loved season 1, have watched it three times over so far.  This trailer's looking redonkulous.

3 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

This Locke & Key looks good….

Never heard of it before. Now I have, I shall conduct further investigations….

The original comic series is amazing, the series adaptation is... not bad at all. Both recommended.

• Thanks 1

Damn, apparently hadn't been in this thread since April. I moved and I guess that caused a lot of changes in my habits. Still watching TV though. Let's see, what have I been up to?

Dave: Hulu series about a Jewish rapper who thinks he's awesome. Halfway through season 2, watching a couple episodes per week on my own. Still good but season 1 was better.

The White Lotus: We finished this series pretty quickly, quite enjoyed it. I hear Hulu's Nine Perfect Strangers has a similar storyline and we may watch that soon.

What We Do in the Shadows: Almost up to date with season 3. Like everyone else, enjoying the series far more than the movie. The addition of Kristen Schaal in this season seems like a good fit, but I find her difficult to understand in this show. I'm not sure what it is.

Your Home Made Perfect: I've always enjoyed home-related shows like HGTV's House Hunters, but they tend to be very same-y and the repetitive format of each episode gets very annoying. So I recently searched for other shows that might be more creative, i.e. not so basic and came across this British series. Really enjoying seeing more global and modern architecture trends compared to the tired American crap. That said, patterns have emerged here too and I find that the use of the same 2 architects for every episode is a little tiresome, especially beyond a single season. I find the host Angela Scanlon quite charming and cute.

House Hunters Renovation: Like the standard House Hunters, couples search for a home to buy and choose from 3. But in this case, they search below budget in order to make renovations. Typically it's a new kitchen, maybe a bathroom, a few things on the side. We're enjoying it because we sold our home in the spring and are renting for a bit while we look for a new home, and it's helpful to see what people are doing and what the costs are — keeping in mind when these episodes were filmed and that things have changed. It's good inspiration, despite the trendy designs people tend to with in their remodels, and a good reminder not to be too critical when we're looking at homes.

Lupin: I watched both seasons in the last month or so and while the acting and production were good, it required too much suspension of disbelief and was really annoying in that sense. I rolled my eyes far too much. 

American Horror Stories: The new anthology series is comprised of stand-alone episodes, save for the first 2-part story. We watched the first part a couple weeks ago, and the 2nd last night. It was terrible and we will not be continuing with this series.

Money Heist: Just started season 5 last night, had to finish Lupin before I jumped in. Still really enjoying this series. Never thought it could go on so long while I was watching season 1 earlier in the year, but it's still working for me. Never really know what's gonna happen.

Danger 5: My girlfriend recommended this to me a few years ago, and it didn't seem available anywhere. Just learned it's on Tubi so we've watched a few episodes together. Spy comedy based in a bizarre 60s inspired version of WWII.

Only Murders in the Building: Just started this last night on Hulu, watched 2 episodes. Murder mystery comedy with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez.

I have a ton of other series I'd like to watch in my various wish lists, but most of the time I'm watching with my girlfriend so it's tough making decisions. I'm trying to get her to watch The Wire with me, as she's never seen it and I'd love to rewatch. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, Rubin Farr said:

As pilots go, this was pretty good. you spend the whole episode waiting for the shit to hit the fan, then boy it does

poster.jpg

Was just about to post about this. Definitely did a good job so far. I always wanted this to be a show- I remember back in the day when I read it (only read the first two trades) telling my wife “I hope they make this into show some day, because you would love it!” and she has so far!

Awesome. Narcos:Mexico is back! I know there’s a helluva lot of drug programs on Netflix (both fiction and non-fiction) but Narcos: Mexico was brilliant imo. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 2:30 PM, sidewinder said:

Damn, apparently hadn't been in this thread since April. I moved and I guess that caused a lot of changes in my habits. Still watching TV though. Let's see, what have I been up to?

Dave: Hulu series about a Jewish rapper who thinks he's awesome. Halfway through season 2, watching a couple episodes per week on my own. Still good but season 1 was better.

The White Lotus: We finished this series pretty quickly, quite enjoyed it. I hear Hulu's Nine Perfect Strangers has a similar storyline and we may watch that soon.

What We Do in the Shadows: Almost up to date with season 3. Like everyone else, enjoying the series far more than the movie. The addition of Kristen Schaal in this season seems like a good fit, but I find her difficult to understand in this show. I'm not sure what it is.

Your Home Made Perfect: I've always enjoyed home-related shows like HGTV's House Hunters, but they tend to be very same-y and the repetitive format of each episode gets very annoying. So I recently searched for other shows that might be more creative, i.e. not so basic and came across this British series. Really enjoying seeing more global and modern architecture trends compared to the tired American crap. That said, patterns have emerged here too and I find that the use of the same 2 architects for every episode is a little tiresome, especially beyond a single season. I find the host Angela Scanlon quite charming and cute.

House Hunters Renovation: Like the standard House Hunters, couples search for a home to buy and choose from 3. But in this case, they search below budget in order to make renovations. Typically it's a new kitchen, maybe a bathroom, a few things on the side. We're enjoying it because we sold our home in the spring and are renting for a bit while we look for a new home, and it's helpful to see what people are doing and what the costs are — keeping in mind when these episodes were filmed and that things have changed. It's good inspiration, despite the trendy designs people tend to with in their remodels, and a good reminder not to be too critical when we're looking at homes.

Lupin: I watched both seasons in the last month or so and while the acting and production were good, it required too much suspension of disbelief and was really annoying in that sense. I rolled my eyes far too much. 

American Horror Stories: The new anthology series is comprised of stand-alone episodes, save for the first 2-part story. We watched the first part a couple weeks ago, and the 2nd last night. It was terrible and we will not be continuing with this series.

Money Heist: Just started season 5 last night, had to finish Lupin before I jumped in. Still really enjoying this series. Never thought it could go on so long while I was watching season 1 earlier in the year, but it's still working for me. Never really know what's gonna happen.

Danger 5: My girlfriend recommended this to me a few years ago, and it didn't seem available anywhere. Just learned it's on Tubi so we've watched a few episodes together. Spy comedy based in a bizarre 60s inspired version of WWII.

Only Murders in the Building: Just started this last night on Hulu, watched 2 episodes. Murder mystery comedy with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez.

I have a ton of other series I'd like to watch in my various wish lists, but most of the time I'm watching with my girlfriend so it's tough making decisions. I'm trying to get her to watch The Wire with me, as she's never seen it and I'd love to rewatch. 

American Horror Stories was awful, and really only served the purpose of burning down the Murder House (spoiler)

Only Murders in the Building is good so far, def aimed at Boomers and Gen-X nostalgia 

• Like 1

City on a Hill (7.3274586/10) - Grabbed it from the library. It's good, but it all kinda starts to feel like there's a sweatshop somewhere with slaves just pumping out generic serial tv scripts en masse according to some master template created by a bot.

Anyway, decent show. Although I'm kinda annoyed at myself for enjoying it even a little.

Brand New Cherry Flavor -  It’s either the cats whiskers or the cats pyjamas. I’m not sure witch. But I do know it’s well fucking well weird…..

Edited by beerwolf

4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Brand New Cherry Flavor -  It’s either the cats whiskers or the cats pyjamas. I’m not sure witch. But I do know it’s well fucking well weird…..

91-2.jpg.83135c2c50712aed5ff1eb0ab8466794.jpgrosa_salazar.thumb.jpg.b58645d9e3f607c875ebc03e791fdac6.jpg

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Edited by _vow_of_silence_
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, yekker said:

Survivor is starting up tonight after being cancelled last year with the pandemic... Everyone laughs at me for liking it but whatever.

stay strong brother! us survivor fans need to stick together otherwise we will be bullied out of existence

47ubEdC.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, yekker said:

Survivor is starting up tonight after being cancelled last year with the pandemic... Everyone laughs at me for liking it but whatever.

16 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

stay strong brother! us survivor fans need to stick together otherwise we will be bullied out of existence

47ubEdC.gif

react_haha.png

react_haha.png

react_haha.png

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Nebraska said:

6d82a7043e328daa7d8c363b58754ce4.jpg

this was terrible. imagine the game star citizen, with a bunch of people yapping about something while using JJ Abrams cinematographer.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yeah it departs greatly from the books, cloning the Emperor repeatedly is a way to keep one character throughout the seasons , but Lee Pace is a terrible actor, he always speaks like he’s on stage and the cheap seats can’t hear him. The clothes are pretty hilarious as well.

Netflix and Neil Gaiman finally unveil the first look at The Sandman TV series (The A/V Club)

This. I'm really looking forward to it, having been a Gaiman/Sandman fan about as long as I can remember. Good Omens was as good as it gets, and the Sandman series is already looking better. Giddy middle-aged fanboys FTW.

• Like 4

Zipped through 9/11 Turning Point. Excellent. If you are interested in the stories and experiences of New York Times war journalist Dexter Filkins who appears in this documentary then, as I mentioned before, I’d highly recommend Once Upon A Time In Iraq. Its a strange experience watching this documentary while also simultaneously in real life Afghanistan returning to Taliban control. 

On 9/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, dcom said:

Netflix and Neil Gaiman finally unveil the first look at The Sandman TV series (The A/V Club)

This. I'm really looking forward to it, having been a Gaiman/Sandman fan about as long as I can remember. Good Omens was as good as it gets, and the Sandman series is already looking better. Giddy middle-aged fanboys FTW.