IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I just want to see their ship ? 

This looks like a well executed fan film, and my gut is telling me this show is going to be the worst of all time.

4 hours ago, Silent Member said:

This looks like a well executed fan film, and my gut is telling me this show is going to be the worst of all time.

Yeah, I'm worried. Been trying to figure out why and "well executed fan film" is spot on. It's weird, b/c the Sandman clip looks so well polished whereas this looks like... I don't know, something obviously filmed on a sound stage. Hard to tell until actual footage gets release though, Cho sounds fully committed which makes me hopeful....

• Like 1

Finished Money Heist last night, awaiting the next (final?) chapter in December. I've really loved this show. Obviously it's not all realistic but you really get invested in the characters. Great job all around on the crew that put this together. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kichiguy said:

Anyone happen to be watching Foundation?

watched the first episode and didn't like it at all. i might try and watch the 2nd in the hopes that it gets better but i have almost no faith. 

while the set design and art direction look good, the script, casting and direction seem to be a meandering mess

Watching the new season of GBBO… as to be expected, it’s tight as fuuuuk. 

Also 2 episodes into Hacks and not really feeling it. It seems like another show where every character is an asshole of a person. 

… also started watching the Surviving R Kelly documentary series after avoiding it for years. Glad he finally got the book thrown at him. He knows his way around a tune but the dude is a straight up sicko. 

Just finished Brand New Cherry Flavor   absolutely bonkers but brilliant, I could quite happily watch it all over again. Seems a over the top reaction but it could be one of the best tv shows I’ve seen. Maybe.

6CC9E2BF-DE55-4A49-AF8C-6BA1EEAD2809.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf

This got uncancelled 2 years later, and it's actually about them recording music now. Mario Van Peebles seems to be directing most if not all of the episodes. This week had a long surreal sequence about crate digging and sample layering. It was interesting and funny.

wu-tang.jpg

On 9/28/2021 at 1:00 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Mind numbingly boring. Couldn't do it.

poster.jpg

I’ve been told you have to watch at least two episodes until the premise of the show is even revealed.  Maybe you  gave up too quick?

My brother is swearing by this show right now, I might give it a try.   

Soz for slightly hogging this thread but this is my fifth week off work with a bad back. So I’m kind of limited in what I can do.

Similar to the feeling of finishing a really good book, I’ve hit that low lull after Brand New Cherry Flavor. Returned to and tried a bit of Lucifer, and though it’s really entertaining, it’s not ticking all the boxes for me, and not something I can sink my teeth into. Also tried a few episodes of Orange Is The New Black (don’t ask why, I don’t have an answer ?) which is okay but yeah not exactly something that interests me.

I think it might be time for

C74E1B28-16B4-4339-8CB9-AB59174B8A76.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf

Started watching The Serpent on Netflix last week. Pretty good so far, but only 1.5 episodes in. I got distracted during my 2nd episode last night and paused it to look at bullshit on my phone, then it was past my bedtime. 

7 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Soz for slightly hogging this thread but this is my fifth week off work with a bad back. So I’m kind of limited in what I can do.

Similar to the feeling of finishing a really good book, I’ve hit that low lull after Brand New Cherry Flavor. Returned to and tried a bit of Lucifer, and though it’s really entertaining, it’s not ticking all the boxes for me, and not something I can sink my teeth into. Also tried a few episodes of Orange Is The New Black (don’t ask why, I don’t have an answer ?) which is okay but yeah not exactly something that interests me.

I think it might be time for

C74E1B28-16B4-4339-8CB9-AB59174B8A76.jpeg

Very interested to hear your thoughts on this - it's been on the radar for a while and from what I hear it's pretty great. Actually think a few folks around here have given it high praise? Might just be making that up tho...

I just started watching the first season of True Detective last night. I had watched 5 minutes of it maybe 3 years ago and for some reason turned it off. what is wrong with me? holy crap the first 50 minutes are better than like 98% of the trash I usually watch. Stoked to see more... 

EDIT: sry, forgot, was going to say "hope you feel better soon!" Back problems are no fun at all - good luck getting vertical when you can!

Edited by T3551ER

1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

Very interested to hear your thoughts on this - it's been on the radar for a while and from what I hear it's pretty great. Actually think a few folks around here have given it high praise? Might just be making that up tho...

I just started watching the first season of True Detective last night. I had watched 5 minutes of it maybe 3 years ago and for some reason turned it off. what is wrong with me? holy crap the first 50 minutes are better than like 98% of the trash I usually watch. Stoked to see more... 

EDIT: sry, forgot, was going to say "hope you feel better soon!" Back problems are no fun at all - good luck getting vertical when you can!

Cheers. It’s been a fairly depressing episode for me, but I’ve refused to give a full report in the First World Problems thread. Mainly because I have support around me and I’m getting better and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think I regarded the first few weeks as a bit of a hoot (I don’t mind work but yeah I don’t jump out of bed with joy either!) that seemed to wear off after a while and then one starts wishing and reflecting upon returning to full fitness. Appreciate your words.

Veering back on track, yes I definitely read about Locke & Key on watmm. I’ll probably start tomorrow. 

Edited by beerwolf

16 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Cheers. It’s been a fairly depressing episode for me, but I’ve refused to give a full report in the First World Problems thread. Mainly because I have support around me and I’m getting better and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think I regarded the first few weeks as a bit of a hoot (I don’t mind work but yeah I don’t jump out of bed with joy either!) that seemed to wear off after a while and then one starts wishing and reflecting upon returning to full fitness. Appreciate your words.

Veering back on track, yes I definitely read about Locke & Key on watmm. I’ll probably start tomorrow. 

Well, really glad to hear things are looking up (and that you've got a good support network - that shit's crucial, particularly in these very trying, very weird times). I remember being laid up w/ hernia surgery a few years back. I figured I'd just be popping pain pills and catching up on anime, which did happen, and was kind of cool for a while, but the pain and the just not being able to get up and do shit got to be realllly frustrating. It's amazing how much you miss really simple shit (like, real basic things, like walking 15 feet without feeling exhausted) when you can't do it. Glad you're on the positive side of recovery, don't forget to take it easy on yourself!

Back OT - hellz yeah, just saw this post on Facebook where Neil Gaiman got a special edition Key model from the Locke and Key Sandman crossover going on (I'm a HUGE Sandman fan, so this puts L&K even more on the radar). Still on True Detective which is seriously threatening to A-bomb my sleep schedule because first season is SO. Friggin. Good. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Only Murders in the Building is good so far, def aimed at Boomers and Gen-X nostalgia 

Yeah, so far it has been really good. Even tho some of the boomer type stuff you mentioned happens a lot- the pair of those old bastards haven’t done anything this good/funny in years. Plus it’s really entertaining and has good mystery and plot (so far). The music is good, but really catchy, sticks in your head, drives you crazy. I still like it tho. It’s been playing in my head since the second I read this.

Hulu is generally doing really well with their original series IMO. So far Y has been awesome- the music is really good too.

Also just finished White Lotus on HBO- I thought it was pretty good.

• Like 1

A good way to close out his Netflix specials, Dave continues to subvert the audience’s expectations, no matter how painful. He’s brilliant at making everyone think he’s retreated into the “angry black man” trope, but that’s the ruse. He talks about himself too much again, but it leads to a poignant ending.

EC81AA49-C5B2-4693-86B5-DC4BF7AFB82E.jpeg

• Like 1