IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I tried watching the movies that made us, because, honestly it's a good concept. Started with the Aliens episode, but the editing, music and obnoxious voice over is the worst fucking shit of all time. This show seems to be targeting an audience without a functioning brain, not movie buffs as it should.

It made me want to kill someone. Probably the editor.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

I tried watching the movies that made us, because, honestly it's a good concept. Started with the Aliens episode, but the editing, music and obnoxious voice over is the worst fucking shit of all time. This show seems to be targeting an audience without a functioning brain, not movie buffs as it should.

You obviously haven’t seen this

https://www.netflix.com/title/81440982

2 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Yip. I started the Halloween one, that lasted approximately 3 mins, then tried the Aliens one hoping the delivery would be different, and it wasn’t so that lasted approximately 1 minute. Dreadful job. Burn the editor at the stake!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, species8472 said:

yea. foundation is excellent. but it sounds like you will find ways to not like it. 

It just didn't grab my attention in the first episode, slow paced with no indication on where it's going, and the fact that I couldn't relate much of what was going on with the original story (of which I'm a huge fan) didn't help, I'm sure if I were more patient I could get into it, but it may not be worth it 

Brassic. It’s funny. My kind of humour. Plus Michelle Keegan is hot, but not hotter than Richard James who keeps appearing with his ‘dying slowly in the corner of a rave’ anthem from Drukqs. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I recently read the first foundation book - I haven’t watched the new series but frankly I don’t think it would be hard to improve on the dialogue at the very least (the chapter with lord dorwin is almost unreadable)

maybe some of the concepts are fleshed out better in the subsequent books but “psychohistory” also feels like a very handwavey plot device

15 hours ago, beerwolf said:

On the 4th episode of the new season of Narcos:Mexico. Just fucking brilliant. Watch it.

Stormed through the 10 episodes this weekend, it's good. Too bad there won't be more, S3 is confirmed to be the series finale - but there are several choices to get into the Sinaloa/El Chapo side of things.

• Like 1

dexter-new-blood-1.jpg

this was a pretty risky way to start off the new season of dexter with a very slow re-awakening of what to expect (from main character to actual episode tone) that it almost felt like the director was simply told what the show was about rather than being familiar with the character of the series. 

11 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

dexter-new-blood-1.jpg

this was a pretty risky way to start off the new season of dexter with a very slow re-awakening of what to expect (from main character to actual episode tone) that it almost felt like the director was simply told what the show was about rather than being familiar with the character of the series. 

haven't watch this new ep yet, but saw the reviews are in and are not exactly kind to the 1st 4 ep's of the reboot. I will reserve judgment until watching, but am slightly deflated knowing it could be more of the same as the last 4-5 seasons of the show were. 

Michael Keaton delivers here, if you thought the royal dilettante families on Succession , Empire or Power are off the wall, the Sacklers take the fucking cake, and they’re real. Monsters. 

thanks Disney!

8B08C4C1-C78F-4C26-9184-E1EB63B48A83.jpeg

• Like 1

spacer.png

My wife has been wanting to watch this show for a while and I’ve been hesitant but I gave in and am glad I did. Lots of genuine LOLs in this show. Great cast. Great characters. Very good writing. Refreshing to see something that skewers American pop-culture so well. I feel like if you like Curb Your Enthusiasm you’d probably dig this too. 

Also, if you are into improv at all, Drew Tarver also has a hilarious improv group called Big Grande and they do a ridiculously funny podcast called The Teacher’s Lounge that you absolutely need to listen to. 

• Thanks 1

Morning fellow couch potatoes. Might be my last couple of weeks of hanging around here (is that celebrations I hear??) as the doctor reckons it’s almost about time for me to return to work. Current viewing is Brassic Season 2 which I’ll happily score 8/10, it’s very very funny. Schitts creek 8/10 because it’s also very very funny. Almost done with Narcos: Mexico 8/10. So quite solid scores. Also tried a few episodes of Discovery of Witches which seems on the surface all bells and whistles but I’m beginning to suspect is just a load of old guff. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 12:43 PM, beerwolf said:

On the 4th episode of the new season of Narcos:Mexico. Just fucking brilliant. Watch it.

Started this last weekend and have watched 2 eps so far. I really picked up on the music on this particular episode. The first track was really good (don't know what it was, sounded like the 60s), and then there was TKK's "Kooler Than Jesus" which I didn't expect at all. Need to check out an OST playlist. 

On 11/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, Nebraska said:

dexter-new-blood-1.jpg

Damn, I need Showtime. Didn't realize this started already.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:01 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

My wife has been wanting to watch this show for a while and I’ve been hesitant but I gave in and am glad I did. Lots of genuine LOLs in this show. Great cast. Great characters. Very good writing. Refreshing to see something that skewers American pop-culture so well. I feel like if you like Curb Your Enthusiasm you’d probably dig this too. 

Also, if you are into improv at all, Drew Tarver also has a hilarious improv group called Big Grande and they do a ridiculously funny podcast called The Teacher’s Lounge that you absolutely need to listen to. 

We started this in the last week as well, after having it in the queue for a bit. Really happy we did. Reminds me a bit of Party Down, and not just because of Ken Marino.

Also watching the latest seasons of Insecure, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Succession if I didn't mention already. Curb is really good so far this season.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 9:26 AM, T3551ER said:

hahaha ok, I'm on board now. At first I didn't quite get the weird filmic quality in the credits but if this is any indication of the amount of creativity and style they are going for, I'm good. Definitely not a carbon copy of the OG, really does feel like they are going for a "spiritual successor" and swinging for it. Having their little argument at the end feels so spot on Bebop too... 

reviews are starting to trickle in for this, and it's not sounding good. 

1 hour ago, zero said:

reviews are starting to trickle in for this, and it's not sounding good. 

Yeah, I'll reserve final judgment until I actually watch it but... yeah, definitely sounds like a mixed bag. Started re-watching the original anime just to remind myself of the "feel" of the series... that might've been a mistake ?

Everyone on this show is batshit crazy, I’m almost all the way to the end, and I’m still not sure what is going on. It seems to dial up the cringe factor as it progresses. Decent period piece, but a little too up its own ass.

D41D49C8-49BA-431F-914E-6DDC24F5D8F5.jpeg

On 11/11/2021 at 6:37 PM, sidewinder said:

Started this last weekend and have watched 2 eps so far. I really picked up on the music on this particular episode. The first track was really good (don't know what it was, sounded like the 60s), and then there was TKK's "Kooler Than Jesus" which I didn't expect at all. Need to check out an OST playlist. 

Damn, I need Showtime. Didn't realize this started already.

We started this in the last week as well, after having it in the queue for a bit. Really happy we did. Reminds me a bit of Party Down, and not just because of Ken Marino.

Also watching the latest seasons of Insecure, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Succession if I didn't mention already. Curb is really good so far this season.

Agreed- Curb has been really good this season

On 11/11/2021 at 8:52 PM, onecaseman said:

Loved Party Down, so I'll check it out.

Me too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2021/11/party-down-revival-starz-greenlight-adam-scott-jane-lynch-ken-marino-megan-mullally-returning-lizzy-caplan-out-1234874850/amp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1