IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I watched the two first episodes of Blade Runner: Black Lotus, animation is shit and the characters look like they're culled from the Sims. Stupid action scenes and bad acting. Thanks, Obama.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

I watched the two first episodes of Blade Runner: Black Lotus, animation is shit and the characters look like they're culled from the Sims. Stupid action scenes and bad acting. Thanks, Obama.

Spoiler

6ygRdWw.gif

Edited by T3551ER

I’m maybe the last person on earth to watch Squid Game. It’s pretty good. Not mind-blowing, but entertaining. I feel like the story starts to click around episode 5. A lot of what happens before that feels like it was written by a 14 year old. 

• Burger 1

14 hours ago, usagi said:

Better Call Saul is about to wrap up soon and I haven't seen a single bit of it in all the time it's been going. worth it?

It's slow-paced, but I like it. If you enjoyed Breaking Bad and you like Bob Odenkirk (and Jonathan Banks' character Mike Ehrmantraut), you might as well. I haven't seen the latest season as it's not on Netflix yet. Don't have AMC or whatever.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 5:55 AM, usagi said:

Better Call Saul is about to wrap up soon and I haven't seen a single bit of it in all the time it's been going. worth it?

Yes. Very good. As sidewinder says it’s a slow burn. Once Gus enters the frame it gets even better. I actually started this a couple of times before committing. One of the best tv shows I’ve watched. Glad I did.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 3:03 PM, Silent Member said:

Have you seen Arcane?

No, I was afraid I'd be getting more of that ☝️, and the LOL origin makes me super sceptical. I don't care about LOL, unless it's rolling.

Edited by Silent Member

On 11/20/2021 at 10:15 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Have you seen Arcane?

Ayo, this show has great art direction and animation, but I think I'm getting too old for this sort of stuff. I'll give it another try when I'm in the mood for some fantasy bullshit. Watched another episode of that Blade Runner show, absolutely abysmal, crap animation/art style + the people who made it obviously don't understand anything about what made the Blade Runner movies good, it seems they try to turn it into a super dumb action heavy ghost in the shell rip off.

Also watched most of Midnight Mass, I find it pretty boring tbh, I'm having trouble connecting with any of the characters, and the story in itself isn't all that interesting to me? I had a non religious upbringing and never had any interaction with that sort of crowd. Very American and quite alien to me. The drunkard character was good, but he's mostly not around.

Did give Hellbound a try as well, the CGI troll-things kind of ruin it for me, if they'd just been real actors or something  more sinister and less over the top shit'd work much better. It's pretty entertaining, goes unexpected places. I'll probably finish it and regret everything.

Finished Midnight Mass and Hellbound, the first was definitely the better show. Hellbound is Ok+

Edited by Silent Member

On 11/19/2021 at 6:07 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

I’m maybe the last person on earth to watch Squid Game. It’s pretty good. Not mind-blowing, but entertaining. I feel like the story starts to click around episode 5. A lot of what happens before that feels like it was written by a 14 year old. 

I finished watching it last night. Really enjoyed it. I see S2 is already in the offing, but let's be honest it won't be as good as it will be all world building and explanation which isn't needed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luke viia said:

Yeah, finished this last night, enjoyed it all the way through. Erin in the boat was so intense. :wtf:

yussss seriously. lots of intense bits even on the action-y side of things (tho usually 'tense action scenes' normally don't feel tense in many things because you can expect what's happening, these really were wild but also some of the action-y bits had serious emotion attached/integral). but the boat scene is so absolutely powerful, which was actually surprising because as soon as it started i knew what was going to happen...but they made it work SO well that it hit super hard. 

thinking about it now i think this is one i could watch again in a year or something and maybe enjoy even more.

• Like 1

Currently watching The Wheel of time. I'm finding it very poor, though watchable. The show has rekindled some interest in the books, and it's been fun chatting with mates about the books again. Audible released a new version of Book 1 read by Rosamund Pike in line with the show's release. She does a sterling job, I hope she does them all. 

As for the Prime show...

The bad: CGI, 'sexing' up the plot to make it more GoT like, costume design (looks like Legend of the Seeker), the dialogue, pacing, the show runner, some fridging... there's a lot...

The good: Great casting for Moraine and Lan, both Rosamund Pike and Daniel Henney are great together. Some beautiful filming locations. Some other good casting choices. 

Not sure what happened with Brassic, first and maybe second episode of Season2 I was rolling on the floor laughing, gasping for air, then by the middle of the season I was just tired with it and binned it. Weird. It just seemed to run completely out of steam and got old.

Watched a few episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (started on season 2) and was very funny indeed. Think I finished that season in an afternoon.

Scratching around for something epic to sink my teeth into. I wish I could watch a Midnight Mass 2. 

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Watched a few episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (started on season 2) and was very funny indeed. Think I finished that season in an afternoon.

I haven't watched this in years but enjoyed it. Unfortunately I have no idea where I left off. I remember once about 10 years ago I tried to watch it when I came home drunk and I had to switch it off, it was making me spin.

• Like 1

Watching the Beatles “Get Back” series (still 30 minutes remaining in part1… 2 more parts to go). Actually, not 100% sure whether to classify it as a “series” or an 8hr “film”. It doesn’t feel like watching a series. It’s structure is more like a movie. What is unique about it is that it’s more immersive than any other documentary I’ve ever seen about anything. You’re just planted in the room with them and almost experiencing everything they are experiencing for an extended amount of time. It’s the closest thing I can imagine to actually spending time with the band and getting to know them. 
I’m guessing he experience is probably painful for anyone who doesn’t care for the Beatles, but if you love them, or even like them, it’s 100% worth the watch. It’s also crazy to see how young they still were at the end of their career as a band. They each share this paradoxical state of being supercharged with youthful, creative energy and a taxed/spent/fed-up energy. Super fascinating stuff.

Biggest takeaway: Ringo deserves a Medal of Honor for his patience. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 3

Midnight Mass - good Stephen Kingish horror, a bit of a slow burn, but kind of worked and good performances from the actors. The boat scene was intense.

Brand New Cherry Flavor - I think the first Rose Salazar joint I've seen where she's not an animated character. She does a good job in it. Weird, but could have been weirder IMO. I don't know if they were going for something Lynchian. But do like the urban horror kind of vibe.

Arcane - caught a trailer of it and got intrigued by the art style and animation and it delivered and then some. Was very impressed. All I knew before is that LoL is some online game and show works without any knowledge of the game. The aesthetic pleased me, part Bioshock art deco and Dishonored painterly art. Facial animation were top tier as well as voice acting. Recommended.

Foundation - have not read the books. A pretty expensive looking show but it lacked the je ne sais quoi that would have elevated it to top tier. The Terminus story line kinda dragged and the Empire storyline was way more interesting (which I understand deviates from the book among other things). As it is its an OK pretty scifi show with some dumb shit but I love scifi that I gobble any shit.

• Like 4

The only show I've watched in the last two years besides re-watching the sopranos and the simpsons is the great british bakeoff. My GF started putting it on a few weeks ago and I got sucked in. 

NGL that shit is entertaining as hell. I used to be a baker/pastry chef in my early 20's/late teens so it tickles my brain. Plus Brits are funny. I love when there's someone with just an awful accent. There was a lady from Liverpool who every time she spoke I would just start laughing. The amount of accents you guys have there is wild!

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

6 hours ago, Audioblysk said:

The only show I've watched in the last two years besides re-watching the sopranos and the simpsons is the great british bakeoff. My GF started putting it on a few weeks ago and I got sucked in. 

NGL that shit is entertaining as hell. I used to be a baker/pastry chef in my early 20's/late teens so it tickles my brain. Plus Brits are funny. I love when there's someone with just an awful accent. There was a lady from Liverpool who every time she spoke I would just start laughing. The amount of accents you guys have there is wild!

Oh bro. I’ve seen every damn season. That show is perfection. 

• Big Brain 1