IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

1 hour ago, GORDO said:

Don't get me wrong the show is highly entertaining and captivating with good production value, but:

Logan quickly recovers from being mentally disabled just like that.

Kendall misses being present in a board vote (unable to force Roy out of the room and pressuring the other members) because weather.

A takeover loses Kendall's support because of a car accident.

A legal case that was supposedly a big threat is suddenly meaningless.

Everything that's built up and the source of tension throughout ends up being diffused by a chance event.

I keep thinking about that Pixar rule list for storytelling, one of them is "coincidences to get characters in trouble are great; coincidences to get them out of it are cheating.

dunno, maybe that's the point, that some people are just lucky and powerful but never do we see Roy being actually clever.

Ok, fair points. I thought the helicopter bit was indeed a little contrived... But I also had the feeling that it was actually a bit of string-pulling by Logan. The car accident was actually Kendall being a reckless drug addict - something like this was bound to happen eventually. You're talking about the one where the waiter dies, right (ooops, huge spoiler... obviously)? 

The legal threat - was that cruises? It's been haunting the family for all three seasons now.

spacer.png

Instantly hooked on this show (HBO). Super silly and clever. Fun characters. I highly doubt that the American version is going to be anywhere near as good. 

Edited by J3FF3R00

^^^
I didn’t like Stranger Things at all. I barely made it through the first season. It was too derivative for me, on the level I found it a bit insulting. Been there done that and got the T-shirt decades ago. I understand I’m in the minority ?

Started Season 2 of The Mandalorian yesterday and almost finished it yesterday. Perfect Boxing Day fare. 

• Like 1

New season of the Witcher is pretty entertaining and less of a mess than the first season.

• Like 2

Doing a binge on these bc they’re on Peacock for free, it’s just as good as the intro, classic Gerry Anderson, terrible dialogue, polyester and 70s hair, and the best ship designs next to Star Wars. I remember my cousin had the ship that was like 3 feet long. We had the Hot Wheels versions.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Doing a binge on these bc they’re on Peacock for free, it’s just as good as the intro, classic Gerry Anderson, terrible dialogue, polyester and 70s hair, and the best ship designs next to Star Wars.

thanks for the heads up. barbara bain was once- that dame

598full-barbara-bain.jpg

• Like 1

fox-nation-awards.jpg?fit=640,360&ssl=1&

in an attempt to fix this fuck up, fox news put out an award show (do they do this annually?) where they gave "awards" to "patriots" (i.e. staunch right wingers) while at the same time keeping the biden bashing energy alive. at first i thought they'd go to right wing celebrities but they actually took things a step further and targeted their audience.

https://try.nation.foxnews.com/patriot-awards/

52 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Watching “Invasian” on AppleTV. The show is ok, not great not terrible, but the music by Max Richter is fantastic.

invasion was a giant waste of time. there are so many plot holes, it’s ridiculous. honestly worthy of a mst3k treatment

Book of Boba Fett - premiere was pretty good, seems they might stick to a 50/50 new story/flashback format. But this version of Tatooine looks way too clean. They made Temuera Morrison lose the dad belly.

cobra-kai-season-4-poster-456x570.jpg

this was entertaining, but they've got so many storylines with so many different characters (4 senseis now?) it almost feels like the show is starting to fracture a little- though all the callbacks to cheesy z-grade martial movies was great especially bea cynthia rothrock getting proper kudos but this is "sort of" going nowhere. it's all setup with almost zero payoff that only acts to set up the next setup up. 

dexter-new-blood-plakat-1.jpg

clyde phillips is firing off all cylinders this season

• Like 1

Fire up the trumpets ✊ ? 

Blaze a trail on the horns ??

Crank up the guitar ? ? 

Let loose like a lunatic mongoose on the drums ? ? 

Play the keys like an IDM Spacelord from another dimension ? ?  ?

Smash a fucking banjo into a thousand pieces  ? ? ? 

This is the last week I will be Mr Potato and reporting from my wonderful couch on tv matters, well at least on a regular basis. I must say it’s a rather pleasant thread this, with very courteous, well mannered folk and it’s been a joy to be around. Hardly, if any a bad word spoken. Very cool ? 

Started The Tourist (BBC) which is absolutely excellent and precisely my cup of tea. Love the emptiness and ‘end of the world’ vibe of the Australian outback, and perfectly paced with twists and turns.

Was also reading about the upcoming Lord Of The Rings tv series on Amazon. I’m not sure wether to be seriously excited or seriously wary. There seems to be so many different people involved the saying ‘too many cooks spoil the broth’ springs to mind. Though I have a slight obsession with anything Sauron, so hopefully it will be excellent seeing more of his story. But then I think about the other slight obsession I had with The Space Jockey and look how they totally fucked that up. IMO.

• Like 1

Chernobyl - binged in a day, what an utter nightmare. Brilliant idea, execution, and soundtrack. It was so much worse than the West was let in on, never seen such a realistic and unsettling depiction of radiation poisoning. Trying to do the math in your head of how many cancer infections, birth defects, still births, miscarriages, child deaths, etc, it had to be over 1 million Soviets. And then another $2 billion to build a gigantic cover over reactor #4, mind boggling.

• Like 2

Just started watching Ted Lasso last week. Season one was fun but nothing spectacular.  I’m currently 2 episodes into S2 and already I’m all “what’s the point?” The first season had a clear story and arc but this just feels aimless and low-stakes. I’m planning to keep watching but if it takes 3 episodes to establish what the main storyline of the season is then that’s a problem. 

I also think the show was also severely hyped up before I started it so that never helps. 

*edit*

After 10 out of 12 episodes in S2, I can confidently say this show has jumped the shark forward and backward many times. The main storyline never really materialized and the show tries to give all of the characters additional dimensions in the second season but fails in making any of those changes believable. 

Spoiler

That episode with coach beards adventure night made zero sense. Then that big funeral episode made less sense  who fucking cares about rebecca’s dad? And Wtf was that whole Rick roll thing about?  Also Ted finally talks to the therapist and they cross-cut the big moment with rebecca chewing her mom out for letting her dad cheat on her?! Give me a damn break. Also, Roy’s fake ass voice is super annoying. So many more complaints  about basically everything.  I can’t understand why this show is so popular. 

Edited by J3FF3R00