IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 1/14/2022 at 4:32 AM, Silent Member said:

Is it worth watching? Is it a band aid on the wound left by the last few seasons? I love Dexter, but unfortunately it mostly sucks.

Agreed. I’m curious too. I just hated the last few seasons so much. Really, I only liked the first two, when all is said and done. But, I could definitely be convinced 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ArtificialDisco said:

Reminds me that I still haven't finished Tales From the Tour Bus.

Tour Bus is excellent, an amateur education in 20th Century music history. Have you seen The Goode Family?

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 1:39 AM, perunamuusi said:

How did I not know about this. From the creator of XRA! 

looks pretty weird. I very much a fan for the more satirical approach but strangely the pandemic made me kind of thin skinned in comparison to before. 

this kind of humor seems in a weird shift currently when you look at southpark which had some really great seasons 3-4 years ago but has mutated to a weird self referencing sitcom since the pandemic or black mirror which has left the screen entirely 

14 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

finished Station Eleven. it’s not going to be for everyone but it was for me. Probably the best but if tv i’ve seen in the pandemic

this is next up for me - have people coming out of the woodwork suggesting I watch. Looking forward to it!

Just finished Marble Hornets - it's... whew. Definitely won't be for everyone (and not even sure it's for me) but definitely a fascinating trip particularly watching it and thinking about what it must have been like to experience this as it was happening. If you take that away, the whole thing is very meandering/unfocused/loose with poor acting and dialogue. But. The totheark segments I found legitimately well done, and of a caliber that belies a more capable editorial hand than some of the main videos. Some stuff is str8 bonkers in the best way possible. Some stuff is just nausea inducing. After the first hours or so, found the whole thing to be oddly comforting - a warm blanket of visual noise that occasionally actually creeped me TF out and other times just sort of lulled me into a state of relaxation.  

1 hour ago, Himelstein said:

Agreed. I’m curious too. I just hated the last few seasons so much. Really, I only liked the first two, when all is said and done. But, I could definitely be convinced 

I'm with you there on 1 & 2. 3 was pretty meh, 4 with Lithgow could be said to be the best of the lot, then from 5 onward it was way too silly/unbelievable. I stuck with it till the end, more or less forced myself to get through the last season.

I too am wondering about this new one. guess I'll have to give it a shot a some point.

• Like 1

Craig of the Creek came back (officially, 2 episodes aired before this but they weren't promoted at all and this was promoted as the premiere of the season) with the premiere of Season 4 this Monday

my god I missed this show so much it's just so lovely to see the Creek being united as a whole and not seperated into sides anymore also the jokes (aside the constant 4th wall breaking which got tedious as it went on) were so fucking good in these 8 episodes ahhhh

definitely excited for the rest of Season 4!!!

Started the 2nd season of Love On The Spectrum last night. This show gives me crazy anxiety (my wife likes it, that’s why we’re watching). I feel very strongly for the people on the show so it’s rough to see them all constantly go through complicated emotions and interactions. 

3 hours ago, o00o said:

looks pretty weird. I very much a fan for the more satirical approach but strangely the pandemic made me kind of thin skinned in comparison to before. 

this kind of humor seems in a weird shift currently when you look at southpark which had some really great seasons 3-4 years ago but has mutated to a weird self referencing sitcom since the pandemic or black mirror which has left the screen entirely 

What doth life though?

On 1/26/2021 at 12:30 PM, sidewinder said:

Haven't been in this thread for a bit, but wanted to follow up on Search Party. After 3 episodes, my girlfriend and I still weren't sure whether we should continue or not. Some of the characters were annoying and it wasn't going anywhere. We decided to keep going as we were invested...and boy are we glad we did. This show is fucking great. All caught up now with the current season, 4. Always nice to start a show when there are already several seasons out. Highly recommend this one. 

+1

Just binged all of The Shrink Next Door. Expectations were low but it was pretty decent in the end. Could have done a little bit better explaining Rudd’s motivations but maybe that would have made it too explicit.  Worth the watch. 

• Like 1

this was flamboyantly full of itself. patrick bet david is a right leaning interviewer who likes to stuff as many words into a question as possible to help steer you into a more conservative answer. michael franzese is a right wing former member of the columbo crime family. sammy the bull is a gangters gangster. 

for about 4 hours these guys rehashed their history and pretended to be angry at one another . the other 6 they bitched about politics and made out.

Edited by Nebraska

Binged Ozark S4 Part 1. Pretty clear they will wrap things up in part 2. Maintains the quality of the series so far. Only one thing I found a little unbelievable but didn't take me out of it.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:34 AM, chenGOD said:

Just binged all of The Shrink Next Door. Expectations were low but it was pretty decent in the end. Could have done a little bit better explaining Rudd’s motivations but maybe that would have made it too explicit.  Worth the watch. 

I'm finding this a bit slow and missing something. After the first few episodes we kept forgetting we were watching it, so it's taken us basically 3 weeks to watch 4 episodes. I think part of that is it being on Apple TV+, which isn't one of our go-to apps. Apple has somehow made it difficult for you to get back to their own content in their app, which is fucking weird. Anyway I wish I liked it a little more as the cast is great.

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Apple has somehow made it difficult for you to get back to their own content in their app

This may depend on what device you're watching it on - on my playstation it was worse than eating taco bell, but on the Apple TV it's the first thing that comes up when you turn it on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Binged Ozark S4 Part 1. Pretty clear they will wrap things up in part 2. Maintains the quality of the series so far. Only one thing I found a little unbelievable but didn't take me out of it.

I’m watching it now too. That first episode was a bit like a soap opera but it’s gaining steam again. Laura Linney’s character is pretty insufferable in this season. 

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Laura Linney’s character is pretty insufferable in this season. 

Don't read this until you finish the season:

Spoiler

The way she acts is 100% unreasonably cruel towards her family, but then you remember all the fucked up shit people do in the real world and you go - oh yeah, that actually does seem believable. The scene that took me out of the show a bit was when she picks the lock on a dresser to get access to some of Jonah's passcodes.

• Thanks 1